Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Calling all TNs

Options

Comments

• norcals
    norcals Member Posts: 206
    edited September 2021
    Options

Kayce234,

Stress really can impact your health. I don’t know if there is a direct correlation between stress and cancer, but I do think stress can result in lack of sleep, poor eating habits, etc. which may diminish your health. It may sound horrible to some, but I think right now you have to think about yourself first. Are there others in your family that can deal with your mother while you take care of yourself?

• Kayce234
    Kayce234 Member Posts: 87
    edited September 2021
    Options

Thanks Mia and NorCal.

Unfortunately we would have to sell the house because we sold ours and hers to buy this and can't afford assisted living and this house. Sadly none of my siblings have anything to do with her so they won't help. I just need to focus on my health and have to find a solution...

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857
    edited September 2021
    Options

If there are any elder services in your community, they may be able to help guide you about the options that will be good for her and for yourself at the same time.

• oddboood
    oddboood Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hey everyone, I just posted this on the nascent "Weekly Carbo-Taxol plus Keytruda" thread, but thought folks here might be interested as well. I had my fourth infusion yesterday, and saw my PA as well. After just three weekly infusions of Carbo-Taxol (and one of Keytruda), my formerly 2cm hard-as-a-rock, easily palpable tumor can no longer be felt - by me or the PA. Yay!

The other god news is that side effects have been minimal - nausea controlled easily by Compazine and a few minor mouth sores that don't really hurt and seem to be controlled with a non-alcoholic mouth wash. I had some fatigue in the first two weeks, but the last two weeks my energy has been great. I do try to exercise daily, and that may be helping as well, but still - I was expecting to have a much tougher time of it. I'm going off the steroids and the Benadryl since I've had no signs of allergic reaction to the Taxol. We'll see if that induces a dip in energy, but since I only take three dexamethezone once per week on chemo days, I don't anticipate a huge change. Per my chemo nurse, the weekly regimen can be much easier to tolerate - even though you don't get the rest time between infusions, the lower dosage seems to have a mild impact in comparison to the traditional 3 week regimen. Also, no hair loss yet, and blood work looks very good all around.

Here's hoping others on this new regimen have a similar experience - at least in the first weeks. I know there's still five months and 20 infusions to go, and I'm prepared for a rough time as treatment progresses - especially after the switch to AC at the 3-month mark. Still, thought this might be a welcome update for others who may be beginning this regimen.

Love to all,

Aleta

• mountainmia
    edited September 2021
    Options

Wow, Aleta, sounds like you're doing great. Thanks so much for describing how it's going. That takes a lot of mystery out of it. I hope you continue to have a very manageable time of it.

Thanks for the update, and wishing you many blessings!

• norcals
    edited September 2021
    Options

Oddboood,

Thanks so much for the update. It’s good to hear that the treatment is working and that the side effects are manageable. I’m also glad that you are staying active. Hugs

• Kayce234
    edited October 2021
    Options

mountainMia did I miss any updates?? Have you heard anything ♥ ❤

• mountainmia
    edited October 2021
    Options

Thanks for asking. No, no news yet. I even called this morning, though the instructions say not to call until Monday if I haven't heard. UGH.

Coincidentally, a friend of mine just posted this in facebook:

'I was just reminded that the Spanish verb that means "to wait" (esperar) is also the Spanish verb that means "to hope." That's just a bit too on-the-nose, Spain.'

Yep, that.

• HopeHeal
    HopeHeal Member Posts: 137
    edited October 2021
    Options

MountainMia you are in my thoughts and I am truly praying for you that it's nothing.

• mountainmia
    edited October 2021
    Options

I JUST got it back. Benign! Weird, but benign. It says

"Benign breast tissue with fibrosis and foreign body giant cell reaction."

Fibrosis is scar tissue, which makes sense because it was in my lumpectomy scar. Foreign body giant cell reaction might have to do with the surgical clip, which got sucked out with the biopsy. I dunno. Will wait for a phone call from the radiologist to explain this.

