Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage III Cancer Survivors ...Five + Years and Out.

Options

Comments

• el_tigre
    el_tigre Member Posts: 453
    edited June 2020
    Options

I am very proud to post this (tearing up).

I have followed this board through my various my treatments, my ups and downs, and it helped me get through.

Today is my 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! Happy

• lexica
    lexica Member Posts: 138
    edited June 2020
    Options

Woohoo, El Tigre! Thanks for coming back and sharing :)

• notmargaret
    notmargaret Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2020
    Options

Congratulations! Love hearing good news.

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited June 2020
    Options

Wow looks like a lot of 5 year people. Congratulations to all and good luck with the fibroids.

I am also in also an ulcerative colitis survivor going on 25 years with it. Lialda has been my wonder drug. The Lord says medicines come from the Earth and the sensible will not despise them. Just had a good go round with my husband over my ambien that I'm taking half of what I did a year ago I'm quite proud of this but he doesn't understand why I just don't stop taking it. Lol like he really wants to deal with me when I have no sleep at night and all these crazy thoughts run through my head. be it about cancer current happenings in the world or covid enough is enough we deserve a break and a pat ourselves and each other on the back.

• newnorm
    newnorm Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2020
    Options

Thanks El Tigre for coming back to post. How wonderful. I can imagine the emotion. Always great for newbies to read posts like yours. May there be many many more joyous years. Looking forward to reading your 10 year post!

• francesca30
    francesca30 Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2020
    Options

cheers to 5 years and beyond, El Tigre!

• mpv459
    mpv459 Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2020
    Options

I read these posts for hope... thank you El Tigre for sharing some. Many more happy years ahead.

• DeeMay
    DeeMay Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all keeping well. I just wanted to pop on because today is 8 years since my diagnosis. It was the day my life changed.....but mostly for the better!! I am still taking arimidex and aside from some squeaky joints, and mild lymphedema, I am living life to the full..... Things do get better!!

Always grateful for the support I have found through the years on these boards.

Much love,

Deirdre

• lexica
    edited June 2020
    Options

Thank you DeeMay for coming back and CONGRATS on your 8 years and living your best life :)

• LindaKR
    LindaKR Member Posts: 1,304
    edited June 2020
    Options

I'm 10 years out now!!!

• kmom57
    kmom57 Member Posts: 174
    edited June 2020
    Options

BIG Congratulations!!!!

• MeToo14
    MeToo14 Member Posts: 162
    edited July 2020
    Options

6 years from diagnosis as of yesterday! So far, so good. I'll be going of my OS + AI in August, I'm a lot scared but hoping my incredibly thin hair will grow back. Congratulations to LindaKR and DeeMay and El_Tigre!

• honeybair
    honeybair Member Posts: 234
    edited July 2020
    Options

I received wonderful news just now pertaining to my bone density test. Despite being on Letrozole for seven years, my bones are of normal density. I attribute this to my regular daily walks over the past 15 years and my daily consumption of green vegetables and dairy products. Also some of my good fortune may be attributed to genetics. Both of my parents lived to be very old and had no bone issues whatsoever. I am just really grateful.

• lexica
    edited July 2020
    Options

Yay, MeToo - that's awesome! Excited for you. I feel you on the thinning hair...ugh. I'm about to buy rogaine...

Scared

• victoriasecret
    victoriasecret Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2020
    Options

11 years

• lexica
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thank you and AWESOME victoriasecret! I was about to say I needed to hear this today, but honestly, it helps to hear these stories any and every day.

• 7of9
    edited July 2020
    Options

Keep them coming...good stories!!! Congrats Victoria, Linda, Honeybair and Metoo14!

• Gabrielle
    Gabrielle Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hi Friends,

20.5 years. Stage 3, 9/20 positive nodes, 5.2 cm tumor, Her2/Neu. NED. Wishing you all the best,

-Gabrielle

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,107
    edited July 2020
    Options

wow Gabrielle. Thanks for posting. So good to see positive stories.

• honeybair
    honeybair Member Posts: 234
    edited July 2020
    Options

Gabrielle, such a positive post and NED. So happy for you. I knw that you must go through each day with gratitude.

• francesca30
    edited July 2020
    Options

thanks for your post Gabrielle! Been feeling the fear again of having multiple lymph nodes positive but your post made me feel better. Thank uou

• mpv459
    mpv459 Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thank you Gabrielle. <3

• ilovemymom4ever
    ilovemymom4ever Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2020
    Options

my mom had so many nodes positive, i really hope and pray that it did not spread post surgery. Please help me pray for her

• Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    edited August 2020
    Options

If we count from removal sx then today is exactly 5 years, 8/6/20. 8/6/15 at this time it was bilateral mastectomies with tissue expanders placements.

• 7of9
    edited August 2020
    Options

4 1/2 yrs... 6month ck up good then next one will be official 5!!! Second attempt to get there.... Original diagnosis 8 1/2 yrs ago... recurrence after 3 yrs. Longer NED on this side is better and tougher....never thought Id get my blonde (ok half gray) hair back after cold capping and taxotere

Recurrence again someday?...but NOT TODAY!!! Headed to the pool this afternoon with my 11 yr old who was 2 when this crap started. We are tough ladies!

• beeline
    beeline Member Posts: 193
    edited August 2020
    Options

Awesome, 7of9!! Great picture and I love the shirt! Can't wait to hear from you at the next 5 and the next and the next and the next!

• francesca30
    edited August 2020
    Options

looking good @7of9 ! Wishing you many more years of NED

• newnorm
    newnorm Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2020
    Options

Congratulations 7of9. What great inspiration. Thanks for sharing. Love the tshirt. Keep that mantra alive and kick cancers butt.

• hopefour
    hopefour Member Posts: 104
    edited September 2020
    Options

These amazing woman ( and a few men) were such life lines of hope when I came here over 9 years ago...thank you! This past May was 9 years for me!! I remember thinking if I could live 5 years then my youngest would be out of high school. Praise the Lord I've lived longer then I even hoped! I did change my life style, lost weight, and have stayed on hormone blocker all this time. Not sure when I will if ever get off. I still don't live like BC won't ever come back, but it is less consuming in thought for sure. So grateful for the amazing woman here that continue to come back and cheer the newbies on....such as I was. So let me cheer a newbie on by saying you will get to the other side, you will live life again full of joy and hope, do stay close to the newest info about BC, eat clean, drop some pounds, if you can, if you need to, exercise, let those who only bring drama go, and be a bit more self focus as I bet, in a small part ,you got here by putting others ahead of your self, make time for what you love to do and treasure the gift of time and use it wisely. Cheering you each on!!

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 955
    edited September 2020
    Options

This month marks 9 years since I found the circle of red, peau d'orange skin on my breast. Years of surgeries, chemo, radiation, more surgeries, scans, fears, hopes... And now, I have to check my signature line to even remember how many nodes were malignant. I'm looking forward next year's celebration of ten years.

For those newly diagnosed and working through the fear, grief, dread, and sorrow, I promise there are brighter days ahead. One day at a time.