Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NEW Oncotype Dx Roll Call Thread

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• UpstateNYer
    UpstateNYer Member Posts: 331
    edited November 2019
    Options

Pebblesv- Thanks for your kind words. I had so wished that my onco score would have been low, but alas, that was not the case. I guess that I should be grateful for the onco test, because if all of this happened to me 15 years ago, the standard of care would have just been lumpectomy and radiation. My tumor was small with no nodal involvement. At least doing chemo lowered my risk statistically of recurrence, and for that I am grateful. Getting through chemo was rough, but I kept telling myself that all awful se's would be temporary. I was grateful that I only needed to do 4 rounds.

How are you doing on tamoxifen? I am doing ok on anastrozole, but I have only been taking it since September.

Blessings to all 😍

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hi UpstateNYer - so far so good on tamoxifen and I was super nervous about SEs before starting it. I’ve been on it since January so almost a year in now. I had a little nausea the first week which my doc said was my body adjusting to the hormones and it went away. Then it took a few months for me to get back to a regular cycle but my MO said that was natural and it’s back to consistent now. Other than that it’s been very smooth so I don’t mind taking it!

It’s so interesting that 15 years ago the standard of care was lumpectomy and radiation, then I think 10 years ago the standard was chemo for everybody until they developed the oncotype test. Medicine gets more informed and advanced every day, so glad now they have the oncotype test to help inform whether chemo is beneficial or not.

• Dreamer1
    Dreamer1 Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2019
    Options

Oncotype 10, 3% RS, < 1% chemo benefit.

Treatment: LMP, SNB, RAD, AI

• aug242007
    aug242007 Member Posts: 186
    edited September 2020
    Options

I always love to give an update on the Oncotype Roll Call. I was diagnosed in 2007 with Stage 2 IDC and Oncotype of 11. I had bilateral mast and did 10 years of Arimidex. I am doing great. I encourage everyone on this website. Enjoy each day. Love to all.

• Rebalilly
    Rebalilly Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2020
    Options

Oncotype score 18, RS with Tamoxifen 5%; <1% chemo benefit.

• ampmusic14
    ampmusic14 Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2020
    Options

I don't know how many people are still on this board for this post since it was started 11 yrs ago. My anxiety is getting the best of me tonight but I blame just having chemo this week. Just looking for some support. My oncotype score came back at 37. I'm a grade 3 aggressive cancer... 95%ER+, 1%PR+ and HER2-. My tumor was almost 5cm. I started with the bilateral mastectomy which showed some peritumoral lymphovascular invasive which I still don't fully understand but my doctor's said it's ok and all my margins from the mastectomy were clear and no lymph nodes involved. I finished chemo this week which was 4 rounds of taxotere and cytoxan and then I'll be on tamoxifen. I guess from what I'm reading on this board is that not many of us have high oncotype scores which has me in a panic. I did ask my oncologist about it again at my last appointment and he said not to worry about the number, it really just meant that I would benefit from chemo. I don't know... I don't want cancer to come back!! I'm just scared. Anyone else have higher oncotype scores and doing well?? Thank you.

• Rebalilly
    Rebalilly Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2020
    Options

ampmusic14, search for “Long Term High Oncotype Survivors“. Lots of great stories with high scores.

• ampmusic14
    ampmusic14 Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2020
    Options

Thank you. I'll look into that.

• Gonetruckin
    Gonetruckin Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2021
    Options

speaking of side effects, what are the first symptoms of peripheral neuropathy? My heels feel like I’ve been walking around on darned socks but I haven’t. I thought that side effect didn’t come until the paclitaxel, which I don’t start for a couple week

• denton10
    denton10 Member Posts: 4
    Options