Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Extreme Hip Pain - can Stage II metastasize to hip?

Options

Comments

• Kayce234
    Kayce234 Member Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    Options

Had my mri today...now the waiting......

• shoppygirl
    shoppygirl Member Posts: 110
    edited December 2013
    Options

Good luck! Thinking of you!!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited December 2013
    Options

Kayce I'm hoping for a good report for you!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• LizA17
    LizA17 Member Posts: 102
    edited December 2013
    Options

Kayce..I had bad hip pain develop too. I had MRI and was told it was arthritis. Hope you get good results too.

• dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited December 2013
    Options

I was worried about my hip. It was hurting and already had 3 pins in it from a break 5 years ago. X-rays just showed arthritis!

Hoping for good results for you !

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited December 2013
    Options

Kayce, you are in my prayers. Dogs and jogs, I got that news too!! Amazing what we consider good news, eh? Pain is still there, but the fear part is gone.....

• Kayce234
    edited December 2013
    Options

Thanks ladies!  Still awaiting results - called this morning and they gave me an 866# to call to get the results over the phone from a recording!  Not sure how I feel about that accept for the fact I can get them quicker than waiting for the doctor.  Called and nothing on the 866# so I'll try again later or tomorrow :)

I have the MRi images on disc and looked at them but of course I have no clue what I'm looking at!  I can read a brain and a back MRI but no clue on this one :)

• chrissyb
    edited December 2013
    Options

still hoping for good news!

• Kayce234
    edited December 2013
    Options

OMG!!!  So get this --- I was given a number and code to call and get my results for my MRI, I've been calling an no results so I call the place that did the MRi and they said the results were sent to the Dr on the 11th.  So I call the doctors office and tell them this and they say it takes 3 - 5 days for the doctor to read the results then dictate them for the call in line.  I of course say - but if he sees that my cancer has metastisized he will call me personally to tell me right?  NO  they dictate leave it on the message and then tell you what to do through the phone line!  Is that not the craziest thing you've ever heard!?!?!  God forbid it's the cancer, I get to find out from a recording!!!  The secretary did send the doctor a note telling him I was looking for the results.....

• shoppygirl
    edited December 2013
    Options

How horrible! Sending you hugs and positive thoughts!

• littlemelons
    littlemelons Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2013
    Options

OMG Kayce234 - I find that inhuman.  So, your doctor has had the results for 2 days and knows you're terrified (who wouldn't be) and is going to wait 3-5 days to dictate them so you can check impersonally by phone call to see if your cancer has metastasized. That's cruel!  I have been in your situation a couple of times, waiting in terror for results.  Normally, I am sort of a shy violet type, but when it comes to getting my test results I turn into a hysterical harridan. I would phone and say in a shaky voice that you are having an anxiety attack over this, or get a family member to call and say that. Really what kind of doctor treats his patients like that.

• dogsandjogs
    edited December 2013
    Options

I have a dermatologist who does this. You call the lab directly , but at least a "human" answers. But I think it is very wrong to do it this way----

• Kayce234
    edited December 2013
    Options

So my phone called worked!  I got the results - yes on the machine but I got them and it is BURSITIS!!!!  Very happy and relieved!!  Thank you all so much for your prayers and support.

• shoppygirl
    edited December 2013
    Options

Thank goodness!! So happy for you! Now you can enjoy your weekend!!!

• chrissyb
    edited December 2013
    Options

Yay Kayce!!!! That's wonderful news!!!!! Now you can let out your breath that you have been holding and go ahead and enjoy the holidays. Bursitis can be very painful but it's waaaay better than cancer!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• dogsandjogs
    edited December 2013
    Options

Very happy for you!

• barbe1958
    edited December 2013
    Options

Excellent news on the bursitis Kaycee - but also very painful!!! Will you get shot??

D&J, bullshit. I actually went to my local hospital's record department and asked to see the results and they said I could read the radiologists response, but they wouldn't interpret. Sure enough it was benign. I do tend to find that bad news travels quickly and good news sits around for someone to type out the "official" report!!

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696
    edited December 2013
    Options

Yay bursitis!!!! That's wonderful bad news!!! I feel your pain...but otherwise happy for you!!!

