Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Positive nodes with long term survival

Options

Comments

• TectonicShift
    TectonicShift Member Posts: 102
    edited December 2015
    Options

Welcome, Ramin. It's wonderful that you came here for infomation and support. I suggest you click on the Start a New Topic button and make a new thread. Tell us everything you know about your mom's situation. If you can, ask her what her stage is, because there is a huge difference between stage 3 and grade 3. The stage has to do with how big her tumor is and how many positive lymph nodes she has. The grade has to do with how fast-growing and aggressive her tumor cells are. The more info you can give us the better.

Do start a new discussion dedicated to just your mom's situation and lots of us will try to help you.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited March 2012
    Options

I am not sure what ferosun is. Is it a chemo drug? In which country is your mother being treated?

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951
    edited March 2012
    Options

This thread just gave me hope. I had a lumpectomy on Friday and I know the sentinel node was positive and I won't know about the other 3 she took until Wednesday. I have been so depressed. This is round 2 for me. The first round was DCIS and LCIS and now IDC. I am very afraid of the whole chemo thing.

• Ramin
    Ramin Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Momine She is being treated in Pakistan. ferosun is the name of chemo and it is from Argentina. it is very effective and also very strong.

Posy1 thanks she is in stage 3, grade 3 and her tumor is aggressive because test fish came positive 3+ and it came 4.4 i believe.
  • Ramin
    edited March 2012
    Options

I fucking hate cancer very much and i wish i wasn't studying computer sciece but medical field. all of you lovely ladies, you are all the best ever fighters of life. i respect you all and like i always pray for my mother to get well i pray for you all too so you all get well soon and kick cancer out of your bodies. cheers everybody here!! 1 thing i found very important and effective which is not to think a lot and forget if even you have cancer. take it normal and drink more carrot fresh juices with apple fresh juices. stay away from spices for some time and walk once a day for atleast 10 to 15 minutes, and wish you all the very best.

• Lowrider54
    Lowrider54 Member Posts: 333
    edited March 2012
    Options

Just weighing in...5 positive nodes out of 25 taken in April of 1999 - diagnosed with mets in September of 2009 - 10 1/2 years cancer free and still here - still fighting!

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2012
    Options

Thank you for this long lovely thread.  Just this morn told Hubby that I have been reading so many stories on bco, and somehow perhaps I did not realize just how serious this bc is and have been very calm until recently, but then read the stories and felt true fear. Then I read the hope from stories on this thread too.  It is what it is, for each of us, I know.  We have both the hope and survival and the dire consequence the bc doles out, there being no right or  wrong, no fault, no not doing enough or doing too much.  Thank you for all the stories, how each one dealt with their bc challenges.  I  feel better tonight, keep on keeping on with my way.

• Ramin
    edited March 2012
    Options

Essa hello don't worry and you don't have to read those stories but these here so you know it is  very common all over the world and about your HER 2nue + did they told you about Herceptin injections with chemo or after chemo?

• kate727
    kate727 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2012
    Options

I had 5 cm tumor, 9/15 positive lymph nodes. I am 12 years out! Somehow I did 6 years of tamoxifan and 6 years femara. (should have been five and five) But now my onc.won't renew any more femara! I am not happy about this, I want to continue, Any one have any thoughts??

• TectonicShift
    TectonicShift Member Posts: 102
    edited December 2012
    Options

Congratulations, Kate. That's so great!! Twelve years!!!

I think there is a trend now -- or maybe it's in clinical trials -- to give five years of a second A.I. after five years of the first one. So maybe your onc would give you Aromisin or Aridimex now for five years. If he/she won't, maybe you can look for a clinical trial and get on it. 

• many
    many Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2012
    Options

BUMP FOR  NEWCOMERS

• CherylinOhio
    CherylinOhio Member Posts: 149
    edited March 2012
    Options

My husband had a good customer come in to his shop yesterday and told him that his girlfriend was a stage 3c 14 years ago, and feeling good today!!! YEA!!!!! We will all kick bc's butt!!!!

