Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

March 2011 chemo-lounge

Options
1122123124125126128»

Comments

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,033
    Options

Greetings to all you sisters-in-chemo from a whopping 10 years ago! Doesn't that seem like yesterday and yet so long ago? So much has happened in 10 years!

I remain grateful for the comraderie we shared while going thru chemo.

I got Covid in January, despite following all pandemic guidelines. No idea how I got it and was very sick, running a fever for two weeks and also had a severe cough. Could barely walk to the bathroom. Spent the entire time in bed. Honestly, I was never that sick or spent that much time in bed going thru chemo! Finally, the fever broke and things got back to normal.

I got my first vaccine shot earlier this month and get the second shot in early April.

It's sort of been like living in slow motion for the past year. There were still good times but also plenty of frustrations. It felt like we were all marching in place. I look forward to more things opening up and being able to move about more freely.

How have the rest of you been? Thinking of you all as we mark 10 years.

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,795
    Options

Divine...so glad to hear you made it through Covid! My story is kidney stones....I've had a couple over the years, but last year in July, I had one stuck in my ureter. Had to have a stent for ten days to see if it would drop and then they would go get it. So horrible! And then...I get out of bed a month ago at 6;30 and 6:35, all of a sudden pain...same exact thing within one year on the other side. Same process AGAIN! I am trying to drink as much water as I can but I swear, I hate it. Hated it during chemo too.

The only good I can see out of it is ct scans that say my liver looks good, and other things look ok lol. So I'll take it.

Hope everyone else is starting to get back to normal. I'm all vaxxed up and out and about and loving it! Hope everyone else is doing well.