Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Dragon!

Thanks for that info.  I've been having crazy eye problems....it's like a floater that makes things blurry/fuzzy.  I will give it another week and then I am going to make an appt.

Thanks!

Tonya

• sewingnut
    sewingnut Member Posts: 475

TonLee, Floaters are usually small and annoying. Anything that is large enough to make it blurry/ fuzzy may mean a detached retina.  Don't wait too long.  They are watching me for that and warned me about the blurries. I am being watched closely because along with the taxotears I also have glaucoma....

• TonLee

Ugh!  Double UGH!!

I'll call next week and try to get in...thanks SN.

• dragonfly1
    dragonfly1 Member Posts: 516
    Tonlee I asked what exactly would happen if the Tamoxifen adversely affected the retina and was told it would cause blurring specifically in the center of the visual field but my eye doctor said the risk is higher if the Tamoxifen is used for more than 5 years. I've always been at higher risk for retinal detachment and I remember an eye doctor telling me a long time ago that a good trick to check myself is to stare at the center of a large (poster/wall size) picture (or anything else with borders) and make sure that I can see all four corners in my peripheral vision while still looking directly at the center. He said if I could not to go immediately to the eye doctor because it could signify retinal detachment-but that's only one small test...a sudden increase in floaters can also be a warning sign. Best to get checked. Just what we need, right? Another doctor's appointment!  
  • omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Dragonfly - I wish I had written down ALL my appointments - just to impress myself, as a former 'never like to go to the doctor' person.
  • TonLee

Great info Dragon..thanks!  I did it and I can still see all 4 corners....I just have one floater that is fuzzy instead of speckish black if that makes sense...and when it's over the center of my eye it makes things blurry...

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

NMoss and Dragon:  Thanks for the suggestions.  Carnation Instant and rice it is.  Forgot about the rice.

I'm at Day 11 so it should be passing soon.

Arlene

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,246

ArleneA - Don't know if someone already said this but for kids they always say the BRAT diet for the Big D - bananas, rice, apples, toast.  Potassium, bland rice, pectin in the apples and bland toast.  I say we all join the "I Hate the Big D" club.

• JeanneR
    JeanneR Member Posts: 38

Christean - My chemo regiment is Taxotere/Cytoxan X 4, and then Herceptin for a year. It is surprising how many different regiment are used for Breast Cancer. Everybody seem to have something a bit different.  

• achpurple
    achpurple Member Posts: 245

JeanneR:  You are the only other triple positive with ILC like me that I've seen on here!  Glad to see you here.

• dragonfly1

All my triple positive friends, I did it!!! Today was my birthday and I went skydiving:) It was a beautiful day her on Long Island for jumping. Here's the link for my video on Youtube if you want to see me doing something crazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jUmLkbhHZE

I wonder if high altitude and high speed stimulates hair growth? :) 

• nmoss1000
    nmoss1000 Member Posts: 324

Happy birthday Dragonfly and the video was amazing! As I write this post I am crying because the happiness in your face when you were out there reminded me that happiness can exist in between these dark days. I am inspired to go get mine back! Have a wonderful birthday weekend & Thank You for sharing!

• omaz
    Dragonfly - That was awesome!!!!!!
  • slousha
    slousha Member Posts: 181

Congratulations, Dragonfly!

• pasmithx2
    pasmithx2 Member Posts: 224

Dragonfly1--That is so awesome. I hope this is your best birthday ever.

• karebear76
    karebear76 Member Posts: 150

Dragonfly HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I am so glad that you had a great time!!! That video is awesome!!!

• JeanneR

AchPurple...Yes, I think you are right, lets follow each other closely sister. Hug.

• JeanneR

Wow!!! Happy Birtrhday Dragonfly..You ARE SO BRAVE!!!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

Happy Birthday Dragonfly. Loved the video

Note: I am not doing that on my next birthday even if it is 80 degrees in February Wink

• saralmom
    saralmom Member Posts: 216

Way to go Dragonfly!!  Happy Birthday!

• carberry
    carberry Member Posts: 997

Dragonfly  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  way to go on the jumping,   What next?

