Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any positive or "OK" experiences from Tamoxifen?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Msespo1765
    Msespo1765 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2021
    Options

Thank you Esther for responding! The travel tip is really helpful as I will be doing some this fall. My Oncologist recommended baby aspirin every day also (blood clots).I’m not concerned about about the side effects, my biggest fear is the endometrium cancer… I tend to focus on anything negative and obsess over it! 🥺. God Bless you❤️ you seem to have it together! I’m still struggling driving my family crazy, I know I’m going to decide to take it, Mentally not ready just yet!

• Esther01
    Esther01 Member Posts: 229
    edited July 2021
    Options

Msespo,

I felt the way you did, for all the same reasons. I'm just clinging to God each day and He's carrying me along. I forgot to mention, my IMD hasn't had any patients who've developed endometrial cancer with it. That reassured me, too! How nice that you'll be traveling this fall. That is so great for distracting us from thinking about bc all the time, which is very difficult not to do. I took time to travel two weeks after surgery and before starting radiation which is on the menu coming soon. It helped me feel almost normal again.

Blessings,

Esther

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2021
    Options

I am post menopausal and onco is changing me from an Al to tamoxifin. (very tired on Al). I was reading a study tonight that said 5mg everyday is just as effective or take 10 mg every other day. I'm going to talk to dr about that. And you are right...we hear more bad things than good on on the posts sometimes. People are just more liable to share when things aren't going well.

• 32B
    32B Member Posts: 186
    edited August 2021
    Options

Kid1919 good luck and please let me know how the 5mg conversation goes. My MO says it's only approved for stage 0 which is so frustrating since I had stage 0 with "micro-invasions" that make it technically 1A, so here I am on 20mg.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2021
    Options

32B, well I am/was a stage too. Will see what happens.

• auksst
    auksst Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021
    Options

My daughter started Tamoxifen about 10 weeks ago. After about a week or so she started having some of the emotional side effects. Depression and crying very easily. She also had nausea and no appetite. She started on effexor and all those symptoms subsided. She now feels great and only has to deal with occasional night sweats. So hang in there!!