Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Big Lump on Butt from Faslodex Shot

Options
caall1234
caall1234 Member Posts: 5

Has anyone had a big lump from the shot. It has been several

weeks since I have had the shot. There is a big Lump and

it looks brusied.

Comments

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited May 2013
    Options

I got lumps at times that made me think the drug didn't dissipate properly.  You should talk to your doc because if it isn't dissipating, it isn't going to work.  I was on it for 2.5 years.  It worked great for me.  Good luck to you on it also.

Teri

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited May 2013
    Options

I get zoladex injections in my belly and the last one has left a lump also (and a huge bruise). When I asked about it I was told that it was common and that massaging it would help.

However, any concerns should always be mentioned to your dr/onc.

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited May 2013
    Options

I haven't gotten any big lumps, though sometimes I feel bruised. However, when I look it just looks like a lumpy-middle-aged butt. My last Faslodex shot was month 39 so there isn't a spot back there that hasn't been touched and it all feels a bit scarred [may not be the right word.]

I don't think that this is "usual" but it could be for you. Wish I could be more helpful.

*susan*

• sandilee
    sandilee Member Posts: 436
    edited May 2013
    Options

Yep, I had a huge lump once. I also had my skin split open from the lump and form a large sore once. After that happened, the doc proscribed Decadron and Benedryl before my next injection. Because I hate Decadron, I tried taking just the Benedryl beforehand, and during the day of, and it worked!  Now, for the last several months, I take a dose of Benedryl as soon as I get into the doc's office. (It takes about 15 minutes to work, and I usually have to wait at least that long before they call me.) Then I take another after I get home so as not to be driving with it, as it makes you sleepy.  It has really helped. I'd suggest trying it- just getting some over the counter is fine, and see if it helps. Good luck!

• Gaylegg
    Gaylegg Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    Options

Ive been getting these shots for a while. I had my injection Friday. And Saturday there was a large lump next to the injection site. It feels like a bruise but no discoloration. I'm calling the nurse tomorrow

What did the doctor tell you about it?

• Gaylegg
    Gaylegg Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    Options

Yes, what did your doctor say?