Prepping for Surgery? Start Here.
For information on all types of breast cancer surgery, see the main Breastcancer.org site's pages on:
- Surgery, including info on what to expect with any surgery
- Lumpectomy, featuring info on what it is, risks and what to expect
- Mastectomy, with what to expect, risks, and questions to ask
- Lumpectomy vs. Mastectomy, for help deciding which surgery is right for you
- What to expect with any surgery
- Lymph Node Removal, including how lymph nodes work, risks involved, and what to expect
- Questions to Ask Your Surgeon About Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Reconstruction, for info on all types of breast reconstruction and questions to ask
- Is Breast reconstruction right for you?
- Going flat after breast surgery
- Before Mastectomy: 10 Tips to Get Ready for Your Hospital Stay and Recovery
- Breaking Research News about Surgery for Breast Cancer
There's also some great information in these Discussion Boards, where you can ask questions and get advice from others who are experiencing what you are, or have been there:
- Shopping/packing/to-do list for surgery + recovery
- Lumpectomy Lounge....let's talk!
- Considerations: Lumpectomy w/Rads vs. UMX vs. BMX
- Port Placement - detailed description of process (for those getting chemo)
Also, if you have a surgery date set, you can scroll through the threads in the Surgery forum to find your Monthly Surgical Group and talk with others who are preparing for surgery too -- so you can support each other along the way!
Hope this helps! 🤗