Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

For Arimidex (Anastrozole) users, new, past, and ongoing

Comments

• mactaz
    mactaz Member Posts: 592

Thanks Hikinglady, I was thinking it might be that. I don’t know what everyone else feels, but sometimes the implant side just feels weird, that’s the only way to explain it. I assume the reconstructed side is still healing, still don’t have much feeling in it but that is the one where I get little electric shocks run through it and the itchy and numbness are more prevalent.

• InnaB2018
    InnaB2018 Member Posts: 766

I am on Anastrozole since December of last year. Doing ok, but a few weeks ago I started to feel pain in my fingers when I bend them. On my right hand middle finger began to click. I am foreseeing a trigger finger in a really near future. The problem is, I have lymphedema on that arm. Freaking out a little bit, because as far as I know the only treatments for trigger fingers is a surgery.

Did anyone experience something similar? What did you do? Any advise is appreciated.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

had trigger thumb when I first started. PCP did a cortisone injection, hasn’t bothered me since. 7 years ago.

• InnaB2018
    InnaB2018 Member Posts: 766

Spookiesmom, that sounds great! Was the injection painful?

• spookiesmom

notreally. There is lidocaine in it, and that comes out as the needle goes in, numbing as it goes. That was my LE side at the time.

• egregious
    egregious Member Posts: 145

Hey PontiacPeggy,

Big congratulations on five years! Way to go! I was just thinking of you today, your motto of Everything is doable - not easy, but doable. Wise words.

I had a clean one year mammogram and am very grateful for all the love and support from so many folks over the last year. It's been quite a time.

Susan

• pontiacpeggy
    pontiacpeggy Member Posts: 6,338

Egregious, I still have about 6 weeks to go. I'm looking forward to going off anastrozole. Wonder what changes I'll notice - if any.

HUGS!

• butterfly1234
    butterfly1234 Member Posts: 2,038

Congrats to all the ladies completing their meds. You give the rest of us encouragement!

• annie60
    annie60 Member Posts: 295

The itching is driving me crazy but I think mine is from radiation. However, after 2 1/2 weeks on anastrozole, I experience debilitating dizziness. I'm talking hold on to something or hit the floor. My MO took me off for a week, and this has subsided. I was doing so well on it. I'll start back on Tuesday and see if the dizziness returns. Has anyone else experienced this?

• cbk
    cbk Member Posts: 323

Ohhh Yes Annie! Terrible side effect.

I have to take a low dose Ativan to function with the dizziness. I have found drinking over 70 ounces of Alkaline water a day helps as well! You have to stay super hydrated with this med!

Dizziness is a common side effect of the med. MO ordered a CT scan to make sure there wasn’t something else going on! CT scan showed nothing!

Stay active too! I know hard when you feel like you are on a bad boat ride and you are a seasick crocodile!

I truly sympathize with you, hang in there!

🤗

KC

• humblepeace
    humblepeace Member Posts: 85

Hi Annie60,

I also had dizziness on Tamoxifen for six months and blurred double vision which only happened about three times during those months. The first time I was driving and totally freaked out....so off to the emergency room. I later had an MRI which was clear. When I had a hysterectomy I was switched to Arimidex which also caused dizziness, but for a much shorter time. Hang in there...This too shall pass.

Cheryl

• Newfromny
    Newfromny Member Posts: 108

Annie I also have dizziness, I started Arimidex about a month ago. I told my MO on Friday she said she’ll change in in 3 weeks if I’m still feeling that way, I’m not sure if I want to because maybe the next one could have worse SEs

• alessandra
    alessandra Member Posts: 2

My mom is having so many symptoms with Anastrozole, especially depression, anxiety, short term memory loss, loss of appetite. Is anyone experiencing memory loss?

• hikinglady
    hikinglady Member Posts: 625

alessandra I have a friend who had cognitive challenges---brain fog---on Arimidex, but not exactly memory issues. Seems important to discuss with MO whether anti-anxiety meds or anti-depressants could help. Also seems really important to figure out whether the AI is, indeed, the cause of these side effects, including memory issues, and also see PCP to rule out other causes. Sometimes MO will suggest a 2-week 're-set' vacation, or a different compounding or version of AI if one is causing problems, to clarify whether the AI is causing certain issues.

• mactaz

Alessandra, I had what i term brain fog and depression. It started about month 3 and got progressively worse. After I touched it out for about 4 1/2 months I talked with my OC and took a 3 week break. I felt better almost immediately. I restarted anastrozole again and so far, on week six, I’m feeling good. I’m tired but I’m putting in a lot of hours doing volunteer work. I had taken a year off doing much of anything so might be overdoing a bit. I’m keeping very close tabs on my mental health and hoping the break reset things and se continue to be better. Hope you mom gets some relief.
  • toyamjj
    toyamjj Member Posts: 45

Anyone ever have an EMG done? Having one today and getting nervous about the procedure... Ive noticed since being treated for ovarian surpression I now have carpel tunnel syndrome type symptoms that have come about 2 months ago. Fingers tingle, and I've also noticed my shoulders have stiffness and soreness when I go to even just raise my arms to lift a shirt off, you can even hear some crackling in my shoulders lol when I lift them. Ive been seeing a osteopath doc and he's recommending this test. I take it at 12;30 today and now I'm getting nervous as I've read it can be very painful?

• spookiesmom

It’s not fun. Ask for warm blanket over arm to be tested. That helps. Have had done on arms and legs. Seems like it takes FOREVER to do. But you can do it!

• toyamjj

Thanks I was on the verge chickening out! I appreciate the response.

• reader425
    reader425 Member Posts: 931

Toy let us know how you make out! Thinking of you.

• toyamjj

The EMG was pretty easy so glad I want through with it, It did confirm that I have carpel tunnel in both hands. Im convinced its because of the medicine, just because the timing of it all. My doc did say that sometimes thyroid issues or even diabetes can trigger carpel tunnel because it can cause inflammation so I'm going to see my primary doc just to make sure I'm ok in those areas.

Will continue to keep you all posted!

• MamaOz
    MamaOz Member Posts: 239

congrats pontiac!! 💪🏼💕

• pontiacpeggy

MamaOz, 35 days left. I'm curious as to how my body will react after 5 years.

HUGS!

• castigame
    castigame Member Posts: 336

Congrats !! Pontiacpeggy

• ingerp
    ingerp Member Posts: 1,515

PontiacPeggy--please come back and let us know how you're feeling after you stop the AI. A lot of us are really curious!

• pontiacpeggy

Ingerp, I certainly will. I'm curious too :)

HUGS!

• cindyny
    cindyny Member Posts: 1,291

PontiacPeggy -

It's like you are nearing the finish line after a 5 year marathon, and we are all rooting for you! We want to live vicariously through you, with fingers & toes crossed, hoping (knowing!) there is life after AI drugs, and it's without the daily SEs we endure to keep BC away. HUGS

• mactaz

Congrats PontiacPeggy. Please do let us know how you do.

• pontiacpeggy

I'll definitely keep you posted on how things go after I go off anastrozole.

HUGS!

• hapa
    hapa Member Posts: 613

Congrats PontiacPeggy! And let me add to the chorus of people wanting to know how you do after you get off the drugs!

• MamaOz
    MamaOz Member Posts: 239

well peg

I hope youll let us know!!