Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

A place to greet and meet newbies to stage III

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942
    edited November 2013
    Options

Lisa~~ Our dx is very similar. My full body bone scan is next month. I'm praying that we both have clean scans.

Paula

• lisa137
    lisa137 Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2013
    Options

You're right, we are quite similar. :)

I'm going to be the ultimate optimist, and pray that everyone has clean scans for everything from now until forever. Why not? Anything is possible. :)

• robinlk
    robinlk Member Posts: 363
    edited November 2013
    Options

My MIL, bless her heart, makes me feel like I am right at death's doorstep. I realize I have surgery tomorrow and anything can happen, but it is annoying. I know she is scared and concerned, but I would prefer her talking about it, rather than the overdone love speeches. I cringe when I see a FB notification or missed call/voice message. I feel inconsiderate thinking this way, as her intentions are not bad, but am having a hard time putting a good face on it.

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi Robin, Just wanted to wish you well tomorrow. ( I am "out" 8.5 yrs from a stage IIIC Dx. and totally well and living large)

You will look back fondly in the years to come with all the annoying things people have said in the early days!

PS Mastectomy is easier then chemo!

• hopefour
    hopefour Member Posts: 104
    edited November 2013
    Options

Lisa137...welcome and praying all is clear and you caught it "early" enough!! Sorry for all you have been through! Thinking of you RobinLK and know all will go well....both of you keep us posted!!

• gavinsgrandma
    gavinsgrandma Member Posts: 115
    edited November 2013
    Options

Good morning ladies, just wanted to give a big hug to all my "Stage 111sisters" I have not posted much lately, the 3 weeks following my last A/C were pretty rough, bu I got through it and last Friday I had my 1st of 12 Taxotere treatments. I did my labs yesterday and awaiting a call from MO office to let me know if I am ok for #2 tomorrow. I have been trying to keep my hands busy so that my mind does not to going were it should not, so I have been knitting and my Niece is teaching me how to make handmade soap. My 1st Taxotere was put off a week due to a low ANC and WBC, my nurse knew I overdid it so I knitted her a scarf to prove I was sitting and counts came up and nurse Amanda was happy.

Shary

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 126
    edited November 2013
    Options

Does anyone have positive lymphs in both axilla? V

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited November 2013
    Options

not me, but i hope someone responds to you quickly. all i can say though, is breath. what you are is the same as you were yesterday. i know, it is awful what are minds are capable of doing to us, but please, you will be fine. hug till someone can help you.

• hopefour
    edited November 2013
    Options

gavinsgrandma...nice to have a happy nurse with a new knitted scarf...you are getting close to finishing treatment..Yeah!!

HVV...I am sure there are some who have had both axilla sides involved....sure treatment will target both sides for you! If you are in treatment now I hope you are handling it well!

RobinLK..was praying for you today...that all would go well for you and that your recovery would have minimal pain..let us know how you are doing!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited November 2013
    Options

hello newbies

HVV, might be a really stupid ? But does both axilla mean both arms.? Embarrassing to ask, but I am trying to learn about all this issues, good, bad, and mainly scary.

Robin, lots of positive healing thoughts, I agree its hard to handle when someone in your life goes overboard with the dramatic, emotional tirade. I have a friend like that, she sobs every time I see her. I told her to get tough last weekend, it's exhausting to have to cheer them up, when I am sick as a dog with chemo...

Shary, congrats on being done with the "red devil" , Taxol has been easier to me...

Thanks to all for the supportive atmosphere ...

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 955
    edited November 2013
    Options

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/07/opinion/la-oe-0407-silk-ring-theory-20130407

This article has been around the threads for a while, but if you haven't seen it, it's simple truth will astonish you.

I know people want to be kind and caring, but some of the conversations I was forced to endure at the beginning of this rodeo were just crazy. I learned to excuse myself and walk away, sometimes. I'm the patient, here. I don't have to let anyone dump on me a ruin my peace of mind.

• gavinsgrandma
    edited November 2013
    Options

Good morning all, getting ready to make our 3hour journey to MO office in Carson City for Taxotere #2, My ANC is low but I get Tx anyway and then next week a Neupogen shot, I hope they are not as nasty as the Neuladta. Hugs to all today and I hope everyone has a blessed and peaceful Friday.

Shary

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 126
    edited November 2013
    Options

Holeinone: armpits. ; )

• RosesToeses
    RosesToeses Member Posts: 244
    edited November 2013
    Options

Sending love and prayers to all our "newbies" and wishing you well with your treatments and recoveries.

sbelizabeth, that article is a good one! Now if only the people who need it would recognize that fact! :)

• robinlk
    edited November 2013
    Options

got home last night. Pain pump and drain. Surgery went well. Have longer story, but will have to wait a couple days to heal a bit first! Winking

• Holeinone
    edited November 2013
    Options

Robin, glad you are home & resting...I am guessing that they did not have to go back in to the armpit area for nodes, since you already had that done? You look so young, I feel bad for the younger ladies who should be raising thier kids & not dealing with such distressing issues. I hope all goes well in the next few days...lots & lots of water...

Shary, your commute sounds exhausting, my cancer center is 10 minutes from my front door. This will really be nice when I start daily rads...do you have to drive all that way for the shot?

Hope all has a restful weekend....

