Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

A place to talk death and dying issues

Options

Comments

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,613
    edited August 2021
    Options

I have heard from Jaycee49 husband.    She left us on Friday, July 30. 

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited August 2021
    Options

She is finally at peace.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,838
    edited August 2021
    Options

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear that but I know she is at peace. May her memory be a comfort to all who knew and loved her.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,600
    edited August 2021
    Options

Its always tough to read one of these posts, but she put her all into her advocacy work in the last 9 months or so and I am so happy she was able to see the fruition (and possibly avail of it?) of her efforts. I'll miss her no-nonsense attitude and insistence on doing cancer her way, and not the other way round.

Runor - your post read (to me at least) like she decided she had dealt with mBC enough and her energy and focus is now needed elsewhere. I like to think that is true.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited August 2021
    Options

Thank you runor :'(

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 541
    edited August 2021
    Options

Thank you for letting us know, runor. Lighting a candle for the wonderful Jaycee. ❤

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,838
    edited August 2021
    Options

There have been periods of time over the last 10 years when months seem to go by without any of us passing away. I am not given to wishful thinking when it comes to bc but during those periods a small corner of my brain thinks, maybe it’s getting better, maybe the treatments are working, maybe there’s progress when treating mbc…then reality hits. It isn’t getting much better for most mbc patients. Jaycee was such an advocate for all of us who will have to face end of life decisions. May she rest in power

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 520
    edited August 2021
    Options

our wonderful Jaycee (Janet) Rest In Peace 🕯

She made huge impact in MBC community. She was in my thoughts but I didn’t have heart to check this thread, I didn’t want to read this sad news about her...

• Maire67
    Maire67 Member Posts: 418
    edited August 2021
    Options
    An amazing woman who advocated so bravely for all of us. I will never forget the honor it was to know her through these boards. Wishing her every lasting peace. Maire
  • candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,098
    edited August 2021
    Options

Rest in Peace Jaycee

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited August 2021
    Options

Jaycee was a strong, thoughtful woman who contributed so much to these boards and to her community. She will be missed. May she Rest In Peace

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited August 2021
    Options

exbrnxgrl, I know what you mean. I sometimes think that great strides are being made when periods of time pass without losses. I notice that some people have been on a treatment for years, and I assume we have turned a corner. Then, bam, sad news is posted about yet another loss or people report progression or their decision to stop treatment because it just isn’t working. We still have a long way to go

• buttonsmachine
    buttonsmachine Member Posts: 339
    edited August 2021
    Options

Rest in peace, Jaycee. Your presence will be missed here on BCO.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,913
    edited August 2021
    Options

Jaycee ~ you will be missed. A force , a friend, a sister. Fly free cancer free. Rest In Peace.

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    edited August 2021
    Options

Rest in peace Janet. You had a profound impact on this world and will be dearly missed by all those you have touched.

• DorothyFromKansas
    DorothyFromKansas Member Posts: 29
    edited August 2021
    Options

You did it your way, dear Janet. Now you can soar free. We will miss you.

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 520
    edited August 2021
    Options

Runor, would you please add Janet to memoriam list. It would be great to add a brief on how she bravely worked hard to get the DWD bill passed in her state, NM. She will be m

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,168
    edited August 2021
    Options

Rest in peace Jaycee. I let the brain mets thread know as well.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,093
    edited August 2021
    Options

RIP Jaycee, and thank you for your advocacy.

• LoveFromPhilly
    LoveFromPhilly Member Posts: 1,019
    edited August 2021
    Options

I just recently have been popping back on here and I am so sad to see that Jaycee has passed. She made me laugh and wanna throw my laptop at the wall at times. What an incredible, strong, amazing human. I am so sorry to know she is no longer incarnate with us here on Earth but her strong and incredible and self-advocating spirit will always be part of what has helped me be this person for myself with my care. Rest in Strength Jaycee <3

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    edited August 2021
    Options

thank you runor. I will miss her- hope her last days were what she wanted

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,731
    edited August 2021
    Options

Philly, it’s so good to “see” you. We miss when members aren’t as active and worry as well. I hope you’re doing well.

I commented on another thread about Jaycee. She will be missed so much by so many.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,076
    edited August 2021
    Options

Jaycee’s passing makes me so sad! I knew she’d reached a turning point, but I did not think it would happen quite so fast. So it’s a bit of a shock. I will miss her! I got to know her on the Ibrance thread where she was immensely helpful to all the newbies, especially when it came to sharing tips on getting financial help to pay for the drug. She had a strong presence on the forum. It really breaks my heart to know she is gone.

RIP, Janet.

• helenlouise
    helenlouise Member Posts: 363
    edited August 2021
    Options

RIP Jaycee.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,176
    edited August 2021
    Options

Rest in Peace Jaycee. You were an amazing support to us all.

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 671
    edited August 2021
    Options

Divine, I echo your post about Jaycee. She was such a proponent of empowerment. And she was kind, snarky, funny, smart. I will really miss her

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited August 2021
    Options

I will miss you Jaycee. No more pain. No more Cancer. I don't ever think she will stop being an advocate for someone or something. Rest in Peace.

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited August 2021
    Options

my condolences to all who knew and loved Jaycee. What amazing work she did ❤️

• faroutstar
    faroutstar Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2021
    Options

Moth,

Thanks for that reply. I am just seeing it oddly enough pop up. I have been on here reading and such on and off since then.

I am very sorry for the loss of Jaycee which many expressed condolences for after my post.

With that said, in regards to my mom's markers. I am just seeing this reply! First of all thank you for replying. I will check this link out as I have read so much since all this began and learned way more than I could ever imagine.

For her markers - is this what you mean? What other markers would be used if not just this one? Her CA 27.29 was 4283.2 on June 14th. July 6th it had went up to 8988.0!! After her first "round" of Ibrance/Faslodex it dropped down to just 8498.0. Her labs were basically the same from baseline actually except her WBC went down quite a bit. He is very concerned with the CTC count of 39 at baseline and we will get another CTC count after her second round. Her doctor said he would rather use the CTC as his guideline over more imaging. So I have tried to read alll I can on CTC levels at baseline and just what CTC levels mean. I wish I could understand the marker stuff more. But from what I researched off each detail of her labs both baseline and after round 1 - the studies and such based on certain counts and what hers are - the prognosis would be poor.. But I know that she is hopeful and a fighter. :)

All I am aware of organ wise is her liver having "innumerable" lesions. Her lung and abdominal lymph nodes are also involved per her doctor.

After our visit this last week - my mom feels her doctor is not giving her all the info she needs to know. She thinks that he is not being upfront about a prognosis and such to worry her less. But the PA was very upfront about a prognosis before treatment even began - I mean my mom asked right away how long she had. But her doctor will not say anything of the sort. So she is frustrated. She realizes she is 75 and has other issues she has dealt with along with cancer again - but she also wants to know the facts from her doctor - not my new role as the family doctor! lol I am not sure what to think to be honest and I try to just be here for each feeling she has on it all and we try to be optimistic and realistic at the same time.

Thanks for the link - I will check this out. I have done a ton of research and have read some very informative articles like this one. Nerdy

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited August 2021
    Options

hi faroutstar, sorry I wasn't clear, I meant *hormone* markers, ie ER, PR and HER2. Those drive treatment and prognosis. That study I linked analyzes prognosis based on those markers and the location of mets.

I think tumor markers are still controversial - not all oncologists even use them.