Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited February 2011

PS- What's the "secret" book?

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671
    edited September 2010

The Secret is the book is STINKO!!  Not worth the read and no enlightenment there!  If you want some profoundness in your life this is not the book to look for it in.  Hated it and I have tons of self help enlightenment books.

hhfheidi:  Thank you so much for brightening my day!!!!

Jaunita:  So sorry you are going through this!  I think we, with chemo, have all been there is some way or form, in the toilet, so to speak.  Stool softeners never worked for me so I used MagO7 which is a gentle oxegenated magnesium supplement you take at night just before and to get you through the first week of chemo.  Only had the hemroids the first round, never again.

LauraJane:  OMG!!!  Adult children.  I never would have guessed.  I am so sorry about the loss of your husband, that couldn't have been easy for you.  I thought you were, maybe, 30 years old at the most.  Your a young spirit I guess, which is a very good thing!  Staying positive is key to helping you fight and prevent recurrence of this disease.  Hugs!

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited September 2010

Heidi..where did you get that picture of me?? I feel like my hair does look like that sometime!  Ugh!!!

LauraJane..I agree with mbj..you look very, very young!

Congrats kadz on finishing chemo!  What a great feeling..you will start feeling better each day...it just takes a little while.  I remember just giggling to myself when I was done with chemo and it was two weeks later and I was a work instead of going to chemo with my books, crossword puzzles, water and food and what have you...it was just sooo nice to sit here at work.

• sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    edited September 2010

Hi ladies - I'm not having a very good day.  I had my first follow up mammogram yesterday and got a recall today on the good boob for magnifications.  I just came from having the diagostic one done. I'm reliving last year all over again and am very freaked out to put it lightly.  I hope all is benign but my mind is going in all sorts of directions. The good news is bad boob looked good with no evidence of disease. 

• mitymuffin
    mitymuffin Member Posts: 242
    edited September 2010
    Sugar77, hang in there, breathe deeply, and post your results when you get them so we will all know how you are doing.
  • Titan
    edited September 2010

Sugar..what did they tell you?  Do you have calicifiations or what?

That happened to me too..I had 4 calcifications and had a biopsy on them...everything was fine...remember they are very, very, cautious with us.

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

Sugar- "don't get ahead of yourself until you have the results" was what an RN friend of mine told me when I had what appeared to be swollen lymph nodes. It was good advice.

Keep breathing...

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

delete

• Jwatrlily
    Jwatrlily Member Posts: 65
    edited October 2010

(((Sugar))).  Praying it is all just what it seems to you now, a big scare and nothing more.

My Onc is prescribing something called Proctofoam for the hemorrhoid problem.  The Hubs will pick it up on the way home from work.  We just got a stupid Storm Watch until 9 p.m.   I live in Illinois and today it is 93 degrees!

MBJ, my Onc won't let me use anything like what you mentioned.  He is against Herbals and everything.  I have to follow the rules and even had to give up my herbals that did help my hemorrhoid problem!  :(  My problem is I have had chronic hemorrhoids most of my adult life.  They stayed well behaved until earlier this year and it seems it has been constant off and on since then.

I ordered a couple more hats today and a pretty scarf.  I think I am going to be a scarf and hat person because I absolutely hated that wig!  I was going to order another one as I am a former hairdresser and could fix it myself but I even talked myself out of that.  I hate that wig!!  I hate the feel of it on my head.

Juanita

• MicheleS
    MicheleS Member Posts: 196
    edited September 2010

I can't keep up! LOL!! 

Sugar~ I had a MX but I got a call back on the "good" boob.  That was the nail in the coffin for that boob... HISTORY.  Anywhoo, the calcifications were nothing but it sucked to have to go through an ultrasound and the WAITING.  Life is so much easier w/out *real* boobs. {{{hugs}}}

Juanita~ This is TMI but I had fissures during chemo.  OMG, it was sooooooo painful. Do anything you can to prevent fissures.  Really. Not kidding.

LauraJane~ There's NO WAY you have adult kids.  None. No way. AND if you do,  I need to know how you look so darned young.  I'm 38 and someone estimated that I was 50 last week.  50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Up till chemo I was still getting carded... People thought I was early 20's.  Now, I look "rode hard and put up wet".

MBJ~ Do you still have to sleep in your bra?

xxoo 

• Summer38
    Summer38 Member Posts: 96
    edited September 2010

Sugar - fingers crossed that all comes back clear for you. Keep us posted.

I have to admit that I'm actually jealous of all of you who have lost weight on chemo - I gained almost 20 lbs.... I hate it!!!

LOL Michele - I look rode hard a put up wet too!

• Luah
    Luah Member Posts: 626
    edited September 2010

Sugar:  I can imagine how all the fears come flooding back. It's good they're being super cautious and hopefully it will turn out to be nothing. In the meantime, hang in there! Sucks that you're waiting...

• sugar77
    edited August 2013

Thanks for all your words of support.  I appreciate it.  Just anxiously awaiting the next report on the diagnostic mammo.  Hopefully my GP will get it tomorrow.  Even though the Onc ordered the original mammo, my GP gets copied and she's so accessible and responsive so I will try to find out more through her. 

Titan, to anwer your question about microcalcifications, I'm not sure.  When my GPs office read yesterday's report over the phone, they never mentioned microcalcifacations but instead referred to lumps that are new from last year in deep tissue laterally. When I went for the diagnostic mammo, I saw the area circled on the image that was up on the screen of their digital mammo machine.  I got the impression from the technician it was some caclfications so I'm getting conflicting information. Wouldn't chemo have killed anything that "could" have been growing in the good boob?  It was all clear last year.

