Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Bone Mets Thread

1951952953954955957»

Comments

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,605

Hello to everyone and thank you all for the many well wishes and kind thoughts you send my way. It truly helps lift my spirits.

The results of the lumbar puncture test show cancer cells are in the cerebral lining of the brain. It is not an unexpected result. The radiologist has ordered 10 rounds of whole brain radiation. I had the mapping for it done today and was to have my first treatment but my spine was way too tender by this afternoon to lay flat for even 15 minutes for the treatment. So I will begin tomorrow. I’m going to have to coordinate taking pain medicine with the timing of the treatment so I can lay there long enough.

I’m still waiting to hear from the oncologist about what kind of treatment on her end I will receive. The onc team was in today but I was out of the room for testing so missed them. I imagine they will be back tomorrow.

So I’m in the hospital now but won’t need to stay for all the treatments. But it may be a few days before I’m home again. I’m tired but glad to be at this point with some answers and part of a plan. The hospital is such a busy place it’s hard to get much rest here!

I guess it’s called leptomeningeal carcinoma.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,553

@divinemrsm we are sending you tons of strength and hugs. We have a number of people in our zoom groups who have had WBR, if you need some contacts, please private message us. We're here for you 😍

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,042

@divinemrsm That sucks but I'm glad they have a plan. As difficult as the WBR sounds, I know some women here who have had it and have gone to live full lives for many years with the cancer quiet after radiation. Stay strong. You are in my prayers whether you like it or not😘

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 584

@divinemrsm, I am so glad that a plan is being put together for you. I am so sorry about the lepto. Hospitals are the worst when all you want is some sleep. I will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,643

Hello Divine - Thanks so much for updating us on your situation; especially when you are in the middle of such tiring and stressful procedures. It does sound like positive progress that you're making and that's a real good thing. I imagine your oncologist does also have a plan to complement the brain radiation, and that you will learn about it before too long. "Ain't it the truth" about not being able to rest in a hospital! They're always in and out and wanting you to do something. I hope you get home soon, where you can have a real, true, and good rest. Thinking of you with fingers crossed and healing thoughts.

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 189

@divinemrsm - Hope you feel better with the pain meds and are able to start the brain radiation tomorrow. Sending you lots of prayers 🙏🙏 and well wishes.