Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

5 year survivors, post your screen name here!

Options

Comments

• pip57
    pip57 Member Posts: 7,080
    edited January 2013
    Options

I love these stories.  I feel like a newbie as I come up to my 6th year.

• carmelle
    carmelle Member Posts: 133
    edited January 2013
    Options

Lindalou that is amazing insiring news to plenty I'm sure.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,996
    edited January 2013
    Options

This topic always makes us smile. Congratulations on every one of your milestones!

• DCMom
    DCMom Member Posts: 77
    edited January 2013
    Options

Yay!!  Finally get to post here.  January 17 made 5 years for me.  Stage IIIA ER+ PR+  4/13 nodes.

• Shari0707
    Shari0707 Member Posts: 260
    edited January 2013
    Options

Yay to u DCmom.. That's awesome!!!!

• liv-
    liv- Member Posts: 272
    edited January 2013
    Options

way to go dc mom - congratultions xx

• Hattie
    Hattie Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2013
    Options

7 years plus from dx. Icing on the cake!

Take care,

Hattie

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084
    edited January 2013
    Options

I was so grateful to reach the 15-year mark! Two months before 16-year anniversary, was diagnosed with a new primary DX. This time, diagnosed very early so no chemo and with all the advancements since then, this has been so much easier. Having bilateral reconstruction this time and my BS and PS are both females adding to an overall better experience. Cancer has given me self-confidence: in troubling times, tell myself I have beat cancer so I can do anything!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084
    edited January 2013
    Options

Forgot to mention I was 41 at 1st DX with an almost-3--year daughter, 57 at time of 2nd DX (excuse me, my 1st post here).

• moderators
    edited January 2013
    Options

You are all such bright lights in this community! Thank you for sharing your inspiring stories!!!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    edited January 2013
    Options

Congratulations, all of you! You don't know how wonderful it is to see your posts. While so many here come to get support for all the emotional and physical SE it's great to see the positive, people living their lives and surviving. (almost 3 year survivor, 2.5 years NED and still counting).

• liv-
    liv- Member Posts: 272
    edited January 2013
    Options

2nd time  - hello ((hugs))  you have been around the ringer and no doubt half know what to expect.

welcome and like to hear your journey too.

x

• icandothis
    icandothis Member Posts: 70
    edited February 2013
    Options

Today is my 5 yr cancerversary

These boards kept me glued together.

Thank you so much, moderators and members

• suemed8749
    suemed8749 Member Posts: 210
    edited February 2013
    Options

Congragtulations icandothis - from one Sue to another! 

• pip57
    pip57 Member Posts: 7,080
    edited February 2013
    Options

ICanDoThis...yes you can!!

• blackjack
    blackjack Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2013
    Options

Congrats to all of you who are past the 5 yr anniversary. I am 6 yrs out and ran my first marathon and finished 26.2 miles too. So keep on living and enjoy....life is good:))

Blackjack 

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    edited February 2013
    Options

I saw blackjack run that marathon. She ran right past my block! She looked great!

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited February 2013
    Options

WooHoo... 5 years for me tomorrow!!!  My first biopsy was 2/1/08, and I got the results on 2/5/08.  In some ways, it seems like a lifetime ago.  

I can't thank Dr. Marisa Weiss and BCO enough for the support this website provides.  Not only did it save my sanity throughout my bc journey, but it has allowed me to connect with so many bc-sisters who have since become friends.  I can't imagine going through bc without BCO!        Deanna

• Concernedmomof2
    Concernedmomof2 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Options

You women are amazing! and I am so happy to hear great news for all of you.

I am waiting for my biopsy results from 1/31/13.  You stories make BC not so terrifying....cheers to many many more years!!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,812
    edited February 2013
    Options

I'm just a month shy of 6 years now, and finally feel human again!

• moderators
    edited February 2013
    Options

Congratulations on all your milestones!  Such an inspiring thread.  

Deanna and others we are so glad that BCO supported on every step of  your bc journey.

(((The Mods)))

• crazydaisy
    crazydaisy Member Posts: 100
    edited March 2013
    Options

Yea! Give me high 5 as well!!!!! Hello to all the old familiar faces!! Was just reading one of my old threads last nite......I guess I needed revisiting......5 years, wow!

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hi! everyone , Good Morning from India. Its been quite long I could not touch  with you all. I am feeling  really good to see posting  of new topics from  many new comers and also  the new looks of the Forum.  I am a survivor   with Stage-II  BC, no idea for  Grade going to be 8 yrs. in  April,2013. Initially what I thought was that  I will be survived  only 5 yrs. as I got  Tamoxifan for 2 yrs. and Arimidex for 3 yrs.(5 yrs) medication. Now I am on normal life. 

• moderators
    edited March 2013
    Options

High fives all around! It feels like every new post on this thread is a celebration we can all share. Congratulations!

• lornauk
    lornauk Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hello from the UK!

I am 10 years on from diagnosis this September. Where does the time go!

This site really saved my sanity when I was diagnosed and going through treatment. Its so refreshing to see so many names on this list.

Got a bit of a blip and having tests, just a PET/CT scan now....Drs being cautious! Undecided

• sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hey, Lorna! My first-ever cyber-friend!

We got to know each other in bc.org chatrooms almost 10 years ago - those were the days!

I hope your 'blip' is just that and everything will be fine.

Hugs,

Sam xx

• Minnesota
    Minnesota Member Posts: 604
    edited March 2013
    Options

It will be seven years for me in May. I've met so many awesome women on bc.org! Have spent lots of time on breast recon threads. Thank you so much for this amazing resource!

• tarheelmichelle
    tarheelmichelle Member Posts: 248
    edited March 2013
    Options

5 years ago, on Valentine's Day, I heard "probably cancer" from a surgeon. This week marks my 5-year lumpectomy anniversary. Stage I is now Stage IV, and I fight intense pain and worry. And yet, I still have my natural breasts and my ovaries. Made it this far without chemo or Tamoxifen. Every day, we ALL move closer to our earthly departure. I'm not going to hang out by the exit door. Not while there's a bar and a dance floor!

• pinkest
    pinkest Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2013
    Options

8 years and 2 months since surgery, NED. No one knows what lies ahead, but for now, I cherish the right here, right now, and wish for everyone here to surpass the 8-year mark by far.

• moderators
    edited March 2013
    Options

WOW! Five new posts on this thread since this time yesterday and a total of about forty years among just the five of you. What an inspiration!