Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

If you are not Stage IV but have questions, you may post here

Options
1167168169170171173»

Comments

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    Options

Hello, I'm back to learn and maybe get comfort from this caring and generous group. It's been 11.5 yrs since stage 2 TN BRCA1 dx (mastectomies, chemo, rads, hysterectomy). Almost 4 weeks ago I started to have pain in left hip, my neck and a little in my left shoulder. It's when I turn my neck side to side and up and down. I did the usual ice/heat, meds, chiro, massages and waited about 3 weeks before going to oncologist. Hoping it was a pulled muscle or something. Last week I went to onc who ordered a bone scan for this Wednesday. When your cancer has set up shop in the bone, what does it feel like? Is it always there and dull or with movement or a mixed bag? I've had a lot of scared in the last 11 years but this one has me spooked bc of the pain and suddenness of it and lasting this long. I appreciate all your support you give. xo

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    edited March 30
    Options

Glad I found this thread. I have not been diagnosed stage four, but I'm in a lot of fear right now. I developed a cough with no post nasal drip at the end of January. I also had COVID in August that left a lingering cough for a couple months. Beginning of Feb. the Jan cough got worse, but I did have a runny nose and am still blowing clear stuff out of my nose. I went to the PCP and he ordered prednisone and the "pearls" because my lungs sounded clear. I went through both and while they did help lessen the deep tickle in my chest, I'm still coughing. I did cough up some phlegm in the beginning, but not now. I use Flonaise, but stopped a couple days ago. Lozenges help a lot and so does the humidifier at night. As a matter of fact, i had it on full blast last night and I felt amazing this morning with little to no coughing.

The pollen has been between 10 and 11 count since the start of January here and I know several people with a cough they can't get rid of. One told me she's had it for 3 months! My best friend has had it for just a week or two less than me.

I'm not like them though since I have a breast cancer history. I contacted my MO on Thursday to see if she wanted me to not do the x-ray but maybe something else, she had her assistant call me and tell me "the x-ray is a good place to start" I saw her at the beginning of January and my blood work very good.

My PCP did give me orders for an x-ray if needed, so I went for an x-ray on Friday with "post viral cough syndrome" as a prognosis, and I got notice today that the results are in my health chart online. I'm scared to death to look at it! He won't see it until Monday, so I'm thinking I'll ignore it and no news is good news, and I can enjoy my weekend. Dumb I know, but while I do know that my body has always hung onto a cough, I just can't believe that this is nothing! I don't have shortness of breath, I go to the gym 3x a week and get on the elliptical for 45 min each time. PTSD big time.

Thanks for listening

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

@homemom, we're so very sorry you're here and worrying. We don't have much to offer except lots of hugs and support while you wait. Sending you good vibes that there's nothing but some allergies to worry about. Please keep us posted!

—The Mods

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    Options

Thank you Mods! I'm hoping for no phone calls tomorrow from my PCP! If it is clear I will just have a message in my inbox. Fingers crossed and praying hard!