• theziz
    theziz Member Posts: 134
    edited May 2017

Louis I'm so sorry for your loss, hugs.

Zi

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited May 2017

My condolences Louis. Such beautiful words you have written.

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited May 2017

Louis and sons, I am heartbroken for all of you. But I take comfort in the joy you feel knowing she is in heaven and will be forever watching over her family.

Blessings to you all

Amy

• Batfax
    Batfax Member Posts: 27
    edited May 2017

My condolences Louis. If/when faced with the same, I hope I can do it with the strength you have.

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    edited May 2017

Oh Louis... There are no words. I am praying for you and your family. Thank you for sharing KD's prayer, I will say it everyday in her memory.

C

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    edited May 2017

Louis - You are a wonderful husband and father.  I am so sorry but glad that Princess KD is no longer suffering.  My heart goes out to you and your boys. 

((Hugs))

Cathy

• BabyRuth
    BabyRuth Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2017

Louis- your princess can now rest in peace. Thinking of you and your boys as you go through this difficult time.

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited May 2017

Louis, thank you for sharing your love story with us.

• Scwilly
    Scwilly Member Posts: 232
    edited May 2017

Louis - I am so sad to hear your news. Your love for your wife has shonethrough and without doubt she was loved and cherished through her illness. You are such a wonderful and inspiring presence on this thread never forgetting others. I wish you and your boys peace, you are in my thoughts.

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited May 2017

Oh, Louis, I am so sorry to read of your loss. You made sure that KD was held in love, and I believe she knew it whether she was able to say so or not. I know you, your boys, and family and friends will hold each other close. Wishing you peace and strength.

ShetlandPony

• JFL
    JFL Member Posts: 1,373
    edited May 2017

Louis, I am saddened to hear your news and my thoughts are with you and your sons. You have handled a terrible situation with such grace and dignity. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I know that God has a plan for all of us. He needed your wife to help him do good work from above. She is so fortunate to have such a supportive spouse and beautiful children who will carry her legacy until you are joined again one day in eternity. I pray for peace, healing and easing of the pain of loss for your family.

• LindaE54
    LindaE54 Member Posts: 1,379
    edited May 2017

I'm so sorry Louis. May your Princess rest in peace.

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited May 2017

Louis. I am so sorry to hear about KD but we all know that she is now at peace. Your strength love and devotion to your princess has been a constant. Now your boys will need that too. Having lost my Mom to BC in my teens I know how difficult a time it is for all of you. Sending big hugs!

Babs.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited May 2017

Louis, you've received so many comforting words from these wonderful sisters here. Your lovely wife KD is finally free.

You are blessed to have both church family and real family to help you cope during this difficult time. Your boys are going to have a tough time....I lost my mom when I was a teenager and my youngest brother was 12. It's great that you already have a psychologist in place for them. I wish I had had that when I was a kid.

Times have changed for the better. When my mom passed from cancer 41 years ago, there was no hospice available let alone grief counseling and support groups. Take some time to exhale and recharge. Accept all the help that people want to give you. Pace yourself in the weeks to come. The first year will be the roughest....the first Thanksgiving/Christmas without KD, first anniversary without her, birthdays, graduations, etc. I know you will get thru it just as you got thru KD's battle. You are strong, loving, and faithful.

Don't be afraid to hold those boys close and cry with them. Losing a wife and mother is devastating, and keeping the proverbial stiff upper lip all the time can do more harm than good. Tears are healing, and it's okay to be angry and grieve...go thru all the stages and take as long as you need.

God's grace will see you thru the next several months.

You and the boys will be in my prayers always,

Love and hugs,

Lita

• rpoole1962
    rpoole1962 Member Posts: 386
    edited May 2017

Louis, May God wrap his loving arms around you and your boys at this difficult time. When I read the words you shared about your beloved KD, you could feel the love the both of you shared. I loved KD's favorite prayer! I will save this and read it often. May your princess Rest In Paradise!

Much love to you and your family.

Robin

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited May 2017

Louis - I don't know where you found the strength to write those beautiful words at this difficult time.

All I know is that KD is anxious for you and the boys to find your way to peace and happiness. This I know with certainty. We will be thinking of you as you transition to this new life with the lovely Princess beside you in spirit.

I never "met" KD but you are an amazing person. It's been an honor to have you here. I hope you move on from this business but we will miss you.

>Z<

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited May 2017

Loius, my heart is breaking for you and your boys.

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited May 2017

Louis- thank you fir sharing your princess with us. You and your boys are in my thoughts. Lots of virtual love.

• MJHJAN1014
    MJHJAN1014 Member Posts: 622
    edited May 2017

Louis- my thoughts are with you and your sons. Wishing you strength and grace as you face the upcoming difficult days, weeks, months. Your love and care for KD are unsurpassed.

