Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage 1, grade 1 and pre-menopausal

Options

Comments

• prahan
    prahan Member Posts: 58
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hello all how many years it take for grade 1 cancer cells to become 1 cm lump?. Any idea?

• Annicemd
    Annicemd Member Posts: 292
    edited December 2019
    Options

No one really knows but as they are very lazy, probably several years..

• prahan
    edited December 2019
    Options

Thanks for replying. Yes ,no research based on this.

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696
    edited December 2019
    Options

mine was sitting on my imaging for at least three years and was mistaken for a cyst...gyno finally felt it and said it was time for a biopsy...and as they say...the rest was history.... that was 10 years ago!

• Annicemd
    edited December 2019
    Options

Thanks for sharing VR. I actually had an ultrasound 7 years before my diagnosis after having bad mastitis during breast feeding my youngest. The ultrasanographer was looking at one area for ages before giving me the all clear! I was 34 at the time. Mammo was normal. 7 years later ID diagnosed in that exact area. I will never know what she saw in the first place and if it may have been DCIS at that time...

• voraciousreader
    edited December 2019
    Options

Annice....no sense in looking back....Carpe Diem!

happy New Year dear sisters! And may all the year be filled with only wonderful surprises

• Annicemd
    edited December 2019
    Options

indeed, here’s to a Happy New Decade 🎉

• prahan
    edited January 2020
    Options

My pathology report says predominantly arranged in tubules with nests and cords. Score was given 1 . This means my type may be Tubular Carcinoma. My ki67 value is 3to 4 % .

• beach2beach
    beach2beach Member Posts: 245
    edited January 2020
    Options

I was 51 and pre-meno when diagnosed. Now at 53 still have high levels of estrogen(recently checked in december) even though since being on tamoxifen I have not had a period in the last year. Not sure if I wasn't on Tamox if I'd still be getting periods, wonky probably, but still getting them.

Had an Oncodx score of 9, no chemo or rads. Go every 6mths to onco and once year to breast surgeon. Like everyone else, we hope we have done is enough. I'm guessing because I'd be considered going through menopuase that they would not do ovarian surpression..idk, I will ask this at next onco appt in June

• prahan
    edited January 2020
    Options

Any one experiencing dry throat on lupron and Tamoxifen

• Annicemd
    edited January 2020
    Options

Oh that is quite a non specific symptoms that could be caused by many things. Hopefully it will settle down. Can’t say I had it when I was on lupron, and I personally have not had it with tamoxifen either..

• prahan
    edited January 2020
    Options

Thank you for your response Annicemd.

The updated SOFT trial recommends ovarian suppression for 18 or 24 months?.

Do we have any statistical data published recently, regarding our prognosis?

• Annicemd
    edited January 2020
    Options

I am not aware. Others may have more recent info. Many women use the on line tools at diagnosis such as life math or predict which I think take account or established outcome research. The ovarian suppression plus tamoxifen certain appears to improve outcomes in premenopausal women with early stage BC.. I certainly had a similar treatment to what you are being offered. I was not initially offered OS but I realised it was likely to be beneficial and now the data are clear so I am glad I pushed for it 😊

• voraciousreader
    edited January 2020
    Options

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1803164

Tailoring Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy for Premenopausal Breast Cancer....2018

most recent data...

• prahan
    edited January 2020
    Options

Thank you voracious reader.

• prahan
    edited January 2020
    Options

Any long term survivors say 10 years is still posting here? .

• voraciousreader
    edited January 2020
    Options

Yes. I am

• prahan
    edited January 2020
    Options

Cheers voracious reader

• voraciousreader
    edited January 2020
    Options

prahan...Heart

• prahan
    edited January 2020
    Options

Voracious reader , do you know your ki67 value?.

• voraciousreader
    edited January 2020
    Options

No. but I had the Breast Cancer Index (BCI) score after 7 years of Tamoxifen/Femara....and my score was extremely low...1.8...so, after my 8th year, with further studies indicating for patients of low risk of recurrence, no further benefit...I stopped therapy.....I am nowhappy and HEALTHY.

