Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

2.3 cm. tumor takes how long to grow?

Options
2»

Comments

• midnight1327
    midnight1327 Member Posts: 1,331
    edited May 2012
    Options

I am very glad you stuck to your guns and got that scan done, well done, they don't  know everything aye. I am just sorry that it came to that. will be thinking of you this week.  take  care.

• jkwsmama
    jkwsmama Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2012
    Options

Still in shock is all I can say... Just found out yesterday I have breast cancer what a blow to the gut...

Don't know all the info yet they think it is 9mm from the sonogram but reading here it sounds like we won't know till it's out! Just waiting for the MRI to be scheduled and the genetic testing since I am 41 dr wanted that done too..

Just can't wrap my head around it

• bonnets
    bonnets Member Posts: 737
    edited August 2012
    Options

I was also diagnosed yesterday. I had been seeing a breast surgeon every 6 months due to my daughter  having been diagnosed at 27 and passing at 33. Had my last dr visit in JUne, nothing, hand mammo last week, call back, mammo with ultra sound. Questionable area on mammo, nothing on ultra sound. Biopsy Tues, IDC. Also waiting for  genetic testing and MRI, as pos. MRI wud mean double mastectomy, not lumpectomy! Waiting for the path tumor marker report.

Definitely know how you feel, even though I'm 69, no easier. Especially after loosing my daughter to the beast!

• jkwsmama
    edited August 2012
    Options

Still waiting for insurance to approve MRI and genetic testing I know it's only been a few days but the longer I wait I feel the worse just want this out of me! head is reeling can't sleep well and don't know why they are dragging their feet on the MRI it's not like I have a broken arm! I just want to get this as early as possible ...

I lost my mom just a year ago to pancreatic and this is just like a nightmare!

So sorry for your loss too bonnets...

I wish you the best bonnets and keep me posted ...

• bonnets
    edited August 2012
    Options

KNow what you mean, schedualed the MRI for Tues afternoon, need to call the ins. co. on the genetics, but was told since I had a young daughter they shud cover  at least some of it, and it is expensive! Then the wait for results is 10-14 days, as only one place in the US does the testing. I did get tumor marker report today, ER/PR+, Her2 neg.

• jkwsmama
    edited September 2012
    Options

Just got my tumor markers too I am too ER/ PR + HER neg ... But only 41 so we are moving fast and want to have both breasts removed have a small son and wonderful marriage of 18 years and would rather be here with them then keep the boobs!!! Still waiting on MRI to get cleared from insurance and genetic testing as well..

Good luck and let's keep in touch stay strong !!!!

• bonnets
    edited September 2012
    Options

Hopefully our MRI's will give us both some positive news.Id like to  get it out sooner too, but wud go with the lumpectomy if everything else is negative, BRACA and Sentinal node. I  dont think I wud mind loosing the boobs either, also don't think I'd do reconstruction, though I  know of women my age who have. Hate this waiting.

Where are you located, Im in NY state? WHen Amy had BC I was very active on Webmd's  Breast cancer communituy, we had several gatherings and I still keep in touch with some of the women I met there. Also if your Mom were interested there is a great Mothers support group, MOthers Supporting Daughters with Breast cancer , I cud help her be in touch with . I know both the director Charmyne Dierker and her daughter Lilly Shockney , who is  a nurse at the breast center at John's Hopkins. 

• jkwsmama
    edited September 2012
    Options

My mom passed away only a year ago may29... This would have been super hard on her but she got pancreatic and only lived a year it was stage 4...

The waiting is driving me crazy...I just don't want it to grow anymore while I waiting or spread either.

Have appt with oncologist wed hopefully they will have blood work and my MRI done by then doubt the genetic work will be done since I have to go to UCSF I live in California ..

Sending good vibes your way ;)

• bluepearl
    bluepearl Member Posts: 133
    edited September 2012
    Options

I had an architectural distortion in 2005, diagnostic mammogram right after,,,,nothing. Clean mammo in 2008 and in 2011 (only a couple of months shy of my two-year mammograms) I had a 1 cm IDC with DCIS. It took five years to get to 1 cm.

• bonnets
    edited September 2012
    Options

USCF is where they do the BRACA study? I didn't ask and was wondering.

Pancreatic is usually so aggressive! Sorry about Mom.

I've also been having menstrual like cramps for several months. Had my yearly , she found nothing, but that's worrying me too. I had some years ago, was my kidney stones, after doing a pelvic sono. Dont know if that's the case now, got to get after them to see what  is causing that. One mor thing to worry about. Having my MRI tomorrow. Hope there's nothing we don't know about on that. 

• jkwsmama
    edited September 2012
    Options

I hate to ask but how old are you blue pearl ? I am 41 and am worried that because of my age I worry it will be moving faster.. Appreciate any info I can get from these blogs!!!

Hugs live and good vibes too all of us!!

• SissyBeans
    SissyBeans Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi! I went through breast cancer 14 years ago with chemo/radiation. Finally thought other shoe wouldn't fall. Had a slight injury to ribs on other side and doctor (oncologist) was sure it was hematoma but ordered a mammo plus ultrasound! Than goodness! It showed invasive lobular carcinoma (different kind this time... Whee) beneath where the other lump had been! So I personally think EVERY WOMAN should have mammo AND ultrasound!

• jaboo
    jaboo Member Posts: 368
    edited July 2018
    Options

I had a clear ultrasound last july (July 2017). May 14th 2018 I found my lump, fairly big and I panicked. Ultrasound May 16th showed tumor 15mm. Lumpectomy June 14th - the tumor was 21mm. It definitely grew in the exact month from the day I found it till the day it was taken out.