Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Hormonal Treatment for Stage IV

Options

Comments

• car2tenn
    car2tenn Member Posts: 132
    edited August 2014
    Options

Yeah Caryn,  I am so happy for you...I am hoping to follow in your path...Enjoy Labor Day...well really enjoy every day. Carolyn from Music City

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited August 2014
    Options

You are so right Carolyn.

• KiwiCatMom
    KiwiCatMom Member Posts: 2,337
    edited August 2014
    Options

Glad for the happy news,  Caryn and Rseman!

Bone scan for me on Monday.  For whatever reason, the joint pain has been awful for the past few weeks. Hoping to get it more under control soon.

Hugs to all,

Terre

• dunesleeper
    edited August 2014
    Options

Best of luck Terre!

• Woodylb
    Woodylb Member Posts: 935
    edited August 2014
    Options

good luck to you Terre, i took femara for three years joints pain was a big part of it. Best of luck. 

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2014
    Options

Thanks for the good wishes!  

• azpreferred
    azpreferred Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    Options

You are an inspiration to me. I was diagnosed with stage 4 bone mets over a year ago. I am one of those people that have the numb chin syndrome . After several months , many scans, a root canal and finally an aspiration biopsy of my left mandible I received a DX of bone mets. Currently on Afinitor and Examestane for a year. Some weight loss with this treatment. Just started on a monthly injection to improve bone density. Repeat scans in two weeks. I also work full time and live a full life. Was told the bone mets could be managed for many years. 

• tryn2staycalm
    tryn2staycalm Member Posts: 470
    edited September 2014
    Options

Good luck with your scan tomorrow Terre!  Sure hope you do get the joint pain under control too.

Cathy

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thanks, Cathy!  It went fine.  Should have results in a couple of days.  So I'm stress eating. But at least I'm making wiser choices and eating grapes. :)

AZ - good luck with your upcoming scans.  I have also been told by my MO this is is manageable for several years.  Working full time is made easier for me by the great company I work for which gives me tons of flexibility.  

Hugs to all,

Terre

• car2tenn
    edited September 2014
    Options

You need to publish the name of any company that is understanding of women's breast cancer...My congratulations to them and I wish there was a long long list of such companies....Carolyn from Music City

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2014
    Options

Here's our announcement done by the organisation sponsoring the awards.  Unfortunately, there is a typo - I have Stage IV BC, not Stage VI.  We all had a giggle about it - I said to them that Stage VI is when they scatter my ashes. :)

http://www.eeotrust.org.nz/awards/winners.cfm?cont...

Oscar the office dog helps with our work life balance as well!  There will be a link to the video soon (which I feature in, along with Oscar), and I'll put it up.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited September 2014
    Options

Oh my, Oscar the office dog has stolen my heart!  He's wonderful!!!

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2014
    Options

My husband is aware that Oscar is my Auckland office boyfriend.  :)  He is wonderful - and he does sit at desks like this. He's really funny.  My kitten, Frida, is also featured on the company Facebook page, as is Oscar (of course).  https://www.facebook.com/andrewstewartltd

• Momonana6
    Momonana6 Member Posts: 154
    edited September 2014
    Options

That Oscar guy looks as if he really has the situation under control.  I have a Sheltie that gives the same look....must be the shepherd in them.  :)

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited September 2014
    Options

Wonderful video, you look fabulous Terre and I love that there are dogs allowed at your work.  Oscar, seems like a great dog, I love the photos of him. 

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thanks, Teacher.  Oscar is quite special.  He's almost more human than dog.

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2014
    Options

So, I'm posting up a storm here.  Just got my bone scan results  - no evidence of active metastasis.  Yea!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,828
    edited September 2014
    Options

Kiwicatmom,

Congrats! So happy happy for you. No evidence of active metastasis = NEAM! I thought we needed a new acronym :)

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thanks!  The scan report said "no evidence of active metastasis..." I'm guessing that's the NZ PC way of saying NED.  Will find out more next week when I see the MO.  

• dunesleeper
    edited September 2014
    Options

Awesome Kiwi!!!!! That's a huge worry off your mind. Way to go!!! So what have you been doing right???

• car2tenn
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hooray God bless Kiwi Cat Mom..Go have a blast relaxing and rejoicing that the pressure is off for awhile...And keep up whatever you are doing  . Carolyn from Music City

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited September 2014
    Options

Yaaaay NEAM!!!

• highhopes
    highhopes Member Posts: 51
    edited September 2014
    Options

Kiwi, keep up the good work.  So glad that your scans were good. 

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thank you dear BC sisters!  I don't know what I'm doing right other than just putting one foot in front of the other day by day, telling cancer to f-off as it doesn't belong in my life, and taking my daily pill(s).  I realise I am very fortunate in that the hormone positive variety of BC I have is relatively easy to treat (according to my MO) and there are numerous options for treatment.  

Hugs to all,

Terre

• susaninsf
    susaninsf Member Posts: 1,099
    edited September 2014
    Options

So happy for you KiwiCatMom!  Thanks for sharing the good news!

• Woodylb
    Woodylb Member Posts: 935
    edited September 2014
    Options

Kiwicatmom, 

Yayyyyy very happy for you , I hope you stay NED for a very long time ...indefinitely. Bless you.  

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thanks, Susan and Woody!  The good thoughts are much appreciated.  

Here's hoping for good outcomes for all of us!

Hugs to all,
    Terre

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited September 2014
    Options

Happy dancing for you Terre!!!   Isn't it a great feeling to hear those words?!!!  Here's hoping that NED or NEAM hangs around for a very long time.

Love n hugs all.   Chrissy

• tryn2staycalm
    tryn2staycalm Member Posts: 470
    edited September 2014
    Options

Terre - WTG!  Looks like you may have found your STABLE boy!! Congrats.

Cathy

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,856
    edited September 2014
    Options

Kiwi, AMEN!