Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage IIb and 5+ years out, anyone?

Options

Comments

• MamaOz
    MamaOz Member Posts: 239
    edited March 2019
    Options

Leftdue

thanks for the vit D / calcium tip!

• Houston2016
    Houston2016 Member Posts: 248
    edited March 2019
    Options

runrcrb, thanks for sharing. I have a PS but somehow I think he's not really talking to me about diep in detail. I know everyone recovers differently. The main things I am concerned about is recurrence.

• Runrcrb
    Runrcrb Member Posts: 202
    edited March 2019
    Options

Houston- I have never read or heard of a connection between DIEP and recurrence. My instinct says that is an urban legend. Again, talk to your doctors. PM me if you want to talk more or see pictures.

• lezza13
    lezza13 Member Posts: 579
    edited April 2019
    Options

This June will be 7 years and counting! Stage 2B, 3 positive lymph nodes. A double mastectomy with no reconstruction ( of which I am happy about) 3 rounds chemo T/C and no rads.

I am still on Tamoxifen with those not so fun hot flashes. Still wonder if I have to stay on it for 3 more years. Still get phantom pain but happy to be alive and breast free.

Nice to see other ladies on this forum.

• thinkingpositive
    thinkingpositive Member Posts: 564
    edited April 2019
    Options

congratulations! I am approaching the 5 year mark. I was a 2 A Grade 3. Had 4 rounds of TC no rads. 1 positive node.

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited April 2019
    Options

7 yrs out. Recurred 3 1/2 yrs... but another 3 1/2 yrs...after surgery, rads and chemo II ...and here I yam. Working, raising a then 2 yr old now 9. On vacation ....its worth it.

• AKJ
    AKJ Member Posts: 115
    edited May 2019
    Options

Stage 2b here. Just hit the 5 year mark. Everything’s a-ok

• jo6359
    jo6359 Member Posts: 2,009
    edited May 2019
    Options

AKJ- congratulations on your 5-year mark.

• lezza13
    lezza13 Member Posts: 579
    edited May 2019
    Options

Stage 2b here. 7 years this June

• nora_az
    nora_az Member Posts: 391
    edited May 2019
    Options

Coming up on 9 years this September. IIa grade 3. Triple Positive. No recurrance (finger's crossed!)

• flannelette2
    flannelette2 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2019
    Options

11 years out. So far so good, far as I can tell. I am here looking for ruthbru, who years ago had a home remedy for arthritis involving raisins soaked in gin. Ruthbru knew the kind of raisins, kind of gin, and how and why it works. We started out here a long time ago, and she's still here, enjoying games! I'm amazed I remembered her name, but it came to me as I started typing.

• Houston2016
    Houston2016 Member Posts: 248
    edited June 2019
    Options

congratulations to all ladies on this post, I would like to know how do you all monitor your breast with annual exam, mammogram, MRI or both? I had mammogram done in04/2018 that said dense tissue with benign calcification, then I did a US show normal. This year the I opted to do just full right breast US but I want MRI done for bilateral chest but the surgeon keep insisting that I do a Mammogram like its their protocol. I asked what's they look for if it's too dense. The nurse said Dr just don't want to look at MRI too many things on there. What do you think? Thank you.

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    edited June 2019
    Options

10 years out, Stage 2A, triple positive. I'm lucky, I don't worry about recurrence but I think that's because I don't have children. If I had children and grandchildren it would be very different. So glad I could live through my greatest fear--getting breast cancer and going through treatment--I told my oncologist that I would rather be dead than take chemo but I did fine with it. I had wonderful doctors, nurses, just everyone. Stopped arimidex at 7.5 years. Finally lost my chemo weight gain of 45 lbs. Ladies, you can do it and I know you are doing it.

• bcat34
    bcat34 Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2019
    Options

7 years out today!

• jo6359
    jo6359 Member Posts: 2,009
    edited June 2019
    Options

Bcat- congratulations.

• simplelife4real
    simplelife4real Member Posts: 341
    edited October 2019
    Options

I just recently passed the six year mark NED. I had triple negative breast cancer stage 2B. I had cancer remaining in my lymph nodes after neoadjuvant chemotherapy. I'm here to say that there is hope for anyone in that circumstance.

• rambros
    rambros Member Posts: 17
    edited October 2019
    Options

I was stage 2b and just got to 5 years past my diagnosis date! I was diagnosed at age 36, 3.5 cm grade 3 tumor with 1cm lymph node. Oncotype score was 19.

