Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Aromasin and Hair Loss

Options
2»

Comments

• AngelsGal57
    AngelsGal57 Member Posts: 103
    Options

Hi everyone,

So glad to have found this board for Aromasin users. I hope to hear positive stories about using it, as I had a rough go

of it on Tamoxifen.

Angelsgal

• claireinaz
    claireinaz Member Posts: 679
    Options

Angels gal, I stopped Tamoxifen when chemo put me in permanent menopause and was switched to Arimidex. I took Arimidex for 1.5 years and it was awful for me, mainly with mood swings, bloating, and trigger finger joint problems. I was switched to Aromasin because of all the above, and so far it's been much better.

Most women do okay on these AIs, but anecdotally we all react differently to them. So if Aromasin causes problems you can't live with, then see your oncologist and ask to try another.

Good luck! :)

Claire in AZ

• AngelsGal57
    AngelsGal57 Member Posts: 103
    Options

Hi Claireinaz,

thanks for the positive news on Aromasin. I have now been on it every day for a month and so far done OK with it. I am having neropathy in my finger tips and toes which is annoying more than anything since I am a receptionist that does alot of work using my hands. When I have the mood issues it is a very dark, depression, and emotional about everything type of reaction. Do not like it in the least. Not had any hair loss yet. My hair is still curly which for me is awesome as I used to have straight no body hair and spent alot of money on perms when younger. I love this even if one side of my head is curlier than the other.

Heading into the Christmas holiday and looking forward to some much needed time off work.

Praying you continue to do well on this med too.

Angelsgal57

• KateHanni
    KateHanni Member Posts: 70
    Options

Has anyone recommended biotin for hair and nail growth? It's just a vitamin and for me it works! I'm not giving advice!

• KateHanni
    KateHanni Member Posts: 70
    Options

About 50% of all women stop taking the AI's due to side effects. This happened even in the clinical trials. They just don't tell their doctors that they've stopped because they don't want to argue. So that leaves us with a void of information about recurrence rates for those who could not tolerate the AI's and quit. No tracking beyond that last appt or that last refill of Aromasin.