• georgie1112
    georgie1112 Member Posts: 104
    edited December 2013
    Options

congrats! Amazing how another diagnosis (of bursitis) that might be concerning for others can be such a relief. My doctor is sending me for hip MRI too. Am trying to stay calm. Usually easier until after the test.

• littlemelons
    littlemelons Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2013
    Options

Great news!! Very happy for you....

• franchesca2bqq
    franchesca2bqq Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2013
    Options

so has happened to you since August?? I hope everything turned out fine for you!!

• franchesca2bqq
    edited December 2013
    Options

oh hahaha just read your fine!! I swear it was crazy how stressed about it I was!!

• franchesca2bqq
    edited December 2013
    Options

So when is your appointment!! Let's have another bursitis diagnosis!!!!

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276
    edited December 2013
    Options

Yay bursitis!

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited December 2013
    Options

Kayce... I have had many parts of my body injected with cortosone... And for some parts (my feet and wrist) it has taken more than one shot. One shot took care of my shoulder and a finger, but my wrist has already had 3 shots and not better. You can get three per year per location, so keep at it.

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696
    edited December 2013
    Options

b... 3 a year!!!??? I had TWO... A fortnight apart! 

• Kayce234
    edited December 2013
    Options

Francesca you are so funny!!!!  B I'll be having another shot soon....

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited January 2014
    Options

hi ladies. First, so happy for your bursitis kayce, what a thing to say, right? Lol. Second, I have a question about the likelihood of arthritis, bursitis or any itus for someone in there early 30s, like just turned 33. I was having pretty bad lower back pain and some hip pain a while before my dx last year. I was blaming it on my mattress. As soon as I did any reading afterwards, I was convinced I has bone mets. Did a bone scan in march and it lit up in all the areas I expected it to, but the report and the MO said it was clear and that this was arthritis. I said, "oh so you can differentiate between cancer and arthritis?" Which was followed by no and the more likely than not response that my brain just can't process. The pain got a lot better after the scan though and through most of treatment, only popping up sporadically. Fast forward to the last several months and I have had terrible lower back and hip pain constantly. Always worse overnight and first thing when getting up in the morning. In the beginning, I could take Tylenol and it would be better in an hour and fine until the next time I slept. For the last two months it has gotten even worse and Tylenol, codeine, nor hydrocodone give any relief. And it is constant. I definitely know it is not muscular pain (I get that from my current chemo, as well as excruciating spine pain, but this is different). My hips are so bad at times that I can't move in bed, getting out of bed is a process, my walking is effected. With my back, I can't bend at the waist, kind of feels like I will get "stuck". I have to kneel to do anything like lifting the toilet lid or throwing something in the trash can.  This week, sometimes the bad pain isn't constant but an odd ache is, like I am always just aware that is is there. Driving home from treatment today, I didn't feel the "pain" but I coughed and the vibration hurt in my hip. The MO ordered some MRIs for me but wouldn't go for another bone scan. Waiting to get it scheduled. Just really scared. I also have an issue in my calf that I won't get into but when I tell any of the docs about it, they just brush it off. Sorry for the rambling post but back to the original question, how likely that someone my age could have arthritis this severe?  Any thoughts greatly appreciated. 

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    edited January 2014
    Options

DeliriumPie - bone scans aren't specific and can't differentiate between arthritis, mets or even a healing fracture. MRI is much more specific and should be able to give you a lot more information about what's causing your pain. I hope you find an easily treatable "itis" soon!

• barbe1958
    edited January 2014
    Options

Sheila, I too, worry that I've been misdiagnosed with an "itis"!! Even my onc has concerns. I have bone growing up my spine that is crimping the nerves coming out and was off work for 2 1/2 years and all the way up to Fentanyl patches!! It has stopped progression for now and I can walk again (so back to work) but it's always sat in my mind that if this is mets I'm going to be pretty pissed if I've been misdiagnosed!!! I even asked for radiation to stop the bone growth but the orthopedic surgeon I was at said they don't do it for this kind of arthritis!! Go figure. I offered to be the first one. If radiation stops bone growth, then why not do it in an area of bone growth??

As for you, thank goodness you're getting an MRI (I can't get them as I have a pacemaker). Bone scans always light up so I don't "believe" in them anymore. I did have early arthritis that started in my 30's though, so do be prepared to hear the "A" word!!