Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited March 2014

You know, Cindy, I would love to some time.  Would be an honor to meet you all.  I have not been to the Hill Country in a long time and that would be so fun.  Thanks for the advice, I am very happy to keep my girl out in the air -- well except at work, not sure how that would go!  haha.

Josie, sorry you are feeling poorly, I am a baby too when I am not feeling well.  I am glad DH is there for you and the kids.

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited March 2014

Josie - So glad you got your results!!!! Yes that is good news. Too bad theu made you wait so long. We are getting snow today too. So far 4 inches and it is really coming down. I don't think anyone is going to complain about summer this year...This winter has been just unrelenting and brutal.We have had 46 days below zero...not wind chill but actual temp. Before this year we only had 5 actual days in the last 3 years. If I ever hear the word polar vortex again I might just need to be locked up.

Kate - So glad you have PT coming in. I can relate to the up and down of it all. One day really bad and the next day ok. Hang in there. You are my hero. When ever I get down about my own illness etc I think about you and how you are fighting. Wish I was out there with you to cheer you on.

RunFree - I was wondering where you were and concerned about your arm. I have been doing small weights while I watch tv. Just a lttle. I have this dream of being really strong on my upper body.

Let me read some more and see what else is going on.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited March 2014

Josie it sounds like you went from nurse to patient!  Feel better.

Joan I know how alarming those continuing changes are. It's probably nothing, but get checked if it's stressing you. Did you have a mammoth in January?

Hi Bunkie are you still thinking about moving?

Cindy your energy makes me smile, as usual.

Hi Sew, and Kate and Brookside and run and GIGI and new sistas. Hi Janis you out there?

Saturday and dh and I decided to go walk the beach between storms--trouble was there was no beach! Have never seen such huge water. Suddenly getting a house on beach  became less interesting!

• SAB
    edited March 2014

A mammo not mammoth!!! Of course as a geologist I suppose it could happen...

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited March 2014

Mostly Sew...that's interesting about Arimidex causing your osteoporosis...I had it when I first started taking Arimidex and even with supplements to combat what Arimidex was doing to the bones my bone density test results were the same plus the supplemental drug was going to cost 100 a month. No can do with other people in the family with scrips, etc., so she switched me to Tamoxifen. Have to say despite the SEs it has definitely helped with strengthening my bones. My latest BD test showed my numbers were up and I was no longer in the dreaded danger zone with osteoporosis whatever that means other than it isn't good.

I haven't been to Chicago in years but my sister and brother in law used to live in Naperville and my nephew and his main squeeze live there now. He graduated from DePaul University and just got his masters from there. I know the weather is horrific there right now....in the deep south where I live it is 60 degrees...tomorrow it will start dropping again but I wont complain given what you guys are going through. Diane

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited March 2014

Diane, yes I was surprised that I went from a very stable osteopenia (t score at -1 something) which I'd had for years to full blown osteoporosis (t score to -4.7) in one year on Arimidex.  Fortunately the Prolia infusion didn't cost me anything because I think they billed about $1500 per infusion.  But it did it's trick.  Fortunately I haven't had to mess with some other prescription drug.  I certainly understand you changing over to tamoxifen as an extra $100 per month is a lot.  Interesting that your scores came back up.  That's great.

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited March 2014

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.I actually m starting to get my strength back.I couldn't even walk across the room like an hour ago .Just showered and feeling better now.

Sew, that's a significant decrease in your T scores.Sorry to hear you developed a allergy to the Prolia.Actually that's pretty rare I think.A lot of my patients are concerned about the side effects to the Prolia.

• josie123
    edited March 2014

Goodnight all......

I'm turning in early.

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited March 2014

Josie, Brookside and cindy thatnkas for the support

Josie I am sorry that you have the flu, but glad hubby is babying you

Brookside I do understand that we focus on a couple of point weight gain and pay way less attention to the loss. I bet you look hot either way, but I understand that it is hard to realize our own beauty.

Cindy, I can just pictur hubby rocking the prince warrior coat. Good thing you are not jealous with si many eomen in his pockets. Awww but he know you are the prettiest with the best personality

• josie123
    edited March 2014

Thanks Kate, My hubby was a great nurse yesterday. He waited on me and even bought me Gatorade.I'm feeling much better this morning.

• SAB
    edited March 2014

Bunkie thinking of you, watching a pbs special on chair yoga (easy yoga is title ) 

Hi Josie nice to hear you're feeling better. 

About to do the switch over from tamoxifen to whatever (as soon as I find new mo) any thoughts?

• SAB
    edited March 2014

Bunkie it looks like there's a video easy yoga the secret to strength and balance that includes 60 minute workout

• MostlySew
    edited March 2014

Sab, my thoughts are...go for it babeSillyHeart  Welcome to the big girl drugs....or at least us menopausal gal drugs!  You'll be fine, and if you're not, they've got about 7 variations of this drug and you'll find one that works!

