Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

All about Xeloda

Comments

• KeepingFaith69
    KeepingFaith69 Member Posts: 52
    edited January 2013

Love it!!!!!

Flippin' the bird to c, bleh!

• mandymoo
    mandymoo Member Posts: 632
    edited January 2013

Chickadee, Fantastic!!!Laughing

• saskie
    saskie Member Posts: 71
    edited January 2013

I love it too Ckickadee!!

• RobinNY
    RobinNY Member Posts: 136
    edited January 2013

love it Chick!  

• gail5
    gail5 Member Posts: 125
    edited January 2013

Chickadee - brilliant photo. I'm going to post it on my facebook page.

• LizLemon
    LizLemon Member Posts: 191
    edited January 2013

Awesome picture, Chickadee...quite a powerful visual...

• Jac53
    Jac53 Member Posts: 58
    edited January 2013

Goodbye Xeloda companions.  8 treatments then out & onto Everolimus & something else, I'm a bit whacked out after the Onc appointment.    I wish you all a long & gentle trip on this drug.    Jeannie

• liv-
    liv- Member Posts: 272
    edited January 2013

jac - Yes it can be a bit draining seeing the old onc.   the anxiety of hearing how the bloods and anything else they might have up their sleeve can be a bit of a drain.

may i ask why onto everolimus and no more xeloda.

ive been on xeloda for going on 4 months with navalbine.  am feeling the cumulative build up as more tired than usual but overall hardly any side effects at all.

wish you well and good luck with your new venture with everolimus.

xx

• Chickadee
    Chickadee Member Posts: 469
    edited January 2013

I hope your new regimen is kind to you jac. It's tough finding out something has run its course and we have to put our faith in something new.

• Jac53
    Jac53 Member Posts: 58
    edited January 2013

liv-  the Xeloda doesn't seem to be working & the Onc wants to get ahead of this progression with a new treatment.

chick: thanks

• liv-
    edited January 2013

sorry to hear that for you jac - you are a tremendous warrior and i know the new Everolimus will do its magic.

luvs

xx

• gail5
    edited January 2013

Good luck with the new treatment jac. I hear good things about everolimus so hope it works for you.

• KeepingFaith69
    edited January 2013

I am new to stage iv and xeloda. How often are the scans? 3 monthly or at the end of 3 (3 week) cycles?

• Chickadee
    edited January 2013

Typically once a quarter. If successful and you do well over the long haul onc will sometimes stretch it out.

Your dosage and whether you do 14/7 or 7/7 will be up to you and onc. I started on 14/7 and 2000mg in the morning and 2000mg in the evening. It was a toug go. I convinced my onc to give the 7/7 schedule a chance and reduce the dosage to 1500mg twice a day. That's been very tolerable and I've been stable since April last.

Scan next month and hoping to keep going.

• KeepingFaith69
    edited January 2013

Thanks Chicksdee.

I am on 14/7 and take 1650 morning and night.

Today is day 9 and I have broken out in pustules all over my face and a red rash on my legs...

No problems with hfs or D but I do get quite tired.

Still managing to walk 5km most days. It's great for my spirits and a good opportunity for DH and I to enjoy each others company.

• KeepingFaith69
    edited January 2013

....... Praying for another great scan result Chickadee :)

• liv-
    edited January 2013

excellent still walking 5k keeping fatith.

xx

• Chickadee
    edited January 2013

Blood tests are still near normal.  Good news that.   We discussed Sir Spheres.  My onc will contact the head guy at MD Anderson and find out what the qualifications are and if I would be a candidate.  We are going to do bone and CT scan at the end of February so we'll have current information if there is a need to go for the Spheres.  We both agreed as long as X is keeping me stable we'll hold off on the Spheres but if the liver function or scans start heading south then hopefully off to get the little miracle beads.

So all in all another month in the Stable!  I'll take it.

• chele
    chele Member Posts: 132
    edited January 2013

That's great Chickadee!

• mandymoo
    mandymoo Member Posts: 632
    edited January 2013

Good news, Chickadee. Lets hope you stay stable for ever. Smile

• KeepingFaith69
    edited January 2013

That's fabulous!  Long may it continue Wink

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited January 2013

keepingfaith-

I too broke out with stuff all over my face (mostly by my nose, on my chin, and on my forehead).  I also have a rash on my legs to the calves, and on my arms to my elbows.  My MO said it was from my other drug, Tykerb.  Are you on that by chance? If not, I will have to tell her it is the Xeloda.  I am off of Xeloda this week and my rash has been much better.  Just wanted to let you know you aren't the only one out there with these SE.

Great news Chickadee

• liv-
    edited January 2013

chikadee..........brilliant fantastic bravo

xxx

• Chickadee
    edited January 2013

This has been kicked around before and bears repeating, but for those of you just getting on X, its the darnedest thing about the randomness and inconsistency of the SE's. they appear, drive you crazy, disappear, maybe never come back and then something else pops up. Someone gets one SE and not the others.

If they are really debilitating dont hesitate to look into dosage reduction or a different schedule such as 7/7. That schedule change came just in time for me when the hand foot stuff was starting to drive me nuts. I just couldn't do the second week on.

If you tolerate this well it can be a period of relief if one has to be on chemo.

• KeepingFaith69
    edited January 2013

Thank you Leftfootforward and yes I am on Tykerb ;)

• RobinNY
    RobinNY Member Posts: 136
    edited January 2013

Great news Chick!  So happy for you!

Robin

• gail5
    edited January 2013

Great news Chickadee. Sounds like you have a good plan there.

• chele
    edited January 2013

You're right Chickadee, the SE's are random!  Crazy crazy.  I've had burning foot pain wake me only to have it gone the next day.  I do have a rash on my chest, wondering if Xeloda has made me allergic to the perfume I've worn for 30 years.  I had a day of diarheah, a day of constipation.  The only constant is the perfound fatique, and yet I'm sleeping deeper than I have in years!  It's nuts.  Don't like an SE?  Just wait a day, you'll get a new one.

• Chickadee
    edited January 2013

I had some intense bone pain in my leg a couple days ago and was sure I would be getting follow up from the onc. DISAPPEARED. The morning of my appt. Go figure.

• chele
    edited January 2013

LOL.  Yup, sounds like something Xeloda would do Chickadee!  It's the oddest potpourri of SE's that come and go.  I'm getting along with it better this round, could be because now I know that the SE's don't stick around for long.