Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Options
1133013311332133313341336»

Comments

• elainetherese
    elainetherese Member Posts: 1,627
    Options

Hi emily_mh!

Do you have implants? Women who receive implants are more likely to get implants to keep an eye on them. I just get mammos every year. I'm sure if my mammos showed anything suspicious, I'd get further scans.

• emily_mh
    emily_mh Member Posts: 53
    Options

Hi Elainetherese! Thanks for your message! I don't have implants, I had a lumpectomy - I think it might be time to stop the mri's. I kinda feel like I've been lost in the shuffle with my different doctors - hard to explain but anyway - thank you for your info!

I should add to my signature -

IDC July 2017, 5 cm., no nodes, Stage 2B, (originally diagnosed as 3A) Grade 3; ER+ PR+ HER2+ Neoadjuvant chemotherapy started July 2017 TCHP then Herceptin, one year

Lumpectomy, Radiation, tamoxifen for 18 months then anastrozole for 6 years - still on it for another year.

• kimmh012
    kimmh012 Member Posts: 85
    Options

Emily, I was nearly the same in 2019 , 3c.. I had 3 Lumpectomies done. At my last ONC, followed by Surgeon appts in Feb 2024, I have them same day because I drive 2 hours.. I ask the same questions, No true answers, so I said I will be going to 1 time a year, enough contrast and radiation for me. I am aslo having side effects with anastrolzole with bones / teeth deteriorating so I had the Zometa infusion, in the meantime I have doubled my Vitamin D and Vitamin K (Mk7+).

I have received more information from these boards than any doctors or nurses. I drink soursop tea and take 3 bitter apricot kernels daily with a lot of grounding. I detox with green walnut and wormwood 2x year.

You know your body best, do what you need to do for you.

• emily_mh
    emily_mh Member Posts: 53
    edited April 27
    Options

kimmh012. yes! exactly, I asked my oncologist about the MRI's because I vaguely remember someone saying I should stop after 3 years possibly? and now it's been 6 - And she said ask surgeon but every time I go to surgeon's office I see a nurse and they just keep scheduling me for MRI's … I finally just made an appt to see surgeon in a few months but I am pretty sure I am going to stop. The contrast worries me and I find no research online about contrast except I know it doesn't leave your body. Anyway, I'm just going to stick with Mammograms. It's amazing how I've learned to advocate for myself and I've learned doctors don't really want to tell you what to do - even though they have the education and we want to be directed…

thanks for your response!

• kimmh012
    kimmh012 Member Posts: 85
    Options

@emily_mh , there is some research out there... this was just on IG..

"Consider this about 3D mammographies
    Yes, they are more sensitive and they do pick up on more stuff. However, they also give you 2-3x the amount of radiation in your breast tissue. Because the test is more sensitive, they have you come in more often. More mammographies means more cancer exposure. I'm not saying don't do a mammography. The repeat, the follow-up, you don't need to get all that radiation quite so often. lt's just not necessary.
    I do recommend a 3D sonogram. Advocate for yourself, ask your doctor for a 3D sonogram. This is an Instagram post for informational purposes only. Always consult your own healthcare provider. I
    cannot give individual medical advice.
    Dr. Loretta Friedman is a Non-Force Directional Technique Chiropractor in New York City who also specializes in metabolic detox and the lymphatic system. She sees patients in her office on 5th Avenue and also via telemedicine. More information
    on metabolic detox can be found via her website, synergyhealthassociates.com and her book, Lymph-Link (available on amazon). All links are in bio at
    @synergyhealthassociates