• MostlySew
    edited March 2014

P.S. just looked for that yoga dvd and Amazon doesn't have it.  Can't tell if it's not out yet because it's a TV program or what......ah well, guess I'll toddle back to my chair!

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited March 2014

Sew & Bunkie - Easy Yoga by Peggy Cappy check out her site...$15 for 1 or $100 for complete set....ommm

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited March 2014

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited March 2014

Shout out to all and wanted to share my news! I am going to be a grandmother for the first time. My son and his soon to be wife (wedding was already planned for April 12th so no shot gun wedding...LOL) are having a baby in October! I am so happy!!!

Have a great day! I am going to call my bestie and let her know. BBL! xoxo

• tb90
    tb90 Member Posts: 288
    edited March 2014

April:  The best news ever.  I am so very envious!! Nothing better than a grandchild.

• katehudson25
    edited March 2014

April, Mazel Tov! A grandchild is the best thing that can happen

• katehudson25
    edited March 2014

I am  up early and decked out for the show today. I am wearing a white sequinned top with a black skirt and my grey sequinned jacket. Both George and Brad cooper are going to pick me up. My physical therapist is coming this morning, and that will have my leg look thinner. I am in talks with my kids right now we are trying to juggle schedules to see if I can come April 23 and leave April 28. I have to start chemo no later than April 30.

Bunkie I am thinking about you today and hope you are ok.

Yesterday was a sad day for out family. My son Michael's14 year old dog Bailey died. My son had to come home from the vet and tell a 10 year old and two 6 year old's that their doggie passed away.

• josie123
    edited March 2014

Kate, I'm sorry for your sons loss.It's like losing a family member.

April congrats on being a Grandma.That's great.

SAB, Good for you graduating from Tamoxofin to something else.Best of luck.

I've decided to go back on Tamoxofin as soon as I find a pharmacy that can guarantee me the Teva brand.

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited March 2014

So much to reply to--but right now I'm thinking of you, dear Kate!  I love the sound of your outfit, and I hope to see you and your fellas on the red carpet!

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited March 2014

Oh the dresses....we can talk tomorrow.

Kate - Thanks for thinking of me. Today was not too bad but we got 8 inches last night.

Sab - I will look that up. I need something easy that I can stretch and do.

• josie123
    edited March 2014

BUNKIE, 8 inches? Wow.We are supposed to get 4-7 inches between tonight and tomorrow.My kids are already off school Tommorow.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited March 2014

Hi all,
    Agreed - so much to catch up on.
    Back from my road trip to DC to spend the week end with my 2 grandsons.  They were wonderfully fun, well behaved and grateful for all we did.  We spoiled them to pieces of course...having not seen them since July.  We brought their Christmas gift and birthday gifts so it was all fun.  I miss them...but glad to be home.
    We are being spared a large snow storm in NY/LI overnight; so that means I'll have a cold wet commute in the AM.  Strangely, all the heavy snow will center on DC where we just left. 

Meanwhile, I am enjoying the Oscars and wishing I had seen more movies...(maybe 2 or 3 this past year). 

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited March 2014

Kate, so sorry for your son's loss. 

Sitting here enjoying the Oscars too.  We had a bit of an ice storm in Dallas this afternoon.  Crazy, crazy weather!

Hope you all have a good week.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited March 2014

Be safe, everyone, with all this wild weather.

• Lilyluv
    Lilyluv Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2014

hi all!  Just saw this and would like to hop on board with you ladies.  My last rad boost was on Friday.  I did the 3wk. Of whole breast and one week of boosts.  I didn't burn so far, but am sporting a nice tan.  Have a small patch of itchy red rash on chest .  They said that your skin and fatigue will peak this week and then gradually go away.  So I escaped major skin effects, but the fatigue is pretty bad.  Sometimes I'm too tired to sit up and have to lay down.  Just wiped out.  I exercise regularly and I couldn't wait to get off the treadmill.  But have had to use creams and cornstarch only a few times throughout treatment.  We go hiking in the mountains next month so hopefully some energy will come back.

• katehudson25
    edited March 2014

Josie, Big D, and runfree thanks so much for the support.

I turned down George Clooney for my neighbor Sharif. Sharif is a sweet 30 year old business dude who lives right next door. He loved my outfit. I was -girlie- girl sequinned and sparkly all over the place. I was a little disappointed in the show.I wanted jennifer lawrence for supporting actress and American Hustle for best movie.

My lymph massage went well. She gave me more exercisesto do on my own, and she wrapped my leg and doesn't want me to take it off till Wednesday. OMG I forgot to ask about showers, I feel like the therapy is helping. If only I could get this constipation under control

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited March 2014

Kate, Sharif sounds like a great date!  I bet you looked fantastic.  I love that Jennifer Lawrence too.  So glad your lymph massage was helpful.  Your cramping is gone after your surgery (I think--right?), but you still have the constipation because....wait, why?  I'm only asking because I'm wondering what is going to solve it.  What a terrible and distracting problem.