Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Positive nodes with long term survival

Options

Comments

• aic
    aic Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2012
    Options

What an awesome thread! I really needed this today...thank you to everyone!

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 180
    edited September 2012
    Options

Hii Ladies, It's been a while since I posted. I am now going on 7 Plus years since my stage IIIC, 12 pos nodes dx.

I am healthy, and thank God everyday for everday!

• Karina
    Karina Member Posts: 76
    edited September 2012
    Options

Ikc, congrats, congrats and more congrats!!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you posting here and inspiring everyone for many, many years...

• lovujja
    lovujja Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2012
    Options

What a inspiring story. If you can share your life style that might be helpful for us. God bless you full life. Your life gives us hope, courage and ability to see light in the tunnel.

• many
    many Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2012
    Options

bump

• mamabee
    mamabee Member Posts: 148
    edited October 2012
    Options

Just met a friend of a friend who was diagnosed in her 30's with 15 positive nodes. She's now 11 years out from surgery and chemo, has a thriving real estate career and, except for LE, is doing great. Just wanted to share another positive story!

• xercisefreak
    xercisefreak Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    Options

Love it, thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful news. I needed this today. Thank you mamabee!

• teeballmom
    teeballmom Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2012
    Options

Thank you mamabee! 

• marina1963
    marina1963 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    Options

I hope my story will give hope and encouragement to those who will read it. I am 6.5 years out and still doing well. My diagnosis was really scary: locally advanced breast cancer (the surgeon said IBC at first because of skin involvement,then he changed to IDC,but it doesn't matter at this point),lots of positive nodes (I had neoadjuvant chemo and no cancer could be found at the time of surgery,but the surgeon thinks I had more than 20 nodes infected), a huge 13 cm tumor,ER/PR-,HER2+++.I am still here,aproaching my 7 year mark,and still doing good.

Marina

• missy_111
    missy_111 Member Posts: 97
    edited October 2012
    Options

marina1963 -  Thank you for coming back and posting.  It gives us all hope!!

• teeballmom
    teeballmom Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2012
    Options

Marina1963:  Thank you for telling your story.  I am constantly worrying but your story makes me feel that I'll be here a long while.

• CherylinOhio
    CherylinOhio Member Posts: 149
    edited October 2012
    Options

All of these stories are great!! It does not suprise me to see ER/PR- ladies who are many years out and NED.  I was told that Er/PR- after 5  years can essentially consider themselves cured or very near cured.  With ER/PR+ there is more of a risk of it coming back years later. I was confused on the difference and went to my BS to talk with her coordinator. She told me the info above and said that after 5 years both positive and negative ER/PR, the chances of reoccurence goes down with each passing year, it's just that the negative goes down farther than the positive and that is only due to the chance that it (ER/PR+) can come back years later.  I think it is a crap shoot and I used to think the strong survive but even the strong have bumps in the road.  I wish us all well and all of us make it to 5 years and beyond!! We have to because we need to be here in 5 years for the next group of ladies  to share our stories and encouragement.  Though I really hope to see a cure by then.  I did see a CNN report a month ago that there should be a cure in the next 5 years for triple neg. bc.  Woo Hoo, we're getting closer!!  

• bee15
    bee15 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hello Ladies:

I have been following the forums on this site for a while.  I was diagnosed in March and have found the Posts on this site to be an enormous source of information and helpful advise. Up til now I haven't posted because I'm more of a listener than a talker, but I just wanted to say that these posts have really given me a new perspective.

Thanks ever so much 

• melmcbee
    melmcbee Member Posts: 371
    edited October 2012
    Options

Welcome Bee15.... This is a wonderful place for support, hugs, and info. Healing hugs coming your way.

• many
    many Member Posts: 57
    edited November 2012
    Options

B

ump

• hopeforlife
    hopeforlife Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2012
    Options

I know a family friend who just got past 13 years status post Triple Positive IDC with 20+ nodes. Still going strong....

• TectonicShift
    TectonicShift Member Posts: 102
    edited October 2014
    Options

hopeforlife -- really??? Are you sure about that?  If so, that is SO GREAT!! Thanks for sharing!!

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited November 2012
    Options

Tectonic, my SIL is the same, 20+ nodes, 20+ years. Of course, we joke it is because she is so evil that the reaper is scared to take her, so I am hoping it is possible to be nice and still not die.

