Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Big Lump on Butt from Faslodex Shot

Options
caall1234
caall1234 Member Posts: 5

Has anyone had a big lump from the shot. It has been several

weeks since I have had the shot. There is a big Lump and

it looks brusied.

Comments

• Capriness
    Capriness Member Posts: 111
    edited May 2013
    Options

I got lumps at times that made me think the drug didn't dissipate properly.  You should talk to your doc because if it isn't dissipating, it isn't going to work.  I was on it for 2.5 years.  It worked great for me.  Good luck to you on it also.

Teri

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited May 2013
    Options

I get zoladex injections in my belly and the last one has left a lump also (and a huge bruise). When I asked about it I was told that it was common and that massaging it would help.

However, any concerns should always be mentioned to your dr/onc.

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited May 2013
    Options

I haven't gotten any big lumps, though sometimes I feel bruised. However, when I look it just looks like a lumpy-middle-aged butt. My last Faslodex shot was month 39 so there isn't a spot back there that hasn't been touched and it all feels a bit scarred [may not be the right word.]

I don't think that this is "usual" but it could be for you. Wish I could be more helpful.

*susan*

• sandilee
    sandilee Member Posts: 436
    edited May 2013
    Options

Yep, I had a huge lump once. I also had my skin split open from the lump and form a large sore once. After that happened, the doc proscribed Decadron and Benedryl before my next injection. Because I hate Decadron, I tried taking just the Benedryl beforehand, and during the day of, and it worked!  Now, for the last several months, I take a dose of Benedryl as soon as I get into the doc's office. (It takes about 15 minutes to work, and I usually have to wait at least that long before they call me.) Then I take another after I get home so as not to be driving with it, as it makes you sleepy.  It has really helped. I'd suggest trying it- just getting some over the counter is fine, and see if it helps. Good luck!

• Gaylegg
    Gaylegg Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    Options

Ive been getting these shots for a while. I had my injection Friday. And Saturday there was a large lump next to the injection site. It feels like a bruise but no discoloration. I'm calling the nurse tomorrow

What did the doctor tell you about it?

• Gaylegg
    Gaylegg Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    Options

Yes, what did your doctor say?

• rjcooky
    rjcooky Member Posts: 1
    Options

My Faslodex injection in February 2024 must of settled around my sciatica nerve. Could not bend down and pain unbearable. It’s been 3 months with hardly any relief. Been rubbing and even went y to Chiropractor to try scraping. Pain cream also used. I’m getting desperate for some relief from this pain. Also have numbing and tingling from lesion on sacrum that has hit nerve. Any suggestions accepted.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,319
    Options

Welcome, @rjcooky. We're so sorry you find yourself here, but we're glad you've joined us and hope this community can be a source of support for you. And we're so very sorry to hear you've been dealing with this since February, we can only imagine how difficult this has been! You mentioned the chiropractor, but have you spoken to your medical team about this, or been back to see the doctor who administered the injection?

This thread you posted on hasn't been active in some time, but there's another Faslodex thread we'd like to suggest you check out and post in for more visibility, it's more active and you'll likely get more feedback and suggestions: