Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Peau dorange pics. Is this what it looks like?

autism_mom
autism_mom Member Posts: 13

If anyone can tell me if this is what peau d'orange looks like I would appreciate it. Thanks...and if this doesn't work, sorry I'm still trying to figure out the pic posting process.

peau d'orange 1 ?" mce_src="peau d'orange 1 ?" alt="Peau d'orange?" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="" height="" align="" />

peau d'orange 4 ?" mce_src="peau d'orange 4 ?" alt="" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="" height="" align="" />

Comments

• autism_mom
    edited July 2012

I now have my breast mri scheduled for next friday but if this really is peau d orange Im going to try to get it moced up. Please anyone...is this what it looks like?

• bak94
    bak94 Member Posts: 652
    edited July 2012

I hope you get answers soon! I am not sure, I just wanted to answer to bump your post so you may get an answer from someone that knows.

• autism_mom
    edited July 2012

thank you

• nancyjac
    nancyjac Member Posts: 59
    edited July 2012

It really isn't what mine looked like but I don't know that there is just one standard way it looks.  It would be helpful if you posted a picture that was less of a close up that showed the difference between the affected area and a non effected area.  Because the photos are so uniform in appearance, there isn't any way to tell how your skin color, texture, etc. differs in the affected area from anywhere else.  Might be better if you just describe it.  Is is redder than other areas?  Does the skin feel warm, itchy, throbbing, or like it is tight and pulling?  How big an area does it cover?  Just one breast or both?  etc.

• autism_mom
    edited July 2012

nancyjac

thank you for responding. The area is the top of the right breast. The side (outer) of the breast has more of a roughish texture. Its hard to describe. There arent raised bumps like a rash or goosebumps. Just lumpy mottled skin. Both the top and outer parter of the breast are pink and bruised. It changes color daily it seems like. The beast is not enlarged. At first it was and even shows a little larger on mammo (although nobody seemed impressed by this but me) but now if anything it is shrinking a bit. The skin around the areola gets wrinkly at times. It has never been warm. It does itch a little but deep inside. The top and side at first had searing hot burning sensation on the inside...not the skin. That still happens briefly on occasion but not as bad as it was. Now it mostly gets a pinching sensation from the inside. There is a lacy red type rash on the rest of the breast and on part of the other breast where there is also some bruising. Note these are not self inflicted bruises from poking and prodding. They are more diffuse. There is also desensitization on the outside of the bad breast and under that arm. I did have a punch biopsy that just showed inflammation.

• nancyjac
    nancyjac Member Posts: 59
    edited July 2012

First off, I am not a medical expert.  These do not sound like IBC symptoms but there is obviously something going on.  From what you describe, my guess would be some sort of vascular or neurological issue that is cause the skin inflammation.  Maybe fibrosis?  dermal calcification?  Are are perimenopausal or having any menstration issues? Have you had any sort of previous breast surgery such as augmentation, implants, etc?

• autism_mom
    edited July 2012

I am postmenopausal 7 years from ooph...6 years without hrt. Ive been wondering myself if it could be something vascular and one of the docs is ruling out clotting disorders. I dont know what dermal calcification is but wil look it up. Thanks for the reply. I certainly HOPE it isnt ibc but you know google...everything leads back here.

• Jacksmama
    Jacksmama Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014

did you ever find out what this was? Was it cancer? Are you ok? 

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690
    edited October 2014

the op has not signed in since July of  2012. 

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,163
    edited October 2014

I realize this is an old post, but for anybody interested, that's what my LE arm looks like after cellulitis.

• kicks
    kicks Member Posts: 319
    edited October 2014

The old OPs pictures do not look anything my IBC peau d'orange did.

• Barnes4
    Barnes4 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2016

Good Morning,

Please take a look and tell me what you think. I have fibrocysyic breasts and a long history of benign findings through excisional breast biopsies (5 in both breasts in the early 2000s) and the removal of my duct system in the right breast due to chronic infection from my ducts and nipple discharge (clear, Amber and bloody) off and on for years. They think I have a papilloma that causes the bleeding.

This time my left breast is really full and heavy more than just being uneven following my past surgeries. Everything is swollen and feels heavy on left side and there is a dull ache in the breast. The breast looks strange. Several days ago the discharge started again this time more clear and runny just if my arm rubs against it.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Photos below

1) left breast

2) both for comparison

imageimage

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690
    edited February 2016

barnes4,

Please remove the pictures as the forum header clearly states this is prohibited. Not sure why the mods haven't removed original pics, but they are quite old.

Seeing your doctor is the only way to find out what's going on. We are not medical professionals. Best of luck to you

• Missjami
    Missjami Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2019

I found her update.