Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

tubular carcinoma

Options

Comments

• CAM8
    CAM8 Member Posts: 37
    Options

I’m sure I will have some choice words during the injections. Lol. I’ve read they cannot numb up the area before that since the radioactive material would not absorb correctly. Bummer.

• grainne
    grainne Member Posts: 119
    Options

Hi, CAM8 . Hope all went well with the surgery.

Isee, hope everything was grand for you too.

Thinking about you both. X

• isee
    isee Member Posts: 77
    Options

Thanks, Grainne,

Had my mammo...all good with me thanks for thinking of me! Have a wonderful day!

:)

• CAM8
    Options

Thank you for checking in on me. Just got back from my follow up with my surgeon. All is well. Three lymph nodes are clear and just a little bit of residual tumor in the sample. I meet with an oncologist next week to talk about radiation and tamoxifen. Anyone out there ever refuse radiation? Or tamoxifen? My tumor was so small and with no genetic markers, not sure it is necessary. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks again!!

CA

• grainne
    Options

CAM8 that is really fantastic news. Your results really are as good as they get. I do think some women earlier on this thread did refuse rads and/or tamoxifen or aI s. I had both and I have no regrets. I feel I'm doing everything possible to prevent a recurrence . I don't know if you are aware that exercise plays a significant role in preventing recurrence whether or not you decide on further treatment. Good luck whatever you decide.

Isee: great news from you.

• isee
    Options

Excellent Cam8! That is great news. I decided to do the radiation as insurance. I did refuse Tamoxifen as it was only going to give me like a one percent reduction in future cancer.

• CAM8
    Options

Thank you ladies for your responses. I have heard some bad things about tamoxifen but of course if it will reduce the chance of reoccurrence I will take it. I Geel thebenefits might not outweigh the risks. I’m leaning toward radiation therapy as insurance as well.

• isee
    Options

Morning,

Ask the oncologist how much risk reduction there will be for you if you take Tamoxifen Cam8. There are risks associated with this drug. My sister ended up with blood clots and had a horrible time. I'm not sure if it was a result of the surgery...she had a double mastectomy due to a repeat of breast cancer...she had it at 37 years of age, and then got it again on both sides at 62 years...given our BRCA2+ status, and her current cancer, she opted to have both breasts removed...and took Tamoxifen until the blood clots happened a short time later, then she stopped taking it and had to inject herself for a long time to get rid of the blood clots. A very nasty business... :( She is doing better now :).

• CAM8
    Options

Wow. I’m glad your sister is doing well now. I will look at the stats regarding how much tamoxifen reduces my chances of reoccurrence. It will have to be be a substantial. Thanks again!!!

• grainne
    Options

I agree with isee re possible side effects and doing a personal analysis of benefit. I take a mini aspirin every day which might help avoid blood clots. Factor in also the reduction of risk of a new breast cancer in the same or other breast and also a reduction of risk of distant mets. Welcome to the new world where everything is a puzzle and a trade off and a best guess! You can never be sure of making the right decision: only the best decision with the information you have at any particular time.

• CAM8
    Options

Yes this all gets confusing! I’m thankful for this forum!

• isee
    Options

I should add...I do think that this drug has probably saved or prolonged many people's lives....It just wasn't right for me or my sis :)

Not sure if my oncologist would have had a different statistic about recommending it or not if he had known my BRCA2 status. I didn't find this out for about 6 months after my treatment ended. I'm pretty sure if they had know, they would have done Chemo and would have recommended Tamoxifen. I did have my ovaries removed as a preventative measure :( That has meant a big weight gain for me...about 30 lbs. Everything seems to have its pros and cons. Reduce cancer but increase the risk of diabetes and heart disease.....go figure eh?

"They found that the drug's benefits outweighed the risks for 74 percent of the women included in the analysis, but not for 20 percent of the participants.

The study found that women who had hysterectomies before starting the drug were 11 times more likely to have a favorable risk-to-benefit profile, and younger women were also more likely to benefit.

However, African-American women were 65 percent less likely than white women to see their benefits exceed risks associated with taking the drug."

https://www.curetoday.com/articles/Cyramza-Improve...

There is a thread discussing this Cam8...I'm sure you saw it....

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/78/topics/853410

• Brightsocks
    Brightsocks Member Posts: 126
    Options

I would say the word "puzzle" explains the correct answer for treatment. Since we are all different it is not easy to say which path to pick. I did rads and no drugs due to what works best for my body. I agree 100% with exercise to help physically and mentally. Another tip is wound management if possible adding a physio or an athletic therapist and massage to help.

• CAM8
    Options

Thanks for all of the advice. I have developed a seroma at the site where my lymphnodes were removed. I will call the doc in the morning. Anyone else ever have this after surgery?

• isee
    Options

I had cording...but no seroma. Let us know what the doc says. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Cam8! Sorry this has happened to you. :(

• isee
    Options

How are you doing Cam8. What did the doctor say?

• CAM8
    Options

Hi. Thanks for checking in. Not going to oncologist till Feb 28. My surgeon said most likely he will recommend radiation. I’m so relieved lymphnodes are clear and it was caught early!! The swelling by my lymphnodes is going away. They say a seroma can take up to a month to go away. Thanks again!!

• isee
    Options

Sounds like good news! Keep us posted :)

• grainne
    Options

glad to hear that. X

• Valentina7
    Valentina7 Member Posts: 53
    Options

Hi,

I am so happy I found you! Actually I was diagnosed in November but it was only this week I learned from my doctor that I have a mixed cancer. I didn't know this was possible...it is ductal but has tubular elements...this is what my doctor told me even though it was classified as NST the report specifies that tubular elements predominate. And today I was checking and my diagnosis is very similar to the one that you all have. So I am sooooo happy to find you! My tumor was really tiny 0.3 cm. @brightsocks how big was yours?

• Brightsocks
    Options

Hi Valentina7,

I have to find my records sheet to give you the exact mm. It was under 1cm and was a bit larger when they removed the BC.

• CAM8
    Options

Hi. My Tubular Carcinoma was 4 mm. Very smaill. My lumpectomy was 3 weeks ago and my armpit is still numb. Anyone else with this problem? This site is wonderful. I’m so happy I found it too!

• grainne
    Options

Val and CAM8, how are you both doing?

• Valentina7
    Options

Hi grainne, I am feeling better...i still have 8 rads.

• CAM8
    Options

Hi. I’m healed up and have an appt with the oncologist on Feb 28 to discuss rads. How is the rad therapy going Valentia7? Did your Doc highly recommend rads andtamoxifen? Was that your decision?

• Valentina7
    Options

hi CAM8,

I still have 5 rads and i am feeling really exhausted, i am taking tamoxifen already and i think this was a mistake...it is too much for the body.

keep in contact,

val7

• CAM8
    Options

Did your Doc give stats of chances of reoccurrence if you did not do tamoxifen or rads? Can’t find many studies done in Tubular Carcinoma.

CA

• Brightsocks
    Options

Here is a study you might want to review.

http://ar.iiarjournals.org/content/34/7/3647.full

• Brightsocks
    Options
  • Valentina7
    Options

hi CA,

I was informed so: It could be that there are cancer cells in my breast and rads is to prevent another cancer in the same breast ( if I had a mastectomy, there was no need of rads)

tamoxifen is important to prevent cancer in the other breast...

Val7