Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Brain Mets Sisters

Options
1273274275276277279»

Comments

• tougholdcrow
    tougholdcrow Member Posts: 27
    Options

@puffin2014 I trust the treatment will work. You have had such beauty in your life, and you will always have the flowers and the birds. Thanks for sharing that.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,615
    Options

puffin, I'm so sorry. I wish I could give you a hug.

Carol

• puffin2014
    puffin2014 Member Posts: 943
    Options

Radiology was able to reschedule my radiation from Tuesday to Monday. And my caregiver was also able to switch to Monday. Tuesday I will have no therapies in preparation for a pet scan on Wednesday. So things are moving right along.

My HomeHealth supervisor was here this morning and has me using my albuterol inhaler regularly throughout the day which has helped my shortness of breath.

The occupational therapist came over the noon hour and brought putty for me to work and roll with my right hand. Then she buried 10 beads in the putty and I had to dig and retrieve them all out. So I will have that to work on this weekend.

Then this afternoon the physical therapist came and took me to our gym and had me work on the nu step machine to work arms and legs.

So now I am relaxed in the recliner watching TV until bedtime because I am exhausted

• tougholdcrow
    Options

@puffin2014 I hope the scan goes well next week and that the radiation helps and that the birds keep singing.

• puffin2014
    Options

My right hand and arm are worse today after radiation, basically useless. Legs are so weak I'm having trouble pushing off the toilet so our maintenance man is working on bars that actually attach to the toilet seat.

Doing my prep work for tomorrow's Pet scan - drinking my 64 oz of plain water and eating low carb supper.

A neighbor brought over her pill cutter and cut up my decadron pills for weaning the dose over the next 3 weeks. That should help my sleeping and swollen feet.

• tougholdcrow
    Options

@puffin2014 Sorry to hear about these physical difficulties and I hope you get some relief.

• sunshine99
    Options

puffin, why the low carb before your PET scan? Is that something I should be doing?

• puffin2014
    Options

My PET scan involves getting an injection of radioactive glucose, then I lay still for 50" while it distributes in my body. Then I go thru the scanner to see where the glucose concentrated. Since it's a measured amount of glucose I was to have no dietary sugar the night before or morning of the test

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,148
    Options

Emac, I am sorry I missed the Apr 23 post. Yes, your cognition will come back, your brain is just inflamed and that can affect thought etc. I had problems with cognition for a few weeks post WBR but it came back for me, it should for you. Ask your doctor if you can record advice on your phone so you can hear it more than once, get the sticky notes app on your phone, you can use it for grocery list, appointments, can help remind you of things coming up. I went through this myself and it is frustrating but it takes weeks. Your brain will settle down. For a while notes, keep lists of what you need to do for the day and keep doing that as well. Good that you have another person. Record the questions you want to ask on the phone as well, super helpful, most docs should have no problem with that. Get post its for home as well. I am in your pocket, look forward to improvement, it should not last forever.

• puffin2014
    Options

I've always been a big list maker, and now that I can't write with my right hand I've been dictating my lists, etc into a notes section of my phone, then copying and pasting the note into an email that I send to myself so I can print it off my laptop.

I dictated a note for the nurse to give to the dr to read before he came in to see me titled "this is how I am worse since I was discharged from the hospital last week". They had wanted to wait a month to repeat the MRI and I knew I was getting worse every day. The plan changed quickly after he read my print out, and I had my tumor mapping MRI the next day and radiation 6 days later, and my PET scan in another 2 days, which showed no other tumors

• tougholdcrow
    Options

@puffin2014 It seems you have had good news? I keep notes between doctor's visits to make sure I touch base on everything.

• puffin2014
    Options

tougholdcrow: yes, I had good news with my Pet scan - no other tumors found! Also, today was the first day I started showing improvement since radiation. I can do a little more with my hand today

• tougholdcrow
    Options

@puffin2014 I am so glad to hear this. I hope there is steady improvement now.

• sunshine99
    Options

@puffin2014 thank you for the info on the glucose. I just had to fast, but no mention was made of the low carb. I'll ask before my next scan.