Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Grape Seed Extract

2»

Comments

• pip57
    pip57 Member Posts: 7,080
    edited February 2022

Thanks for the link Wallycat. I’ve been taking grape seed extract since tx 15 years ago.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,647
    edited February 2022

Some things to think about re grapeseed extract. Looks like it might be one of those things that work both ways; for good and bad re breast cancer:

https://foodforbreastcancer.com/foods/grape-seed-oil

• emy1234
    emy1234 Member Posts: 1

hI guys

can I depend only on GSE as an aromitaze inhibitor instead of tamoxifen? I started 100 mg dose a day...when should I stop?...is it better to have Dim with it??

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,250
    edited May 20

emy,

This thread has been inactive for over two years so you may not get replies.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,558

Hi @emy1234,

The current research does not support grape seed extract on its own as sufficient to use in replacement of an aromatase inhibitor (AI). We would recommend speaking with your oncologist if the side effects of the Tamoxifen are impacting your quality of life too severely. You can try one of the other AIs to see if your experience is better and switch to that. You would determine the length of time that you would take the AI with your medical oncologist. Oftentimes they will recommend 5-10 years to effectively reduce the risk for recurrence.