• prahan
    edited January 2020
    Options

I am lay man. Please describe how this test is done. Blood work?. Is that available in India

• Badluckbdaygirl
    Badluckbdaygirl Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2020
    Options

Hi Stage 1 sisters.

I am glad I found this post. I had a BMX in December. I waited a few weeks to recover m, delayed meeting my mo, but and am finally meeting my MO next week to start Tamoxifen. My BS said they brought my case up and my future MO said she would not be ordering the Onco test. Should I demand one? I haven’t even met her yet, but she is the one I’m most nervous about🤪 She believed from what she saw Tamoxifen would give the greatest benefit.

I had to convince my BS to do a BMX, but after surgery he was glad because they found other (LCIS/DCIS) and I have extremely dense breasts with many call backs and a biopsy in the past. My biopsy that found my cancer was on my 46th bday.

Another question I have is that I am definitely pre-menopausal. Periods like clockwork with my IDC er+ 98%. Should I have my ovaries removed? What else can I do for lowering estrogen?

Thanks for listening. It’s all so confusing

• voraciousreader
    edited January 2020
    Options
    http://www.biotheranostics.com/patient-breast-cancer

Prahan...check out the above link... not sure if it is offered in India.... keep us posted

• voraciousreader
    edited January 2020
    Options

birthday girl. Most definitely you want the OncotypeDx test done. Ask surgeon to do it so you might have results when you see oncologist. Ovarian suppression can also be obtained by using chemicals. For three years, I had monthly Lupron injections that suppressed my ovaries from releasing eggs. Some women do that and see how it goes. I never needed to remove my ovaries because after three years, I was finally, post menopausal....That is something to discuss with the oncologist. In the meantime, try contacting the surgeon and get the OncotypeDX test...

keep us posted. Good luck

• prahan
    edited January 2020
    Options

Thank you voracious reader.

• summerangel
    summerangel Member Posts: 182
    edited January 2020
    Options

Badluckbdaygirl, if you can get an Oncotype done that could help you decide about ovarian suppression. (I'm not sure if Oncotype has a size limit on the tumor sample, your signature says yours is less than 1 cm.) I'm also still very premenopausal, nearly 5 years post-diagnosis, and ovarian suppression wasn't recommended for me because I had very low risk tumors. Grade 1 tumors are usually low risk.

• Annicemd
    edited January 2020
    Options

Birthday girl I most certainly agree with voracious reader. Chemical menopause has good evidence for benefit with your stats. Ask your MO about pros and cons and the research evidence. By the way I am 8 and a half years out and it feels good 😉

• summerangel
    summerangel Member Posts: 182
    edited January 2020
    Options

Be aware that ovarian suppression is not without side effects. Luckily I have a great MO who weighed the pros and cons with me and felt that with my low risk of recurrence the cons outweighed the pros. This was influenced by the fact that I had already experienced severe side effects from Tamoxifen. He felt that the side effects of ovarian suppression would most likely be as severe as, or more severe, than Tamoxifen. These are things you will want to discuss with your MO.

• Badluckbdaygirl
    Badluckbdaygirl Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2020
    Options

Thank you so much for the feedback. If my MO won’t do an Oncotype next week, I’ll ask my BS. I think he said her theory was that Tamoxifen was the drug of choice because of my er status. My IDC was 7mm, so maybe that’s another reason. I was almost a grade 2 and had DCIS/LCIS so I just want to know. I’ve always had busy boobs as they say and incredibly dense.

I didn’t know about other ovary suppression so I will ask. I have heard people say to research because removing ovaries, etc. can have a lot of side effects. I feel like there is so much info. out there and so many opinions. I still tell myself I’m eating in moderation and still having my wine😂.

I’m also curious, my mom had stage 1 grade 2 and a ki-47 of 3, but mine was a lower grade and a 14 (considered favorable at my lab i think) I’m not sure how all that works either. She’s 6 years out and just got to stop hormonals because she did some test and it came back low risk. I’m assuming it will be 10 years for me given my age.

Also, just in October, I had an MRI to kick off all this stuff with even some fibroids lighting up, then 4 3D mammos and an ultrasound and none of that picked up the other stuff. Crazy!

Thanks for the support and listening. I’m happy to hear you are all doing so well