Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TE TROUBLE

Comments

• goldie4040
    goldie4040 Member Posts: 404
    edited September 2013

Minustwo,

You are in Houston!!!  Girl, you have so many great options down there.  MD Anderson being one of them.  Get another opinion.  LAT FLAP is last resort.  If you go to the NOLA site they say they don't even do them.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,308
    edited September 2013

Thanks Goldie.  Since the surgeon was able to save the existing implant, I'm going to put all thoughts of further revisions off until after rads.  One step at a time.

• purple87
    purple87 Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2013

Moon....I am just a terrible healer. I had a tummy tuck and a thigh lift done last year. My stitches came undone on my legs as well. I am trying to take in more protein to see if that will help. I am a terrible eater. Thank you for your encouragement.

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,258
    edited September 2013

purple - look for 100g of protein a day - eggs, Greek yogurt, fortified cereal, tuna, salmon, chicken, beef, almonds, quinoa

• purple87
    edited September 2013

PS has suggested I take 4-6 month break to let my body heal before we move forward.

On another subject....has anyone experience huge swelling in the rib and stomach area? Swelling is so bad with me that I look pregnant.

• purple87
    edited September 2013

Minus....I live in Houston too. Who is ur PS? Pm me if u don't want to post it.

SpecialK....Thanks for info...I am trying...its harder then I thought...lol.

• specialk
    edited September 2013

purple - could you have a seroma?

• purple87
    edited September 2013

SpecialK... I did have seroma which is what turned into an infection causing PS to remove the left TE. I don't feel fluid in my swelling now. It is rock hard.

• specialk
    edited September 2013

Bummer - I have no ideas.  What do your docs say?

• purple87
    edited September 2013

My PS is on vacation. He will turn Thurs. I have an appt with him that day. I will be inquiring then. I know I can go to his partners but I want to wait for my PS

• SwoosieQue
    SwoosieQue Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2013

I'm scheduled for the PS to remove the left one and replace it with a new one ( 2 days from now) because it leaked out.  

I'm really wondering if I need a different plastic surgeon.  Would another plastic surgeon see me at this stage?  I am so bummed out.

• SwoosieQue
    SwoosieQue Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2013

I'm scheduled for the PS to remove the left one and replace it with a new one ( 2 days from now) because it leaked out.  

I'm really wondering if I need a different plastic surgeon.  Would another plastic surgeon see me at this stage?  I am so bummed out.

• cateyz2
    cateyz2 Member Posts: 253
    edited October 2013

Purple- I to am one that does not eat properly, may I suggest getting some of the ensure or boost protein drinks. I will say the chocolate ones are quite tasty

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited October 2013

Swoozie, there have been others with leaking TEs. It sad that you had to be one of the lucky ones. Sometimes it is the PS fault. Other times it is just a matter of the draw. I would insist on PS doing the fills though. Much love

• purple87
    edited October 2013

Cat....thank you for your suggestion. I went to GNC and got a protein drink that has no carbs. I want the protein but don't want the extra carbs which would add weight. I also got some protein bars with 17g of protein.

• patriciahurtado
    patriciahurtado Member Posts: 85
    edited October 2013

Antibiotics sucks!!!! I had for 26 days and I hated it ... It was so horrible trying to eat and stay strong .... But I made it ... Hope all those proteins help good luck

• goldie4040
    edited October 2013

Special K,

It is so hard to get 100 grams of protein in, but if you are not healing right it works wonders. I remember thinking, well I will just hard boil a bunch of eggs, and eat those.  Nope, they are not as high as you would think in protein.  Beef, chicken, and fish are number one! Greek yogurt is great too.  

Patricia, has anybody suggested you take some probiotics after being on antibiotics for so long?

• specialk
    edited October 2013

Goldie - fortified cereal is a good source too, but 100g is a challenge, right?

• Peachygirl
    Peachygirl Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2013

This morning I woke up and on the bottom my left breast there were red dots in a line... Looks like stitches where my alloderm was placed...I'm not sure if I should worry or if my skin is getting thin and that is it...I want to keep doing fills but I don't want to do damage that has to be fixed later... I've been getting 100cc fills at the ps office weekly and last week it was so painful I had to take a few leftover pain killers to get through... It felt like someone was poking me with needles all over my breasts.... My ps is on vacation this week so I won't get another fill till next week... I have natrelle 133 mv 13 TEs in and I'm filled to 400cc right now and my skin is feeling stretched to the max... But I still feel small and would like to get to a c cup(whippet mom suggested 500 or 550cc for my frame)... What should I do?

• Peachygirl
    edited October 2013

I just read my post and I just wanted to clarify I don't see the stitches just little red dots on my skin where the stitches would be under my skin... No bumps or anything just red dots...

