Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Comfort dogs

Options

Comments

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited May 2017
    Options

Ducky...loosing Brutas and now Stella is sick is just so much to take in. With love and hugs as you wait for news.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2017
    Options

Update is the ultrasound showed something has penetrated her stomach/intestine.......she was sent to Penn Vet Hospital in Philadelphia for exploratory surgery.....serious, so she needs a Board Certified Surgeon to do the operation.......they were waiting for her to arrive....my daughter is there now.......will keep you informed.

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    edited May 2017
    Options

Sending prayers Ducky for dear Stella and your family.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,440
    edited May 2017
    Options

Oh no, poor Stella!!!!!

• duckyb1
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thanks ladies.....here is what we know.....she had surgery from 12am this morning until 2:30 am.........they gave her only a 50% chance of surviving, but God was good.......she went through 2 1/2 hours or surgery....it was not an object that sheinjested.......it was a thickening of the dueodenum and they cut away what they referred to as "the disease".........I kow sound like cancer, but they said it did not look like that so it is going for biopsy......they have no clue why this happened....said they ahve never seen it before.....and we are talking about Pennsylvania School of vetinary Medicine in Phila.......one of the best around........they see it all..........and they can not explain why it happened.........they were also shocked that she was so alert this morning, but can't see her till tomorrow ....she is in ICU, but doing ok........only thing they are concerned about is where they resected her intestine at the stomach, they are concerned if the stiches will hold.......remember they never saw this area of the body have this happen.........she will be in the hospital for a minimum of 4 days.........will keep you posted

• duckyb1
    edited May 2017
    Options

Me, my daughter and her family thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your prayers......hug

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thank you for the update Ducky, keeping dear Stella and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

After all that awful surgery....Stella got up this morning alert......Penn said they have never seen a dog come back from such surgery.....at 4pm today they had her outside walking and she can pee....not eating, but I am sure that will come soon.......and she can afford to lose a few lbs....but then c an't we all...........out of ICU tomorrow, and a couple more days in the hospital and she will be home.........

Your prayers worker......she went from a 50% chance of coming out of surgery to a huge rally.....only prayers could hae done this for her, so again thank you ........hugs

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

Our girlimage

• m0mmyof3
    edited June 2017
    Options

Glad to hear Stella is doing good.

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

Dr.s are amazed.......said they never saw an animal come back from that kind of surgery (50% chance of survival), and go home in 1 1/2 days..they will be picking her up this evening....they still have no clue what caused this to happen..said they have never seen it before......we hope she continues to do well.....it is still touch and go, but she is fighting hard.......thanks for all the prayers

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi everyone....thanks for your prayers.......I'm home.....they say I am amazing.......but then I already knew that.........thanks Stella.image

• m0mmyof3
    edited June 2017
    Options

Get well soon Stella! You have such a sweet face!!!!

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

thanks Mommy......its the eyes......LOL.....not to gross you out but check this....would only show this to pet owners.....LOLimage

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

They found a nodule on her liver, and are doing a biopsy of that too, but expect it is clean....just a precaution...she takes a lot of meds for her seizures

• m0mmyof3
    edited June 2017
    Options

That poor baby. I hope they find nothing serious, that poor dear has enough to deal with.

• tessu
    tessu Member Posts: 1,294
    edited June 2017
    Options

Just now read about your dear Stella, ducky. Wow. So glad she's sucha fighter and recovering so well!

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    edited June 2017
    Options

We're rooting for you Stella!

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi Doggies.....I'm resting, but my Nannie just told me your rooting for me.......thank you friends.....WOOF WOOF..image

• m0mmyof3
    edited June 2017
    Options

Stella, my furbabies Jackson and Princess are praying for you to Get Well. I told them you were feeling poorly.

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi Everyone.feeling betterimage

• m0mmyof3
    edited June 2017
    Options

That is wonderful Stella!

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited June 2017
    Options

Glad to hear it Stella. Great photo, everyone should be so cute post op!

• junieb
    junieb Member Posts: 945
    edited June 2017
    Options

Yay! Stella, so glad your feeling better.

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

Well bad news.....Stella is back at Penn Medicine Hospital....got a severe rash today all over her belly and paws....was told to bring her back...she has an elevated temperature of 102.2, and an elevated heartrate........they told my daughter she is dehydrated, and she can't understand how since she has been drinking huge amounts of water.....they are keeping her, and a Derm will look at her tomorrow and take a skin biopsy.....my poor daughter is beside herself.....will keep you all posted......more prayers needed....thanks ladies

• m0mmyof3
    edited June 2017
    Options

Oh no! Poor Stella!

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

another update......they think she had a bad reaction to the anti-biotics she is taking......Benedryl helped even though she still has a couple lesions left..........the path came back on her stomach issue.......no cancer.......they think it is possible she did injest soemthing, but it penetrated and then turned and moved down the intestinal tract without getting caught again........sounds reasonable........but still said ..they are bafled and have no "real explanation" as to why it hapened.......said this is just a theory.............she will be back home today between 4/5 o'clock.......wow, my poor daughter.....

• m0mmyof3
    edited June 2017
    Options

Holy Cow!!!!!

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

Well Stella is home.......hope this time its for good........if this dog doesn't kill my daughter.....nothing will.......hugs all

• duckyb1
    edited June 2017
    Options

Ladies had to share this one..........this is Stella on the aero bed that her and my daughter sleep on each night because she can't climb the steps or sleep on the bed for fear of jumping off......so my daughter sleeps in her family room on the aero bed with Stella to keep her safe.....bedtime for Stella.....my poor daughter is across the room working for her company because she was running around today for Stella and the hospital...image.check her out...........LOL........