Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Calling all TNs

1118111821183118411851187»

Comments

• sylviaexmouthuk
    sylviaexmouthuk Member Posts: 7,940

Hello Teka,

I just decided to have a quick look at the bc.org forum to see if anything had changed and I was pleasantly surprised to see your name and your message.

I was glad to know that you are doing well.

I continue to survive and have now reached 19 years since diagnosis.

The forum is nothing like it used to be and I have given up on the thread I started and which was so active for so long. Everything went wrong when all the new format was brought in. I did look at the UK thread but there is very little going on.

Everything on the forum looks so formal and sterile. I do remember what interesting people came on the thread from different parts of thw world. We sent in photographs of ourselves, our family, gardens, art and so on. It was all so colourful and we found happiness and companionship while going through our long and serious cancer treatment.

Continue to do well.

Love and best wishes.

Sylvia xxxxx

• pinkone501
    pinkone501 Member Posts: 40

Morning Ladies, it was such a pretty weather weekend, this is my scan week, this Friday and then chemo starts Monday ughhh

@rlschaller Hey girl, yep the MO said the carbo is hard on the hearing and you can actually have major hearing loss with it or ringing in the ears

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 490

Good morning ladies. I'm waiting my 1 hour before pet scan. Not expecting any interruptions. Yay.

Before the mri yesterday I told my dd the news. I'll be telling her in bits but she is pretty smart telling me it could mutate or be a new primary. she took it well. DH is the one that can't handle it. Mri showed a 2.6 cm tumor. Concerned that size might have spread by now and no lymph nodes to catch it. Glad for the pet.

I thought I'd write a letter to Dr on my chart and state "for the record" never said I wouldn't take chemo or never refused it. I don't want hard feelings with the guy but it really irks me. Any suggestions.

Already he is not happy with me cause I stopped xgeva. This new cancer has me more concerned. I thought I might start it again. It would be nice if there were some convincing statistics.

• rlschaller
    rlschaller Member Posts: 125

@sylviaexmouthuk that is awesome news, 19 years cancer free. Thank you for popping back in and sharing. Wishing you continued joy and good health.

@pinkone501 so interesting about the hearing.. it’s always something isn’t it? Lol..one day one treatment at a time! Hope the scan went ok, and in your pocket for Mondays chemo. 🤗

@gailmary I would talk to him calmly and clearly, share your concerns about notes on your chart. Tell him that you want to clear up what is looking like a misunderstanding, and that this is important for you and for him to be on the same page. Be honest with him about how you feel, so you are not walking around with this irksome conversation playing over and over in your mind. At least you can try. Hope that helps.. hope the PET went well. 🤞