• melmcbee
    melmcbee Member Posts: 371
    edited October 2013

Definitely point that area out to the ps before you get a fill. Explain the feeling to him or her. Then I would do smaller fills. They can also remove some fluid if needed. Healing hugs

• moonflwr912
    edited October 2013

Peachygirl, I agree with melmcb. Point it out to PS next visit. In the mean time, wear something supportive, it cant hurt. Smaller fills in the future. Its good you have a break between fills.

Swoozie, I hope they could put another in right away. Hows it going?

purple, you are in my thoughts.

I am still hanging in, AND hanging onto my TEs. Up to 600 on each side. Got a couple more fills. I may be able to handle one more 100 fill. After that it'll have to be 50. This last time it was tight. I am starting to feel the TEs again. Its weird because I forgot about the one on my right for over 20 months it didnt bother me. But I notice it a lot more now. But it does give me hope that when my squishies go in I will forget they are there too!

Much love to all- happy healing.

• Peachygirl
    edited October 2013

ok so I called my ps (my hubby suggested)...he had me send him some pics... He said he did not put interior stitches in that area and he asked if I've been doing anything different...I've been using palmers cocoa butter skin therapy oil on 3 times a day... He thinks it has given me contact dermatitis... He suggested take a shower to wash it off and Benadryl... It dosn't itch (prob because I'm numb there) or hurt so I'm going to try it... I'm so glad it was nothing serious... I haven't been myself lately...I'm like a pregnant woman about to give birth so scared that I will be in labor for 36 hours... I have to remind myself that those are exceptions to the rule and not to scare myself into worrying about every possible thing that could go wrong....so glad to have all you guys who really understand what this is like...I don't want to overreact but I would hate to find out I should have told someone and did nothing...sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy...lol

• goldie4040
    edited October 2013

Peachy,

You got to slow down on the fills. I only get 60cc every other week, and sometimes I want to scream. On a suggestion from somebody else I went every week, but got 30cc, that didn't work for me. So, I went back to every other week. I will be done next week, and I will be 520cc in each. Stretching too fast can cause stretch marks, torn skin, broken blood vessels, and pain, which you are experiencing. I am so sorry. Watch those red dots carefully. Don't want an infection to sneak up on you.

• mamasixtaz
    mamasixtaz Member Posts: 156
    edited October 2013

I really hated those fills, why do PSs think 100cc is the way to go? Mine did the same and it was so painful each time till I told him to decrease it. It makes such a difference especially getting to the end.(800cc total) Hang in there girls, once the expansion is done the implants can go in, such a difference it makes! No more cement boobs! Even with the swelling I love the soft feel, I am sure once it's gone they will be pretty much unnoticeable! I was so tired of those TEs and many of you have had them even longer, feeling your pain but hope your exchange is coming soon.

• purple87
    edited October 2013

Peachy hang in there. I WOULD LOVE to have TE in and getting fills. Take it slow and know we are all thinking of you.

My PS decided to let my open incision to close from the inside out. So for now I have 4 huge holes that are barely hanging by a thread (suture). You can see inside my chest cavity...actually pretty cool looking. I don't agree with his decision but I do trust my PS. I have to go in every week so he can watch it. If infection or if it opens more then we will go back into surgery.

Moon thank you....I'm so glad I found u ladies who understand. My family and friends mean well but you ladies truly understand.

HEALING HUGS AND PRAYERS TO U ALL

• specialk
    edited October 2013

purple - there are ladies on this thread who have had wound vacs, open healing, packing, IV antibiotics, you name it - we do get it and glad you feel our support. At one point I had a ruptured necrotic area on the front of the breast with the expander and pectoral muscle poking through and serum pumping out for two days (on the weekend of course!) and I was alternately fascinated and horrified! I totally understand, but felt like McGyver after figuring out that sanitary napkins are the perfect wound dressing in that situation! You are right - nobody understands it - unless you have lived it! Hang in there!

• purple87
    edited October 2013

SpecialK thank you for pointing me in this direction. It helps more then u know to have people actually get it. I am hanging in there I know and believe it will get better. I'm frustrated because I'm gaining weight and it took me so long to lose it.

• mamasixtaz
    mamasixtaz Member Posts: 156
    edited October 2013

SpecialK/Purple-It is such a journey each day, I used nursing pads when my incisions were draining! I hadn't needed those in 14 years!LOL I had to really look in the grocery store for them as they were not where I thought they would be. Yes, we do get it!

• moonflwr912
    edited October 2013

purple, hugs. But you gotta laugh when the help we are offering is nursing pads and sanitary napkins.... LOL. Now where else are you gonna get that info???? And open wounds are cool AND disgusting at the same time. Just keep it clean, NO infection. We'll be praying for you. As SpecialK said, there are a LOT of people here who had to do that icky stuff and have their foobs now. Much love to all.