Had a bilateral mastectomy (ended up with surgical complications so also had a lat flap surgery with reconstruction), chemo, radiation, and ovaries removed. Now I'm almost halfway thru 10 years of letrozole.

When I was going through everything my goal was to be done with active treatment before my 5 year started kindergarten. I did finish a few weeks before school started so I got to walk him in with my super short hair. Now he's a 4th grader and my younger son is in 1st grade. I'm so thankful for this time I've had & all of the memories we've made and hope to be here (and healthy) when they graduate.

Love reading these stories of so many of us living well after breast cancer. I know it gave me a lot of hope in the early days. 😊

Take care

• Molly50
    Molly50 Member Posts: 3,008
    edited October 2019
    Options

Stage 2b 2.1 cm ER/PR + tumor in left breast with two pos lymph nodes (one was 1.7 cm) and lymphvascular invasion. Mastectomy and radiation were completed by the end of December 2015 so I am 4 years out from diagnosis. I have been on AI's for 4 years this month. First Arimidex and then exemestane. Arimidex was a nightmare for me.

• colt45
    colt45 Member Posts: 381
    edited November 2019
    Options

Wife is 7 years out and doing well

• Nas
    Nas Member Posts: 76
    edited November 2019
    Options

Molly congratulations 🥰I always remember how you helped me by answering all my pms patiently when I was just diagnosed and scared.. wish you many many more healthy years

Colt, a big hug for your wife and for you as well for being such a supportive spouse .. my husband has been next to me in all the steps of this crazy journey ..I know how it can be hard for spouses and family to see their loved ones going through dark days,

• cubbieblue
    cubbieblue Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2019
    Options

October was 5 years since diagnosis of Stage 2B 1 cm ER/PR+ tumor in left breast with lymphovascular invasion and positive nodes (one was twice as big as the tumor!) Lumpectomy, chemo, radiation and anastrozole -- probably for 10 yrs. Happy to hit the 5 year mark and can say that I finally have days where I don't think about cancer.

• nancy2581
    nancy2581 Member Posts: 407
    edited November 2019
    Options

Five years out. Chemo, rads tamoxifen and now letrozole. Go see my oncologist next month. I was 51 when diagnosed and now I’m 57.

• bcat34
    bcat34 Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2020
    Options

8 years out from official diagnosis today -- I am so grateful!

(My tumor was large at 4.1cm x 3.9cm x 2.5cm and I had one confirmed node. My chart noted an 8cm tumor.)

• bcincolorado
    bcincolorado Member Posts: 4,700
    edited June 2020
    Options

Congrats BCat34!!!

• helplesslyhoping
    helplesslyhoping Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2020
    Options

I am five years out, stage IIB. Was diagnosed in April 2015. Having some weird Pagets-like issues on the other side that I am having checked next week. I'm here!

• ampmusic14
    ampmusic14 Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2020
    Options

I know there isn't much action on this forum anymore, but I'm thankful it was here in the first place.

I was diagnosed this year at 37 yrs old with a large 4.8cm tumor, invasive dcis, ER/PR+, HER2-, no lymph node involvement. But I'm stage 2 grade 3 with an oncotype of 37. I should also state, highly estrogen positive. I first had a bilateral mastectomy and chemo after which I just finished.

Recurrence scares the crap out of me especially because I have 2 small children, so I'm glad to read stories of people with similar diagnosis. My fiance isn't the greatest at listening or understanding and just keeps saying that I'm fine. But anxiety can be a bitch! All of the stories on here have made me feel better. I appreciate everyone for sharing.

I hope people keep sharing their survival stories and hope I can share mine!

• bcincolorado
    bcincolorado Member Posts: 4,700
    edited October 2020
    Options

The fear never goes away I do not think not matter what. I am further out than you are now and still had a scare on my non-cancer side this year at my mamogram and was about in tears during testing. If do nt feel you can vent to anyone else there are people here who know what you are going through and understand Steam Room for Anger is a good forum too when you just need to vent sometimes!!! Hang in there!!! Best wishes for continued NED!!!

• colt45
    edited December 2020
    Options

Husband/ caregiver just checking in. My wife is now 8 years out and doing great. Prayers of good health to all.🙏🏻🙏🏻

• colt45
    edited December 2020
    Options

Ampmusic14,

There is a thread called “Scares that turned out to be nothing” that might be helpful to you.

• ctmbsikia
    ctmbsikia Member Posts: 755
    edited December 2020
    Options

That's great Colt45. In 2 more years I will dig up this thread and post the all clear! Coming right up on 3 yrs and I just want to be done.