Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Root canals & breast cancer

Options
1235»

Comments

• juneping
    juneping Member Posts: 634
    edited April 2015
    Options

I never had root canals and I had BC. I don't have Mercury filling as well. I have two fillings which was those composite paste

• summerangel
    summerangel Member Posts: 182
    edited April 2015
    Options

No root canals, just one or two small fillings and no Mercury at all. My mom had tons of tooth issues and a mouth full of Mercury most of her life and never had cancer of any kind.

• new2bc
    new2bc Member Posts: 252
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi everyone,

I was listening to an episode from "the truth about cancer" and one of the doctors stated that 95% of females with breast cancer have a dental involvement (either root canal or mercury fillings). I have both of them and so far I have tried to stay away from doing anything about them. The number 95% scared me. I asked this question a few weeks ago but only one person answered. I am going to change my question:

DO YOU HAVE EITHER ROOT CANALS OR MERCURY FILLINGS?

Please update this forum and let me know. Changing the fillings and taking the root canals out and finding replacement is going to cost a lot and you have to go to a biological dentist. If you update this forum, then I get the courage to make this change. Thank you everyone for taking the time to update.

• Lojo
    Lojo Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2015
    Options

I personally think this is another bogus correlation. I've never had a root canal or mercury fillings and still got BC. You have to also recognize that nearly everyone born from the 30s to the 70s had mercury fillings if they needed fillings, but not everyone got BC. I think it's a scam to get people to pay lots of money to replace their fillings.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited April 2015
    Options

New2BC, I have neither (iron teeth). The Truth About Cancer thing has a lot of sketchy people in it, so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

• new2bc
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thanks Momine,

I am glad I finished all the episodes. I was most impressed with Dr. Gonzales.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited April 2015
    Options

Dr. Gonzales may be one of the more serious ones, on balance, but even he has some seriously unsupportable ideas. Det er ikke seriøst.

• Madzia
    Madzia Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    Options

Several root canals. I believe in removing those as well as in detox. This is a link to the best in my opinion detoxification products. 100% organic.

Edited by Mods to remove promotional link. Please PM this member for details, if you're interested.

• new2bc
    edited January 2016
    Options

bump

• holisticdentistry10
    holisticdentistry10 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020
    Options

Thank you very much

• VioletKali
    VioletKali Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2021
    Options

Never had a root canal, NEVER had a filling. I see my hygienist every 4-6 months like clockwork.

DX at age 31, no family history, BRCA -

• dutchiegirl
    dutchiegirl Member Posts: 76
    edited December 2021
    Options

I talked to my dentist about it, when the documentary “Root Cause” came out. I was really upset to think there could be a correlation between my very bad teeth and breast cancer. I’ve had sooo much work done over the years, including numerous root canals. The dentist informed me that, not only was there no basis for this thinking, the documentary had been pulled from Netflix. I believe the ADA had something to do with that. I’m glad it got pulled - I’ve got enough to worry about