Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage 3 triple negative survivors over 3 years out

Options
13»

Comments

• BAT
    BAT Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2017
    Options

Bless all of you beautiful people!!

My apologies for not posting in a while. Just an update on my beautiful wife. She's two years and three months out after diagnosis and still all clear. Her doctor at OU Medical just removed her port yesterday...major milestone! She was initially a 2b so I need to change on profile...CHEMO reduced her tumor to a 1A status.

VR,

BAT

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hello

Thanks for posting everyone. I'm 19 months out and take each day as it comes. I love to hear that those with triple negative are getting more years in their rearview mirror. i hope to do the same

• Tammyp22
    Tammyp22 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2017
    Options

were u triple negative

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited July 2017
    Options

Tammy;22 if you are directing your question to me? First time I was not. This 2nd time yes. But back then they did not differentiate a lot between hormone positive and hormone negative. We either had it or not. Lumpectomy was considered a new approach.

I went to a major university hospital that had a breast cancer clinic (University of Chicago). I was given tamoxifen and it was considered experimental at the time. they had enough information to know that tamoxifen would help me. It did. I took it for 5 years.

• RTChris
    RTChris Member Posts: 17
    edited October 2017
    Options

diagnosed triple negative in July 2014 with an 8 cm tumor node negative disease when I was 46 years old.
    Had 8 cycles of chemo [4 FEC and 4 docetaxol] followed by a mastectomy and 5 weeks (25 fractions) of radiation.
    I am almost 3 years out and have just lived my life. Things have been good. :)

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 768
    edited October 2017
    Options

Thanks for sharing, RTChris. Smile

Lyn

• Meggy
    Meggy Member Posts: 74
    edited October 2017
    Options

I think I was stage 3....the neoadjuvent wiped out the positive nodes so well that they can't know how many were positive. I'm nearly 10 years out. Will be ten years this coming February. I'm so exciting for everyone that there is talk of a vaccine for TNBC. That is just amazing. Hugs to you all.

• vlh
    vlh Member Posts: 768
    edited November 2017
    Options

Spotter, Meggy!

Lyn