Comments

• rpoole1962
    rpoole1962 Member Posts: 386
    edited May 2017

Louis, sending much love to you and your princess <3

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2017

Louis, Prayers from all around tonight. KD just may astound us all, rally it up and recoup. All any of us wants is time with our loved ones.

Linda, Sorry that Taxol hit you so hard, I hope the next round lightens up on the SE's.

Unfortunately my scans came out with progression. Some liver lesions shrunk a little but some new very small clusters showed up, plus a new spot on my lung. Needless to say I was crushed. It's on to Afinitor and Aromosin for me.

Mom, Glad Dani has a new plan in place and pray for a great response for her.

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited May 2017

artist- I am sorry for the news. Take a moment to breath. I hope the next treatments treat you well. Thinking of you.

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    edited May 2017

artist you had the feeling. Dani also had that ode in the lung- so sorry for this. When are you starting? How crazy- the Industry is making lots of money but the results are meaningless, I don't get it.

• kaayborg
    kaayborg Member Posts: 576
    edited May 2017

Awe, Artist. So sorry to hear this news. I do hope the new treatment plan treats you well.

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited May 2017

Anita,

Been there, TMs almost 3000, Xeloda is a big gun. It kills c-buggers as it finds them, so the idea of a flare at the first couple of cycles seems normal.

Your state of mind is important, so is your right approach to use the chemo.

You should take daily doses exactly 12 hours apart. You shouldn't consume dairy protein, definitely no milk. You shouldn't consume grapefruit and pogmenarete. They all interact in the liver, where Xeloda's main site of work!

You should have real protein, young meat , that is lamb, not cow. No deep sea fish allowed. No fries. No packaged food.

Deep red, deep green fruit and veggies, prefferably fresh.

Have afternoon nap, go to bed early and have shower twice a day. Water's healing power is immense.

Cut carbohydrates as much as you can, they equal sugar you know. Drink water, prepare cinnamon and lemon flavored bottles.

Don't read and believe anything .. I wasn't supposed to last a week at dx, it's been 5 full years!

Not the sick, but the one that's time is due dies. Get stress out out of your life.. easy. I even kicked mom out of my daily life. No drama queen is allıwed anymore around. It's my life.

For liver eat tons of artichoke! We get poisoned in the kidneys with chemo & all.. have okra on your plate..

sometimes you cannot eat anything, nausia yep! Light youghurt with crackers help. Also can find roasted chickpeas at Turkish grocery stores to help with the stomach acid.

I had HFS on the face dear, and dealt with it.. don't worry, you can manage it! X was good.. wish I could stay longer on it..

no dairy with x! Don't forget!

Hugs

Ebru

• artistatheart
    edited May 2017

Thanks leftffoot, mom and kaayborg. I start as soon as insurance approves probably a week. Need to research all possible SE's here. I feel so well now I hope to continue. If not, I may have to consider stop working next fall. I wouldn't mind having more time for my hobbies but work helps keep my mind occupied and socially engaged....

kaayborg, How are you doing? Is the carbo still treating you well? Looking forward to a summer break?

Mom, I hope the results aren't meaningless...time will tell right?

Lots of good advice there Ebru!

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    edited May 2017

Ebru you've been of so much help thanks a lot. I hope you feel better. Recipes for artichoke? And beets also, I think Lita said Beets are good to detoxify the liver.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited May 2017

Artist - Thinking of you through the transition to Afinitor. It works well for many.

>Z<

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited May 2017

Artist, I am sorry that you have progression. I do hope that Affinitor and Aromasin bring those cancer cells under control and just zap them into oblivion. It would be nice if you are able to keep working since you enjoy your job so much. If that isn't possible, I have no doubt that you will find other things to do that you just have not had time for. You strike me as someone who finds joy in life no matter what challenges you face.

Ebru, Thank you for your dietary recommendations. I am going to save that post so I will have it when it is my time to go on Xeloda.

Hugs from, Lynne

• artistatheart
    edited May 2017

Thanks Z and Lynne, I am ready for the new chapter. Lynne, I am a frustrated artist in that I never have time to pursue my passions. I make jewelry, stained glass and mosaics, refinish small furniture and now have found painting! And of course gardening, even after the rabbits ate all my newly planted flowers.....So I would have no lack of stuff to do. It would just be the social connection I would miss. Plus we need the income and my medical benefits of course. I am so glad I will have 7 weeks of summer to think about it.

Z take some time to take good care of yourself and recharge.

• BabyRuth
    BabyRuth Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2017

I do not post much here but I read and try to keep up with everyone. Thinking of you all today. Louis-my heart is with you...hoping for the best for you and your princess.

So sorry artist to hear of your progression. Try to enjoy your summer and take time to regroup. I too try to figure out if I should keep working or not but just can't seem to let it go. I think somehow I will know when the time is right. My goal for tomorrow is to get my flower garden planted. They also bring me so much joy!

