Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Breast lump in 8 year old

Options
2»

Comments

• pencilskirt
    pencilskirt Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2018
    Options

I have an identical story. My 7 year old turns 8 next month, and has been battling a cold. Last night, after we left the doctor, she told me her left nipple has been hurting for 2 weeks. When I looked, I noticed a lump. Back to pediatrician

This thread is very reassuring that there are so many similar stories - I am comforted that this is likely normal development. She started a new school this month and it aged her...my little girl that still likes to play "aminals" suddenly said she had her sights set on a boy and matured a year in a week. I suppose this is the beginning.

• NotVeryBrave
    NotVeryBrave Member Posts: 169
    edited March 2018
    Options

I, too, had a young daughter (8) c/o a sore nipple that "looked" different. Her pediatrician said it was the beginning of breast development. Everything that I read said that periods could start about 2 years later and that seemed strange to me since both her older sister and I didn't start menstruating until close to 14.

This same child is now almost 12. The original lump and discomfort went away only to return now and then - sometimes one side, sometimes the other, and sometimes both. She now has more of what I equate with the beginnings of breasts. And no period yet.