Sincerely, MJH

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2017

Louise, I am shedding tears at this news, for you, your boys, KD, myself and all of us. I have no words except to say we all followed your story with compassion and appreciation for your sharing. KD is free as a bird now. I like Lita's suggestions for moving on with your life for you and your boys. We WILL indeed miss your presence here but will never forget your story and family. I wish you all Peace in your hearts....Heart

• kaayborg
    kaayborg Member Posts: 576
    edited May 2017

Louis, I've been sitting with your news for a while now without any words. The virtual flowers have had me offering a prayer for you, KD, and your boys every time I see beautiful splashes of color out and about. I'm sure they will continue to do so for some time. You are heavy on my heart. Prayers for peace, healing, comfort and beautiful memories always.

• buras54
    buras54 Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2017

HI Ladies, My doctor had to take me off of iexmpra because when we did the mri a couple of weeks ago it showed that it shrank all of the tumors but 1. the one tumor doubled in size and I asked him why would it shrink all of them but 1 and he said sometimes they will clone themselves and be resistant to the chemo and then the other tumors can get that way to so he is putting me on navalbine once a week. I usually do very well with chemo and don't get sick or anything other than losing my hair or being tired. I'm very fortunate in that way. Has anyone taken this medication before?

Robin

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    edited May 2017

Just wanted to let you guys know, in case anyone is interested in following a trial, that I started a new topic called "Clinical Trial - LSZ102 with Ribociclib" to chronicle my experience on the trial.  Forgive the cross posting in other threads. 

• JFL
    edited May 2017

Robin (buras54), I haven't taken Navelbine but have heard it is very tolerable and one of the easiest chemos for some people.

Cathy, thanks for keeping us updated on your trial experience. I know many are interested in this potential new drug and new combination of drugs.

• Bens_Mama
    Bens_Mama Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2017

Hi everyone, I'm not on here very much but have scrolled through and am saying prayers for you all, wish all of you who are stable (and better!!) on meds years and years of stability and those are in the midst of a change the comfort of knowing that there are drugs out there to help us! Drugs that can keep us stable (and better!) and allow us to have fulfilling lives.

I'm hoping that some of you ladies can help me out. I have been on a trial with a Parp Inhibitor for exactly 13 months. For 12 months I was totally stable, had shrinkage of 22% in my liver and was feeling amazing. I had a CT scan 4 weeks ago- this was my 1 year CT- and everything was stable and shrinking. THEN 7 days later, I went for my regular check and my liver enzymes- all of them- where out of whack! up to 3, 4 times greater than the upper limit of normal. So, this was strange because the time between CT and bloodwork was so short. I had a bad cold and my oncologist thought that the virus I caught and all the cold meds possibily contributed. So, she pulled me off the PARP for a few days and we re-tested 5 days later. The enzymes went down a bit which was the right direction so she put me back on the drug and we agreed to retest 1 week later. So....last Monday we retested (10 days ago) and my liver enzymes were totally normal again and I was sooooooo relieved. BUT today I went back and there we are....liver enzymes all messed up again. So, my oncologist has ordered another CT as she feels my liver is also a bit bigger BUT stated that this can all be inflammation. Has anybody had something weird like this and it not be progression? I just don't see it being progression- the liver enzymes wouldn't have gone all the way back to normal then back up. It's just so weird. Andy my stomach is hard, not really like it's been in the past when I've had progression.

I am really very focused (as we all are) and know I'd have options but I have a 2 year old and this drug has allowed me to raise him the way I always imagined I would. It allows me to chase him, play with him, be with him and just enjoy. I'm terrified of going on another drug that will make me feel terrible- I should mention he was 12 weeks old when I was re-diagnosed and was in really bad shape from when he was about 6months- 9 months. Couldn't even pick him up until I had kyphoplasty in my back which helped so much. Was just a bad time. I truly live each day to the fullest and try to live in the present as much as possible but this disease can be so cruel.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if anybody has any positive insight for me.

Thanks, Maria

• Bens_Mama
    edited May 2017

Louis, I was so very sorry to read about your Princess' passing. I am praying for you and your boys and hope you find strength, peace, and healing from all the love surrounding you. Heaven welcomed a new angel. One who will always be by your side. My deepest condolences.

Maria

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited May 2017

Maria - Sending my prayers to you and your family. I do think you have to wait for the scan results ... it can all be inflammation.

I would need to see your treatment history to speculate on what you might do next. There are many good options. You should consider filling out your treatment profile and making it public in the settings menu so we can help you better. Context is everything with cancer.

>Z<

• JFL
    edited May 2017
    Maria, I have had 2 instances where my liver enzymes skyrocketed in a very short time and both were due to being sick (flu and stomach bug). It took a few weeks each time for my levels to return to normal but they started improving as I started feeling better.
  • Bens_Mama
    edited May 2017

thank you JFL and Zarovka, I've updated my info. Had it there but couldn't find the settings...it's kinda long.

Thanks again! Raining like crazy here in Ontario. Hope the sun is shining wherever you are :)

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited May 2017

Maria,

Are you on a PARP inhibitor because you are BRCA positive?