• CherylinOhio
    edited November 2012
    Options

Momine, my sister says same about me, I am too mean for this to get me!! Hope she is right.  She also asked a psychic about me and that psychic asked my sister if I was feisty and said that I am not going anywhere for a awhile and she did not think this (bc) was going to get me.  Hope she is right!!  My onc has a patient who is coming up on 10 years with 19 pos nodes, still NED.  My BS had a patient who about 10 or more years ago had a patient that had 28 pos nodes and going strong.  The nodes did their job the way I see it.  There are ppl with 0-3 or 4 nodes who reoccur or get mets and ppl with many that never do so it is a crap shoot!!  I am learning to live with it and I go to the stage 4 boards to see how other women deal with that dx. There are many who have healthy thriving lives and live alongside the bc.  Cool

• maggs09
    maggs09 Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2012
    Options

CherrylinOhio, that is so true!

There seem to be no rule who and when will end up having recurrence. I also had many lymph nodes and there are days that I'm very worried and scared, especially if I go to stage IV boards... So I started avoiding them. Being constantly worried about the future is not going to change it, but it will only ruin "today".

I stopped speculating whether my chemo worked well... or not...I chose to believe that it did its job!

I'm planning to be around for long time. I know there will be days when I will find hard to believe it ... but aren't we here to support each other? Besides there maybe more advancement in treatment and recurrence prevention in the future that we maybe able to take advantage of.

• CherylinOhio
    edited November 2012
    Options

I just read an article and posted it somewhere on here about vitamin D and it's role in preventing bc and reoccurence. I upped my intake to 4000 icu a day. We dont get a lot of sun in ohio this time of year so I have to rely on supplements.  I try to avoid stress and anger and try to laugh more and relax.  Having ovaries out in a few weeks, hoping to go somewhere sunny next year. Maybe AZ my mom lives there and it's very sunny there.  All we can do is hope and support each other, well that's not all we can do but those are the basics.

• Lomesh
    Lomesh Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    Options

My wife is 21/40 nodes positive.

Feeling stressed . How will be her prognosis.

• vicky3blum
    vicky3blum Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2013
    Options

My sister had 23 nodes.Stage 111c.  it has been nearly 20 years.  she is now an oncology nurse.  she was one of the few who had an autologous bone maarrow transplant which has been discredited but she still feels it may have helped.

• Shari0707
    Shari0707 Member Posts: 260
    edited March 2013
    Options

That's amazing

• melmcbee
    melmcbee Member Posts: 371
    edited March 2013
    Options

Vicki it sounds like it worked to me. Why was it discredited and where did she get it? Sounds interesting

• Racy
    Racy Member Posts: 974
    edited March 2013
    Options

Lomesh, your wife's doctors will be the best to talk with you about prognosis. The treatment that she will have such as surgery, radiation, chemo and hormone therapy will help with giving your wife the best prognosis possible.

You may want to get more than one opinion on treatment options.

Other ladies in the stage 3 forum will be able to share with you about their treatments and how best to manage them.

Best wishes to you and your wife.

• lovujja
    lovujja Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2013
    Options

HI,

I am thriving with all amazing story. It is not easy to have a peaceful life after you diagnosed with BC with lots of LN+. But life seems move on..that's where i am. Let me keep moving and thriving. Lot of hugs and best of luck to newly diagnosed and with you many many healthy life to other survivars.

Long time survivars, Please try to visit website often and post your inspiring storing.

• goutlaw
    goutlaw Member Posts: 268
    edited July 2013
    Options

Hi, I need some hope...I was diagnosed in April 2013 had two chemos so far...3rd one is July 17...Doing 8 treatments then surgery and herceptin for one year.And rads. Oncologist told me today so far I'm in stage 3 but not sure on nodes yet so can't say a, b or c...but wants to shrink it first. I'm triple positive with grade 3 tumor. I had a rash on left breast, dimpling and nipple pulled to tumor also breast is short now. She said with her2, tumor grade and my age 32...Igot poor prognosis . Honestly I just want to cry. I have five kids ages 13, 9, ,7,6 and 4...Feel like I let them down. Heard her happens with aging and wear and tear on body! Anyone similar to this plz help I'm 32....I did have MRI of chest wall, cat scan, bone scan andmri of abdominal area before chemo all were neg...Every ache and pain I want check and paranoid...I don't know...

• goutlaw
    edited July 2013
    Options

O yea getting hormone therapy for 5 years then after chemo. I just hope it don't recur elsewhere. I stopped smoking, made diet changes and go to gym. I don't know all I can do is pray. Plus not on BC but other type of cancer can recur elsewhere

• goutlaw
    edited July 2013
    Options

O yea getting a/c 4 treatments then taxotere four and herceptin a year with the hormone therapy