• dragonfly1
    Carberry I have hanggliding and rock climbing/rappelling on my list but I'll have to be in much better shape before I attempt either one of those:) In the meantime, DH and I have planned a trip to Paris/England for Sept to celebrate the end of chemo/radiation-That's going to be my speed for a while I think!
  • Iamstronger
    Iamstronger Member Posts: 102
    Dragonfly-FANTASTIC!
  • omaz
    TonLee - How are rads going?  Is this starting your third week? thanks for the 'fitday' connection, I actually downloaded the V2 of the software for PC for $19.95 and what I really like about it is that it gives you the nutrition information!  Weight watchers didn't have that.  Now I can see if I am falling short on certain nutrients.
  • TonLee

Dragon!!  That was so awesome...you look like a very fun lady to know in real life!!

Omaz, I start my 6th week of rads tomorrow...ONLY FOUR MORE LEFT!!!  (I declined the boosts.)  I am a little pink/red but seem to "heal" a little over the weekend.  Here's something I don't understand....I'm told 1-2 weeks out is when the breast will look the worst...but how is that when I start healing with just two days off on the weekend?  Doesn't make sense to me.

I have a wedding to attend Sat. so really hoping my last 4 don't kick butt!!

I have become a serious calorie counter because it is so easy on fitday...I input a lot of "custom" foods because they don't have everything I eat listed...but I love it....and you're right...very easy to see where you are lacking vitamins/nutrients.

Also, what I love is the "overview" of the last 2 weeks, month, 4 months...I love to be able to look at a graph and know my average caloric intake....and that's just with the free one!

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,246

dragonfly - just watched your video.  What a beautiful, life affirming thing.  I was crying at your first word.  Happy Birthday, I love you my triplet!  Here's to many, many more.

• omaz
    TonLee - My pec muscles are still tight from rads which ended in Feb (they don't hurt, just tight), my skin is still very slightly pink and my nipple is darker on that side.  Also, the skin is pretty much numb, especially on the boost side.  So it takes a while to heal.  I can't believe it has been 5 weeks since you started rads - it seems like yesterday!
  • TonLee

Omaz,

I took Curcumin (500mg) three times a day through out.  I read about a clinical trial someone here at BCO pointed out, using it to evaluate whether it reduced burning.  Of course I have 4 days left, and lots of the SE from Rads (like the ones you mentioned) actually come later...but so far I haven't burned as bad as I expected, and even the RO said he's surprised...he had me sign a waiver acknowledging the fact he was "certain" Rads was going to be a cosmetic nightmare for me. 

The reason I refused boosts was because he wanted to boost the area where they removed my tumor.  Not my ALN, or anything else, just that area.  The problem is, and he admitted it...he doesn't know where that area is anymore....I had a skin sparing MX, so everything moved.  He wanted to boost the "general area." 

Um, no.

I am already getting full chest radiation to that area as well as bolus!  So I said no to the boosts...because frankly, he could be "boosting" the wrong area.

He wasn't too insistent...unless he plans to ambush me on Thurs. when I am supposed to be done.

Oh, and I have an exit burn on my back from the super clav rads...so pretty.

• omaz
    TonLee - Your decision on the boost makes complete sense to me.  My boost area was very obvious because the surgeon left clips after the lumpectomy and they showed up clearly on the planning CT.  If they don't know where the area is - sheesh!!  Glad the curcumin worked - I hadn't heard of that before. 
  • queenie9556
    queenie9556 Member Posts: 1

Hey Ladies,

I am excited to say that today is my 7 year cancerversary!!! I am triple positive stage 2 and did all I could the first time to prevent a second time. I am very blessed to have recieved Herceptin.. it was approved for early stage breast cancer just 2 months after I finished my chemo. I was also blessed that I was in need of a hysterectomy and my cancer was found in my yearly mammo. in the workup for my surgery. I really believe there are no coincidences... it's all by the grace of God.

My onc. discharged me at 6 years but, I plead my case to my PCP and he's allowing me to stay on Arimidex until the final studies are out.

Just in the last year I have begun to think beyond the present and actually feel like I may have a future.I look forward to retiring in about 10 years and even watching my grandkids walk across the stage for graduation someday.(they're 9-6-3 years old) Each day is a gift whether you've had cancer or not...some of us are just more gifted than others.

Bless each and every one of you brave ladies and live each day to the fullest,

Candy