Anyway, benign. Very good news and happy way to end the week. Thanks to all for sticking with me this week.

• Kayce234
    edited October 2021
    Options

MountainMia - Amazing, awesome, fantastic!!! So happy for you!!

• Poppy_90
    Poppy_90 Member Posts: 84
    edited October 2021
    Options

So happy to see this, Mia! Hoping you can relax and enjoy the weekend.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited October 2021
    Options

Brilliant news for the weekend Mia, so happy for you. Many of us, and perhaps most of us, have such worries and it’s so great when it turns out to be nothing to worry for. Phew! I’m over 5 years from finishing treatment and have NED but still worry about every tiny thing. Anxiety defintely seems to reduce a little with every year that passes thoug.

I can’t shake the feeling that cancer will get me in the end - just hope that it’s many years away yet.

• norcals
    edited October 2021
    Options

Mountainmia,

Thank goodness it is benign. Enjoy your weekend.

Scotbird,

Great to see you checking in. I love to see the 5+ year club come back and let us know that you guys are doing well

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    edited October 2021
    Options

Yay, MountainMia! Here's to weird findings that aren't cancer.

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    edited October 2021
    Options

Yay for news on Friday-- and Hip Hip Hooray for GOOD news!

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    edited October 2021
    Options

Mia - that's awesome!!

• martaj
    martaj Member Posts: 307
    edited October 2021
    Options

So happy for you!

• HopeHeal
    edited October 2021
    Options

Yay Mia!

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited October 2021
    Options

YAYYYYY Mia!!

• Katiha
    Katiha Member Posts: 25
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hello all!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Have not been here for a while, as mom was doing pretty good. Now she had her ultrasound and they found some new growth on her scar. BI-RADS 2, two granulemas along the scar.

BI-RADS 2 is 100% not cancer, am I correct?

Her doctor said to not worry. But I am still worried a bit, as I read sometimes they can confuse it.

Anyone familiar with those?

I prob should post it as a separate topic.

kate

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    edited October 2021
    Options

Birads 2 is *not* suspected to be cancer

• HopeHeal
    edited October 2021
    Options

Birads 4 is cause for concern, Birads 2 is not.

• Kayce234
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi All

Quick question. Haven't had my surgery yet - scheduled for 10/21 - but I have been exhausted for months. I fall asleep around 10:30 and sleep pretty much straight thru to my alarm at 7:30 yet I'm always exhausted and have no energy. I noticed this with my last cancer diagnosis but not as bad. It started a few month before diagnosis but has gotten progressivly worse. Anyone else feel like this? Is it the cancer making me so tired?

• norcals
    edited October 2021
    Options

Kayce234,

Could it be the stress from having to deal with BC again and also dealing with your mom? When I’m stressed, mo matter how much sleep I get, I’m still tired.

• Katiha
    Katiha Member Posts: 25
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi Kayce234,

My mom felt like that before they found cancer. She felt better right away after they took it out.

• Everythingispossible
    Everythingispossible Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2021
    Options

Great News

• Kayce234
    edited October 2021
    Options

Katiha

Thanks! I felt this way last time but it's so much worse this time.

• HopeHeal
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi Kayce, I would say yes it is most probably the cancer making you tired. I was always tired before I was diagnosed and felt so much more energetic after it was treated, even after the chemo (imagine that!) and especially after the surgical removal. Our poor bodies trying to fight it.

• tumornamedclyde
    tumornamedclyde Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2021
    Options

In June 2018 my CA 27-29 went to 38 and I underwent CT scans and bone scans, then sold our farm, took the entire family on a vacation...(doomsday mode); fast forward to September 2018, repeated the scans, nothing. Rechecked markers, up to 40. Never agreed to any further markers until one month ago and it came back at 48. I feel great, general aches and pain, nothing severe. All other labs were within normal limits. Went today for repeat markers. Scared is too gentle a word to use. 8 years post diagnosis...