I had scans yesterday and am again waiting on results. Hoping to continue down the stable road for as long as possible.

• KDs-Husband
    KDs-Husband Member Posts: 75
    edited May 2017

It has been a whirlwind 36 hours since yesterday morning. I was able to talk to KD alone around lunchtime yesterday, and we both agreed it would be best to make an appointment with her MO immediately.

We saw him this morning and he confirmed what we knew in our hearts. KD's liver was just too badly damaged with the recent sepsis event to have any hope of recovering. We all agreed that transitioning to Hospice care at this time was the best decision.

Thankfully, KD is completely at peace with this decision. Even better, at this time she is experiencing no pain. The real issue is just that her liver is failing, and it cannot be reversed.

Please know that KD's liver was full of mets at diagnosis in Feb. '16. The A/C and Taxol did a good job of knocking it back quite a bit. She was responding so well to her treatment. However, the two surgeries (and recoveries) she needed for a bad compression fracture in September and October caused her to miss a good number of chemo treatments. I truly believe that without her getting sidetracked by the compression fracture issues, she would still be doing quite well today.

This afternoon, we had to tell our two boys (13 & 10) the facts of our current situation. That was an extremely emotional event. They have known since the beginning that she had cancer in multiple places, they just didn't understand exactly what that meant. However, I already have arrangements for their child psychologist to come here to visit with them this coming Thursday.

We are very fortunate in that we have lots of family here in town, as well as a large church family and many dear friends and co-workers waiting for the opportunity to help in any way.

Hospice has already been here and delivered more supplies than we need at this time. So now we continue to care for her and love on her all we can.

I asked her a little while ago how she was doing. She said, "Believe it or not, I am somewhat relieved. All that stuff that we feared the most......it is behind us now." Really, she never ceases to amaze me. God, I love that woman.

I am so thankful to God that He led me to BCO, and truly thankful that all of you have allowed me to participate here on behalf of my beloved Princess.

Peace to all,

Louis

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited May 2017

Louis you are an amazing person and husband. We are so blessed that you came here and shared your strength and Kds with. People do well on hospice ... sometimes for quite a while. I still have hopes for her liver if she can get some ALA down. Please keep us updated.

Z

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited May 2017

Louis. There just are no words. I wish you and your entire family love and peace during this time. Envelope your princess in the great love you have for her!

Bab

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited May 2017

Louis, you and KD and kids are in my thoughts. I can tell there is so much love in your family. May it sustain you all during this time. Where there is life, there is hope.

Linda, let's hope adjusting the steroid dose will help you feel more normal. What does your onc say?

Momall, good there is a plan now. Hugs.

• PHOTOGIRL-62
    PHOTOGIRL-62 Member Posts: 274
    edited May 2017

Louis and KD. My thoughts are with both of you. Louis you are an amazing husband and I'm sure KD appreciates everything you are doing. I'm wishing you and your family peace and love during this hard time. I'm thinking of all of you today and everyday.

Hugs to you and your family. You are a strong , loving man!!

Anita

• PHOTOGIRL-62
    edited May 2017

Louis and KD, I'm sending you a some virtual flowers that I grow for our business. I thought it would brighten you day!

Hugs, Anita

• babs6287
    edited May 2017

Love the flowers Anita and the idea- lets all send them flowers!!!

Louis this ones for you and your princess

Babsimage

• PHOTOGIRL-62
    edited May 2017

Thanks Babs. Thought it would be nice. Maybe other ladies will do the same.

Anita

• KDs-Husband
    edited May 2017

Those are BEAUTIFUL ladies. Thank you so much. I will share them with KD after she wakes up from her morning nap.

Btw, would love to know the names of each of the flowers, especially those purple ones with yellow stars.

Louis

• babs6287
    edited May 2017

Got back my TMs today and they're up again. I sure hope the Gemzar kicks in soon !!!! I am staying the course hoping it's just a flare. Fingers crossed!!!

Babs

More flowers for KD and Louis image

• KDs-Husband
    edited May 2017

KD's Mother's Day Orchid and our two boys, M&M.

• leftfootforward
    edited May 2017

My

14 year old son has been taking photos. Loved this one.

• LindaE54
    LindaE54 Member Posts: 1,379
    edited May 2017

For you Louis and KD. From my rosebush called "Never Alone" that I planted last year.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited May 2017

Pinks (dianthus) for KD

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited May 2017

Louis,

Your entire family is in my prayers - seeing your boys and knowing what they'll be going through brings tears to my eyes. I'm so sad for all of you. Cancer is so unfair.

Hugs to you especially Louis. You are a rock. Your family is lucky to have you.

Amy

• leftfootforward
    edited May 2017
    1. image

another image from my 14 year old from my garden for KD

• leftfootforward
    edited May 2017

off for my CT scan. Nice way to spend a sunny Saturday.

• MJHJAN1014
    MJHJAN1014 Member Posts: 622
    edited May 2017

Sending hugs and prayers to you Louis and KD