• tnbcRuth
    tnbcRuth Member Posts: 338
    edited September 2010

I've gained about 15 lbs too.  Rats!!!  I've got my wig on in the pic (57th birthday party), but do you see the little round face?  My neighbors cook for me every night and calories are of no consequence to them!  oh well.

• Claire82
    Claire82 Member Posts: 490
    edited September 2010

MBJ - what chemo did you have? I had CT no A - I thought all TNS were treated similarly.

• laurajane
    laurajane Member Posts: 305
    edited September 2010

Sugar- I'm so sorry you are going through this. I am sending beyond positive thoughts your way. I agree with hhfheidi- popping a zanax can be very helpful during times like these.

Jwatrlily- My onc is old school also. My onc. pharmacist  where I get chemo is much more on top of some of these new ideas. She actually investigates my questions to an extent. My personal doc. who has helped organize all of my docs in general truly believes in a lot of this new fangled stuff also. Well I guess it isn't new fangled. I hope that whatever you choose to do brings relief.

To all of you ladies out there with the wonderful compliments you made my day. Which is what you all do it seems like on a regular basis. I'm actually 47. I think that must have been a good photo or something. I know it was taken a couple of months before I found out I had BC. and before I lost my hair. I thought BC had aged me but I did have a young good looking guy probably in his early thirties  try and pick me up at the music festival last week-end. So I took him home and slept with him. LOL! Just kidding! I did kind of think about it but I couldn't figure out how I could have kept my wig on and not have my eyebrows smudged. Kind of ruined the fantasy. Sure made me smile.

• sugar77
    edited September 2010

Thanks....I'll have to pop Ativan because I don't have Zanax but I think they are similar!

• Lynn18
    Lynn18 Member Posts: 284
    edited September 2010

Sugar77:  I hope you get good news quickly so you won't have to worry.  The waiting is no fun.

Hhfheidi:  The Secret is a book that basically says you are responsible for everything that happens to you.  My sister gave it to me, but I didn't really get it.  I guess it has quite a following, though.  I am glad you have decided to be our humor coordinator, because  you are funny without even trying.  For instance, those numbers after your postings.  My favorite is your Alien cat.

Speaking of cats, Laurajane:  You are quite the cougar, aren't you?  LOL

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

So, in other words, if I fall and break my *ss in the snow it's my fault that it's winter?

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited September 2010

Heidi:  You bet!  Only kidding - I personally felt the book was a total crock of sh&t.

Sugar:  Hang in there!  We are all here to hold you up - you are not going through this alone.  And it's for times such as this that the Ativan is sure needed.  Make sure you take it.

Linda

• Titan
    edited September 2010

Oh man..LauraJane is a cougar!  Funny stuff!  You and Demi Moore huh?? Well..all I can say.is if you can do it..DO IT!  Hell we have cancer..why not...?  Those wigs can kinda get in the way of "things" can't they...and you may be vying for Heidi's job as humor coordinator..you crack me up..in fact..and here I go..when you said 50 like it was a bad thing..hey..50 year olds are the real cougars..right Heidi???

Sugar...hopefully you get that report soon..if it is calcs you will probably have a sterotatic biopsy..those are very strange..you lay on this table with your boob hanging through a hole..then they put this clamp on it..I felt like I was being milked...it didn't hurt at all..just a little weird..I thought the same thing about the chemo killing anything in the "good" boob..and they were b9..I'm sure yours will be too...

Guess I won't be reading "The Secret"..what idiot wrote it and why would anyone buy it anyway? I like books written by Stephen King and John Saul..a little Jodi Picoult..and trashy novels...I like to read for entertainment..those self help type of books just put me to sleep...

• sugar77
    edited September 2010

Titan - I had a stereotactic biopsy last year on the cancer boob! Hopefully it won't come to that this time.

• Titan
    edited August 2013

Sugar..don't be surprised if they don't do some type of biopsy..since we are so freaking special.

• Titan
    edited September 2010

Ruth..you look really nice in your pic..and you said you are 57?  Is that a typo..no way!

I'm too jealous of people that lost weight during chemo...I'm up around 20 lbs. and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere...

• MicheleS
    MicheleS Member Posts: 196
    edited September 2010

Titan~ I'd be thrilled to be 50 (if I *were* friggin' 50!!). LOL!  I'm in my 30's but apparently, I *look* 50. 

• HeidiToo
    edited August 2013

Titan- 50 is nifty, so d*mn right.

Oh yeah... self help books do the same to me. Are you sure we weren't separated at birth?

• HeidiToo
    edited August 2013

With all this talk about age and photos I thought it time I included mine. How do I look? (My apologies to the late Watson... I always loved her avatar).

• Lynn18
    Lynn18 Member Posts: 284
    edited September 2010

Well all this talk about the "Secret" made me pull it off my bookshelf to look at it.  There is a heartwarming story on pg. 128 about a lady who, after being dx with breast cancer, healed herself by watching funny movies.  After laughing for 3 months, she was healed.  Without any radiation or chemo.  Dang, I have been in chemo for 6 months and I could have just gotten Netflix.

• MBJ
    edited September 2010

((((Sugar)))))):  I had another friend on these boards from another thread and I hope that it is just nothing, like hers (cyst only).  It is one of my biggest fears, since I opted to keep my other breast and I wish for you only the best.  You have all become closer to me then my own family and I only want good things for all of you.

Laurajane:  I think if you're under 50 your still a panther, but I will let you join my ranks, since I married my cougar bait!!!!   8 years ago LOL!

Someone gave me The Secret as a gift and it is a Crock full of sh*t!!  Why would anyone believe in it is beyond me.  Oh, and if you think really, really hard and click your heels together three times you can have anything you want!  right!

• MBJ
    edited September 2010

hhfheidi!  Now you are making fun of my chemo pictures from months ago!! I thought I burned them!!!