I have been going without my wig for almost 2 weeks, yippee!! Still really short but I get compliments on it. I colored it Thursday and Tuesday I got my first trim.  Cool

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hooray Cheryl! Glad you're doing so much better. Me, too! Happy dance for us all!!

• mary625
    mary625 Member Posts: 154
    edited April 2012
    Options

Cheryl--how many weeks/months are you post chemo? Just comparing -- I'm trying to go without wig and got my hair colored today. Some people encouraged me, but in hindsight I think it was too early. My final chemo was 1/11/2012.

• CherylinOhio
    edited April 2012
    Options

Hi Mary, my last chemo was sept 8, 2011, I will always remember cuz that is my wedding anniversary. Once I left work for medical leave 2 weeks ago, I had it with the wig. I am actually going to a cancer center this week to donate them. I am taking a vitamin with BIOTIN in it, supposed to be great for hair growth. I get a lot of compliments even though I think it is really short but hey, the wigs were a pain and I feel so good without them. I am sure you look wonderful!!

• many
    edited April 2012
    Options

Bunp

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    edited April 2012
    Options

WOW - thank you for asking this question....................and thanks to everyone who answered.

• MicheleS
    MicheleS Member Posts: 196
    edited April 2012
    Options

the lady who fit me for my mastectomy bras had 27 + nodes and is 10 yrs NED.

• many
    edited April 2012
    Options

Bump

• CherylinOhio
    edited April 2012
    Options

That is so good to hear. I think it is hit or miss who gets it back. I am trying everything I can to avoid it. No smoking, no drinking, exercise, eat better, vitamins, healing touch, body wraps. Living each day the best that I can.  I see my onc tomorrow for 3 month, well actually 4 month check up. Hope all goes well. First day back to work today after 4 weeks of after recon surgery.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

• many
    edited April 2012
    Options

Bump

• kimkay10
    kimkay10 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2012
    Options

Kate - I am schedule to have my BMX 06/11/2012 and I already have lymphodema in my feet and don't want alot of nodes removed unnecessarily.  Since you are so far out maybe you have some information on how they determine which ones to remove.  I have seen two different breast surgeons and they seem to have VERY different ideas.  One who is quite negative but closer to me want to remove ALL of them.  I am worried about the LE. 

Should I find a surgeon who is conservative.  the research I am reading looks like they really don't know what the survival rate difference is and the new studies seem to indicate that there is really not much difference. I already had a SN biopsy and it came back malignant on the one node under the arm closest to my smaller tumor ( I have two in the 12 oclock and and the 4 oclock positions).  That is why the surgeon wants to remove ALL of them.  

Anyone with any ideas???

• kimkay10
    edited May 2012
    Options

Beth- Can they tell how many cancerous nodes you have before the MX and ALND?

• kimkay10
    edited May 2012
    Options

Also sorry what is the FISH Test

• many
    edited May 2012
    Options

Bump

• Rachel1
    Rachel1 Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2012
    Options

Bump

• hopeforlife
    hopeforlife Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2012
    Options

I know someone who is triple positive with 20+ nodes and is over 12 years out. She had a new primary in the other breast two years ago. Other than that...she is going strong.

• lovujja
    lovujja Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hi Many,

Your and mine diagnosis is same except mine is grade 1 and i had 29 LN positive out of 40. I will be done with radiation coming Monday. I can't wait to be done. I have radiation blister on my axilla and can't do much other wise i feel good Smileand do right thing to live here long for my two little one.

• lovujja
    edited July 2012
    Options

my onco Np suggested me that for regular people you don't need to tell detail. She suggested to be positive and tell people yes there was cancer cells now all gone and i am talking medicine so it will not come back. I have multiple LM positive and except my health care provider me and my husband no body knows it. 

• lovujja
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hi dear, lots of hugs and prayers for you. Please be positive. You know desire to live long has no side effect so be strong and positive and do yoga, Accupunture, listen music...