• hopefour
    edited November 2013
    Options

RobinLK..so thankful your surgery went well and you are home...no place like home!! Don't know if you are doing reconstruction and if you have already begun with expanders...if not and you are healing with two chest scars, I want to encourage you that at first seeing yourself can be a bit emotional. It was for me, thats when I realized all this was very real and it was the physical proof ( didn't do chemo first), but time heals and now I am so at peace with the scars. I am researching what/if reconstruction I want, but just wanted to share a word of encouragement if you had a BMX with no reconstruction for now! Keep us posted!!

Shary..so good to hear from you and to you are getting through treatment...promise this will be behind you!!

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985
    edited November 2013
    Options

Ribin me too i am happy your surgery is done and you are home, hope all goes well and make sure you take those pain killers and lots of water. 

• gavinsgrandma
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi ladies, I hope and pray for peace for all of us today, this is a very emotional and draining disease and some day's are defiantly easier to get through than others. This shot I will get here where I live, I get it tomorrow and then we travel our 3 hour trip for tx again on Friday. We may spend the night this time due to a later appt and we do not want to make the 3 hour ride home through the mountain passes in the dark.

Hopefor, thank you nice to hear from you, I hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying the thought of the holiday's around the corner.

Shary

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013
    Options

Shary,

Good Luck and safe travels for you. You are only a couple months behind me in treatment. It will be done soon. You are well on your way. Wishing you light SEs and happy days.

Take care,

Lynne

• jab
    jab Member Posts: 47
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi all,

I am quite new to this forum, having jus been diagnosed in October. My surgery was Nov 31st (I was a scary 1 breasted mummy for halloween...), and just got by 'final' pathology from the tumor last week. As I suspected I was a IIIa. 5/5 nodes, Grade 2. I will be having my right breast prophylactically removed after chemo and radiation. I start Chemo next week so was wonder what others of a similar diagnosis where getting/got for chemo. I am to get FEC-D. Any thoughts about how this might impact on me would be welcome.

JAB

• Holeinone
    edited November 2013
    Options

hello JAB, I am assuming FECD is a chemo regimen, I had the C part of it, with A/C...it seems like a lot of us get 4 treatments of A/C and then either 12 or 4 doses of Taxol, depending on if you are on dose dense..confusing, and Lots of the ladies that post know far more than I . We have similar, scary dx. I was late getting on this website, towards the end of my chemo. If someone starts a topic for Nov. 2013 chemo group make sure you join those ladies, everyone going thru the process together. I joined my group very late, but still informative and supportive. Side effects are different for everyone, and they can vary with each infusion. I am, 7 down and 1 to go & am still surprised on how my body reacts. I wish you the best, it is overwhelming but somehow we all get through it. The emotional part, constant worrying is a difficult as the chemo...

• caitlin61
    caitlin61 Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi JAB. I had 10/25 positive nodes (so Stage IIIc) and was convinced to do dose-dense AC-T. I'm in the US, but I think FEC-D is a common regimen in the Commonwealth countries. I know a woman in Canada with a similar diagnosis who just completed treatment and I'm pretty sure that's what she had and have heard of others (Canada, UK) following that regimen.

• hopefour
    edited November 2013
    Options

welcome Jab from another stage IIIa sister! My treatment was 12 taxol than 4 FAC. You will have hard days, but don't go to the pit of despair as you will get to the other side and be done!! Drink lots of water, exercise as mush as you can ( walking) and get great meds for your nausea!! There will be good days between treatments so plan something a bit fun for yourself!! Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

• Enerva
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi Jab, i am in Canada i also had FEC-D had 3 FEC and 3 D, i could not find the FE description under the Treatment list in this site, but the C, i believe is for Cytoxan and the D is the taxotere, Anyway a total of 6. I was told that the dosage was very high, my tumor was very aggressive so it responded but not as well as i hoped for. I had a hard time with the D, i found it really hurt my system, hope its not so bad for you. 

Just be positive, drink lots of water and try to eat and sleep as much as your body needs  

• gavinsgrandma
    edited November 2013
    Options

Lynne, thank you for the kind words and the encouragement, have a great day and a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Hi Jab and welcome, glad you found us here I too am a stage 111(c) gal and I tell you when I first got Dx in May of this year these threads saved my life. There is so much to take in, so much to learn and a lot of fear but there is so much support here it will help you so much. I had BLM in July and stared A/C in August, I did four rounds of Adrymiacin and Cytoxin and now I will get #3 out of 12 Taxotere this Friday. Chemo sucks but you can do it, we are stronger than we think we are, like everyone say's SE'S are different from person to person and from Tx to Tx but drink lots of water and rest, take all the help you can get and let your body rest as much as possible so that the chemo can do its job and your body can regain strength between treatments. Wishing everyone a great se free day❤️

Shary

• jab
    jab Member Posts: 47
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thanks everyone for your advise and thoughts. It's nice to know others with the same diagnosis and chemo did ok. The best to all you strong ladies!

JAB

• robinlk
    edited November 2013
    Options

Happy to see everyone checking in! Pain meds, stool softeners, antibiotics, water and prune juice seem to be on my menu multiple times each day! I am feeling really well and have to say the mastectomy looks better than the lumpectomy did. It hurts less too. No recon for me, and the nodes were taken during the first surgery. Once all my chemo/rads are done we will test for BRCA. I have poly cystic ovaries which we are keeping a close eye on. Really wanted the use of my abdominal muscles to get in and out of bed, if possible. Any changes on my next US and they will be the next to go. If BRCA comes back positive the left breast will be leaving also. One step at a time though!

• Enerva
    edited November 2013
    Options

Robin i am glad you are feeling better.

• robinlk
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thank you Enerva!