Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Weekly Taxol for Stage 4

Options
1828384858688»

Comments

• ninaca
    ninaca Member Posts: 228
    Options

GG27 Sounds like this drug is working for you- had to look it up, new to me. It's targeted for PD-L1 mutations? Keep up the progress!! Sometimes I can't decide if my feet are hot or cold. I need to put on socks, then I really need to take them off and stick out from under my blankets.

• fight4two
    fight4two Member Posts: 34
    Options

Hi! I’ve just finished my 6th cycle of abraxane, 3 weeks on and 1 week off. I’ve been icing my hands and feet to hopefully keep neuropathy at bay, but my big toe nails have been sore and appear to be lifting. Well now one of my big toe nails is bleeding. It doesn’t hurt too much unless something touches it, even lightly, and then it’s excrutiating. I tried to put neosporin under my nail and now can’t tell if the thick looking stuff under my nail is neosporin or an infection/pus or what. I can’t tell where the bleeding is coming from, either deep under the lifted nail or from the side of the nail. Is this from neuropathy?? Should I see a podiatrist or will the chemo nurse know what to do or who should I see?? I’m most worried about infection due to low blood counts. Any home remedies or advice welcome!

• GG27
    GG27 Member Posts: 1,308
    Options

fight4two, I started having problems with my toe nails around cycle 10, I showed my MO & she suggested a podiatrist, but I decided to see my GP first. She was great about seeing me every 2 weeks. She was able to get the problem nails under control & now having completed cycle 15, my nails are in good shape. But I still have terrible neuropathy which I'm hoping will get somewhat better.

• ninaca
    Options

fight4two, I had lifting and bleeding toenails while on Xeloda and went to a podiatrist who cut away the nail so the infection could heal. It was the right thing for me. At first I sent a photo and was then able to get an urgent appointment. I had a lot of damage done to my toes on Xeloda so it seems mild on Taxol- On my 25th infusion this week. I do have zentoes, rubber sheaths, to cover individaul toes if they are bothering me (sensitive to getting blisters). Hope you heal soon. I do have neuropathy, but then again so much better than when I was on Xeloda. Just numb on the bottom and a few toes. I still ice hands and feel for each infusion.

• fight4two
    fight4two Member Posts: 34
    Options

Thanks Ninaca and gg27 for your replies! I have an appointment to see a podiatrist Wednesday morning and I hope he can set me on a path towards healing

• berndatteire
    berndatteire Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi all,

You might remember that I'm a hormone receptor-negative, HER2+ metastatic breast cancer patient receiving Paclitaxel Pertuzumab and Trastuzumab on the first week of each cycle, Paclitaxel on the second week and then a third week off. I have osteoporosis that predates this relapse and take a Prolia (Denosumab) 60mg injection to protect my bones. This is my first injection while on chemotherapy and I'm wondering if it's safe? My doctor said it was fine, but didn't really stop to think about it and I'd value a second opinion if anyone has had any experience!

Thanks and all the best,

Bernadette

• dancingdiva
    dancingdiva Member Posts: 317
    Options

hi I’m on xeloda right now but my doc is changing me to taxol. I was Ibrance for 6 yrs before Xeloda for 6 Months. I thought we were out on Taxol when nothing else works. And there’s nothing left to try. I know this is depressing. Has anyone else been through this? I thought there would be a lot more treatments before taxol. Sorry I’m really down.

• ninaca
    Options

dancing diva- I was switched from Xeloda to Taxol in November. My markers went from 2200 down to 58. Of course now they are gradually going up so I may be considering Enhertu which just received FDA approval after the successful Destiny Trial presented in June (it is good for low Her2 on on IHC test). Taxol is not the final treatment, although I did get a port and lost my hair, and I thought it might be my last one too. There are more treatments becoming available.

• ninaca
    Options

Dancing Diva, I've been told I can take a 2 month vacation from Taxol if I want to (it's been 9 months and I'm stable now). my MO said I should enjoy a few months of feeling good. Of course the cancer will probably be back sooner than if I just continue on the Taxol but he thinks I should take an "older age" QOL break. He is excited about Enhertu which has been FDA approved for Her2 low, and I am Her2 low (it shows up on an IHC test, not the FISH test). Using drug conjugates is the newest thing on the market that is showing great progress for many different types of cancer. It has shown a 52% improvement over regular chem. I"m looking positively at the market out there.

• ninaca
    Options

How long has anyone stayed on weekly Taxol (paclitaxel)? I've been on it since November, have had 28 infusions, 3 weeks on one week off. My markers are going up and I was wondering how long is it safe to stay on the drug?

Thanks,