TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• Kitchenella
    Kitchenella Member Posts: 88

Ditto not liking the new format. I have my screen at highest + and still have to squint to read the posts.  Grrrrr.

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

It takes forever for my "favorites" to come up......well about 1-2 minutes.  Anyone else?

• vballmom
    vballmom Member Posts: 153

Everything is moving along quickly for me now. I'm starting to like it.

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Like is too strong a word....... Getting used to the new format though.

• Hindsfeet
    Hindsfeet Member Posts: 675

The new format looks more like a table of contents. We might get used to it, but if I was a newby I'm not sure I would stay for long. There is an improvement from yesterday, but it still takes a few clicks before a thread opens.

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

I hate the new format. I think we should start a thread on it.

• fluffqueen01

Day 3 of trial. Got the vaccine/immune booster placebo. No real symptoms. Had to wait an hour while they monitored my vitals. Now I just go back on friday to be checked out and head home.

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Yeah Fluff.  So is that the end of it or do you go back again?

• fluffqueen01

I have to come back every three to four weeks for a total of six times. Then boosters every six months at six, twelve and eighteen, I believe.

Next time, I am just going to fly in and stay hat the hotel in downtown Winston-Salem that has a shuttle to the Med Center. It is a neat little downtown.

In July, my friend is coming along and we are going to have a Thelma and Louise weekend.

• chachamom
    chachamom Member Posts: 410

FLUFF: how exciting! Thanks for posting your experience with this trial!

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

Sounds like a fun weekend trip fluff.  Might as well enjoy the travel!  Thanks for keeping us updated. 

• jackboo09
    jackboo09 Member Posts: 780

Hi (to everyone on this thread)

Tomorrow I will have herceptin treatment 18 (my last). I started the TCH regime on 5th May 2011. It has been a long haul. I am posting today to thank you all for helping me get to the end. I couldn't have done it without the love, support and advice I have received from the fantastic women I have met on BCO.

P.S not disappearing, just wanted to say that!!!!!

Liz

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Yay Jackboo. You might find that in a few weeks your hair will grow faster and if you're a bit stiff some of that will go away.
  • dancetrancer

Huge congratulations Liz!!!! 

• vballmom
    vballmom Member Posts: 153

Liz - fantastic! 

I guess like is too strong a word for the new format.  It is moving quickly for me, and finding my favorite topics is easy.  Too much empty space and it's harder to scan for things of interest.

• chachamom

Congratulations, Liz!

• bucky317
    bucky317 Member Posts: 178

Hi Ladies,  Well....I am done!!, I had my last Herceptin last Thursday and get deported, nipple reconstruction,lipo and c-section scar revision next Monday!!! I am relieved but as Fluff had said "feel like my safety net is gone"Frown Had a lengthy discussion with my MO about recurrance, testing,diet, "anything" I can do to decrease the risk of FC coming back. He told me that the Anastrozole is a 'biggy" since I was 100% er+ and 95% pr+ and I might be on it for longer than 5 years. (anyone heard of that?) and that I have done everything medically necessary. He still says no to the Metformin, but yes to Zometa, aspirin, Vit D. and multivitamin and exercise (cardio and esp. weight bearing exercises) As for diet, he says everything in moderation, don't drive yourself crazy (he knows me to wellTongue out) about trying to eat like a rabbit everyday. As I was leaving he said" Go!!!, Enjoy your life and your children!!""try not to worry" ...to which I answer.."oh yeah btw... Can I have a refill on the Ativan!! ha ha ha!! 

I have to go to a "survivors" meeting. I hear they help. I don't know what I would of done if I hadn't stumbled on this website @ the beginning. You ladies have helped me so much with everything. I never felt like I was going through this alone, and have felt like you are all my friends, even though we have never met in person.  I am going to help others on this board as they start chemo also. "pushing it forward"Smile and of course continue keeping up with all of youSmile

Not sure I am liking this new format.

fluff-very exciting!!!... what your doing...wish I could enroll, but not doable for me. Thanks for keeping us posted. Btw, I love the Alchemie products!!! I am going to pm you later about my surgery.

• bucky317
    Congratulations Liz!!!  Feels good huh!!!
  • chachamom

Congratulations Bucky!

• bucky317

Oh, I forgot to add that my MO will be seeing my in 3 months for ck up and tumor markers again. and.... I need another echocardiogram to check to see if my heart is still functioning normally.

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Bucky and jacaboo, CONGRATULATIONS! I am happy for you.

• jackboo09
    jackboo09 Member Posts: 780

Hi again

Lago Thanks for your good wishes and yes I'm hoping for less achiness. Had to laugh at the hair growth as Ive just been for my second cut today.My hair is in a cute pixie cut and I really love it. Can't see me returning to long hair. I must upload a picture, keep meaning to do that.

Bucky Congrats on finishing and for adding details about your docs comments. Think my oncologist will be glad to see the back of me as Ive had major anxiety over my heart.We will have to compare notes about post Herceptin life. Im feeling pretty good. Walked 6 miles today without any problems. My family are having a little finishing ceremony for me tomorrow when I get back from the clinic.

Chachamom, dancetrancer and vballmom- Thanks for posting.The support is so wonderful. I couldnt wait to tell you guys about this important date.

Liz 

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    ~~~Big Congratulations~~~ to bucky and jackboo!!!
  • dragonfly1
    dragonfly1 Member Posts: 516
    Bucky and Jackboo Hooray for finishing Herceptin!!!
  • Kitchenella
    Kitchenella Member Posts: 88

So great to see gal's finishing up.  

• dancetrancer

Bucky - yayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So excited for you, too!!!   I think I recall reading about > 5 years may offer more protection, but that the full data is not in yet from the longer trials.  My brain is fuzzy on that, but I'm sure someone else will chime in.  BTW, I laughed out loud literally at your Ativan comment while I was in the dr's waiting room.  Thanks for that, LOL!   

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

Liz and Bucky!

So happy that you've both finally completed Herceptin. Each time I read these milestone posts it brings me to tears. Only those who've traveled this road can know the strength , courage and toll this takes. i'm so proud of you both.

My MO's NP told me the hardest parts of treatment are the first and the last. Right now I'm not seeing it but maybe someday I will.

Cheers!

• moni731
    moni731 Member Posts: 212

Congratulations Jackboo and Bucky!

Laolson18-  how is your mom doing?

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Hip, hip, hooray Bucky and Jackboo!  Congrats!!!

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Congrats Jack and Bucky!  WOOT WOOT!