Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Another Navelbine Success Story....

LuAnnH
LuAnnH Member Posts: 348

I walked into the onc office this morning and my onc was speaking with the receptionist and I said good morning and his words back wre Good News!!!  I asked "how good is good news?" and he said it was excellent and better than he expected.

Apparently all the nodules that were lighting up last time no longer light up.  Those nodules in my lungs have decreased dramatically.  In fact any other spots that had lit up on my bones even last time is no longer lighting.  The only downside of the scan is there was on node that seemed to look like it was trying to do something but it is just something they will loook at on the next scan to see what it is trying to do.

We are going to continue with the navelbine (even though I hate it and makes me feel like crap) for a few more cycles.  He wants me to stay on it until perzubatab is released by the FDA.  I said that I wouldn't pu all my eggs in the basket of the FDA,.  I said I'll give it another mogh or rwo then we are going to figure out sometthing else.

Comments

• Tiger_Blood
    Tiger_Blood Member Posts: 83
    edited April 2012

Success! That OHC sure know how to get regression!

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited April 2012

This is really wonderful. You must be just thrilled with this news.

*susan* 

• jcb51
    jcb51 Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2012

LuAnn, I am so happy for you! If the SE's continue to be a serious problem, talk to your onc about reducing the dosage.

Jan

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,808
    edited April 2012

LuAnn, that's definitely Good News!! Congratulations!  Smile

Your Mods

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited April 2012

I'm so happy for your news, LuAnn! Navelbine's your nasty friend all right!Smile

• cheery
    cheery Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2012

Congrats!

Hang in there. Navelbine put me into NED for the past 3 yearsWink

FYI, Navelbine dosage, if I recall my doc's words correctly, is based on a person's weight.

• redwolf8812
    redwolf8812 Member Posts: 580
    edited April 2012

Yay!  God is so good!

• jeanne46
    jeanne46 Member Posts: 52
    edited April 2012

LuAnn, that is great news. Keep on stamping out those crummy cells! Wahoo.

• 3littlegirls
    3littlegirls Member Posts: 17
    edited April 2012

Sucks it comes with SE but hey regression is the best words a cancer gal can hear.  Except "your all clear there's been a mistake you never had cancer".  

• ma111
    ma111 Member Posts: 167
    edited April 2012

Congratulations! I hope the other is approved soon as the SE's of navelbine suck.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited April 2012

Fantastic news LuAnn!

Dawn

• LilSchatzie
    LilSchatzie Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2012

Great News!!! So happy for you!

• JeninMichigan
    JeninMichigan Member Posts: 51
    edited April 2012

LuAnn

Wonderful news!!   Navelbine is one bad boyfriend!!  I know you will look forward to dumping him when something easier to deal with shows up but for now it looks like it was well worth putting up with him.

Come on FDA.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer

• Anne45
    Anne45 Member Posts: 52
    edited April 2012

Terrific news!!!

• cheryl1946
    cheryl1946 Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2012

YAY! Wonderful news!

• sincitydealer
    sincitydealer Member Posts: 51
    edited April 2012

YAY, LuAnn!!!  Navelbine might be hard on you, but it's been hard on those crummy cancer cells, too.  I hope the SE's get easier!  LOVE to read this good news!

Peggy

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited April 2012

Congrats on the good news LuAnn but sorry about the SE's.  Sorry about that

• mthomp2020
    mthomp2020 Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2012

That is fantastic news!  It certainly helps the se's be more bearable when you know it's actually doing something!

• Fitztwins
    Fitztwins Member Posts: 144
    edited April 2012

That is Wonderful!!!!!

• eag1954
    eag1954 Member Posts: 119
    edited April 2012

Sorry that the chemo makes you feel like crap, but so happy for the good news!

• Runnr
    Runnr Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2012

Love the good news!

• tooyoungtohavebc
    tooyoungtohavebc Member Posts: 65
    edited April 2012

Excellent news! Congrats!

• LouiseBogle
    LouiseBogle Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2012

Great news, thrilled for you

• chele
    chele Member Posts: 132
    edited April 2012

Yay!

• china
    china Member Posts: 56
    edited April 2012

Wonderful news. I am happy that Navelbine has knocked the crap out of your mets. Good luck with your tmt and may it continue to bring you awesome news. Hugs. it is so great to hear that something is working. Dawn

• katie31
    katie31 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2012

Im really Delighted for u.

• Thriver601
    Thriver601 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2019

Hey that is hopeful!!! I will be starting this treatment tomorrow trying to kill my liver Mets that have been resilient to treatments. Let’s keep up the fight!!!

• JFL
    JFL Member Posts: 1,373
    edited April 2019

Thriver, I just had my first dose of Navelbine this afternoon. There is a "Navigating Navelbine" thread that I have started to follow. It is not too active as this is not a widely used drug but I hope you will check out the thread and post about your experience there. I have been trying to get the thread going again. I really do not know too much about Navelbine but have heard about a few people that did very well on the drug for a long time. I have also been told it is pretty tolerable. Hoping that will be the case!

Below is a link to the "Navigating Navelbine" thread:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/790520?page=15#idx_430

• Thriver601
    Thriver601 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2019

JFL thanks for the thread ! Treatment was 10 minutes, feeling tired the usual chemo day effect. Will definitely keep the thread informed. Faith