How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    edited September 2018

Tristaan - Your sweet wife Princess P was always a sunny spot on this site. She brought a smile to everyone. I will miss her. Thinking of you and wishing you peace until you are with her once again.

• blainejennifer
    blainejennifer Member Posts: 441
    edited September 2018

She will be missed. Thank you for letting us know. So much sorrow.

• Minnie31
    Minnie31 Member Posts: 494
    edited September 2018

Tristan, I am so sorry to hear about Princess pincushion. I hope you can feel the love we all send to you

• MJHJAN1014
    MJHJAN1014 Member Posts: 622
    edited September 2018

Tristaan-my heart aches for you and yours; such a tough and painful time

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited September 2018

Tristaan, I am so sorry and wishing you and your family peace. May her memory be a blessing.

• MuddlingThrough
    MuddlingThrough Member Posts: 655
    edited September 2018

Tristaan, so heartbroken for you. God bless your family.

• JFL
    JFL Member Posts: 1,373
    edited September 2018

Tristaan, my heart dropped reading your post about Princess's passing. It all happened so fast it is hard to understand. She was lucky to bring joy to so many people and have so many people who love her in her life. We will all see her later.

• skyfly
    skyfly Member Posts: 66
    edited September 2018

Tristaan, I know that there aren’t words which can console you; my heart goes out to you and your family. I know that your princess is at peace now and that as you say this is only a temporary separation for the two of

• Sue2009
    Sue2009 Member Posts: 96
    edited September 2018

Tristaan , like everyone else, I am truly saddened to hear of your loss. I appreciate your words regarding this not being good-bye, but see you on the other side , I constantly need reminding of that.

Tennille- I am new to liver mets as of beginning of June. Chemo failed me & today I finished twice a day radiation to my liver & right shoulder. I had tumor markers checked a month ago & then 2 days ago. I was so sad & quite weepy to have my CEA triple in number. My RO has been trying to reassure me that this is due to the dead cancer cells in my liver. Next week I will get a dose of imprexa, May be spelling that wrong. I feel like I am holding on by a thread right now.

Any thoughts or ideas from anyone having received imprexa will be welcomed. Some asked about Xeloda. It was definitely rough on the hands & feet, was working for me until I got septic from diarrhea. 4 different bacteria in my blood stream, 104 temp, thought that was the end of my story. That was 3 summers ago. I got back from a weeks vacation in NYC last Sunday, happy to still be here. I refuse to give up easy, but I can see it in my dr’s eyes that things are not going too well right now.

Love to all my met sisters, Sue.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited September 2018

Tristan-

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day..."  II Timothy 4:7 

Your in my prayers.     Remember, see ya later.

• Scwilly
    Scwilly Member Posts: 232
    edited September 2018

Tristaan - my heart is broken, your queen fought so hard and wanted to stay with you all. I am so sorry there was nothing that could save her and that it was so quick. She was so poorly and carried her symptoms so bravely. She will be in my and all our hearts.

Sarah

• Dhanno
    Dhanno Member Posts: 33
    edited September 2018

I am so sorry Tristan .I went through your wife posts .She was such a brave lady .

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited September 2018

Dear Tristaan the Ogre. I can only imagine the story behind that moniker. Princess Pincushion changed her BCO name from AmythestButterfly after her discussions with all those shots. My goodness, her sense of humor was so revealing of her personality.

Your wife did not want to leave...she fought and fought, always searching info to keep going. I am going to miss her and I only knew her through her postings.

She chose a good man. Thank you for caring enough for all of us to write of this heartbreaking news. Carry on my friend. We want that for those we leave behind.

Just sucks.

• KPW3
    KPW3 Member Posts: 127
    edited September 2018

Dear Tristan I am so sorry, she was a special woman of character, personality and faith. I appreciate you sharing your loss with us.

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited September 2018

Tristan. So sorry about Princess. My heart breaks for you all.

Babs

• LoveFromPhilly
    LoveFromPhilly Member Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2018

dear Tristan the ogre,

My deepest condolences to you and your family 💛

• Raven4
    Raven4 Member Posts: 92
    edited September 2018

Lynne, Did you take it with something else or by itself? I am taking it with Navelbine. which a get every 2 weeks. I have been doing chemo now with out a break for 4 months. first Taxol 7 weeks in a row, eceprt skopped a dose due to my high liver function. Th EC epirubicin and cyclophosphamid 2 rounds wiped out my wbc went down to 0.8 ANC 0.3. and now xelodo and navelbine. Xelodo 7 on 7 off and navelbine every 2 weeks.

Tristan- So very sorry for your loss.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,502
    edited September 2018

Tristan, we're so sorry to hear about the passing of PrincessP, and wanted to extend our condolences to you and the entire family. She will be missed in our boards. Sending you a huge hug!

Sincerely,

The Mods

• daywalker
    daywalker Member Posts: 77
    edited September 2018

Dear Tristaan, I am so sorry for the loss of your wife and friend. What a gift God gave you in your beautiful Queen! I just read some words by Spurgeon, and I pray that somehow they will comfort you "I do not think I can preach tonight; I feel so weary, and worn, and ill. Still, I can talk to you a little concerning the great love of Christ. If I were dying, I think I could speak upon that theme; and oh, when we rise again, how we shall talk for ever and ever about Christ's love! This will be our endless theme throughout the eternal ages - His great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins"... One day at a time dear Tristaan xxx

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    edited September 2018

Tristan, My heart is breaking for you and your family. Princess was such a beautiful woman who lifted us up with her sense of humor and her obvious love for you and your children. I am praying for you and your family.🙏

Well done Daywalker!

See ya later, Princess!

Claudia

• EMAW
    EMAW Member Posts: 99
    edited September 2018

Dear Tristaan,

I second Daywalker's sentiments. Our kind and precious Lord sovereignly plots our course in this pilgrimage here, drawing us gently toward our real home. While your sweet wife was your precious comfort here on earth, I am glad that she is in her heavenly home, with no sorrow or tears. Now, we pray for you, and ask that God will wrap his tender arms around your soul and give you all comfort as you mourn losing your dear partner for just a brief time until you get to see each other again very soon in the mansion He has prepared for us.

These words are for my own comfort as well, as I've been Stage IV for quite a long time (almost 8 years now) and I know that the Lord has a perfect day, hour and moment planned for my homecoming.

Love, in Christ,

Miriam

• hartrish
    hartrish Member Posts: 290
    edited September 2018

Tristan: I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers and hugs to you and your family

• Max_otto
    Max_otto Member Posts: 124
    edited September 2018
    Tristan, My heart is sadden by the loss of your lovely princess. Peace to you and your family.
  • LoriCA
    LoriCA Member Posts: 671
    edited September 2018

Tristaan I'm so sorry, praying for love, peace and strength to help and your family through this difficult time. Princess will be dearly missed.

• Celebrate_Life
    Celebrate_Life Member Posts: 76
    edited September 2018

Tristaan, may you find courage in the days ahead to manage the loss of your loved one. May the fond memories you have with her carry you through this difficult time. It was shocking news and thank you for updating us. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Therese

• Celebrate_Life
    Celebrate_Life Member Posts: 76
    edited September 2018

Ascites-who has had it? What are your coping skills till it is drained? It will be a long weekend....

Therese

• Tennille76
    Tennille76 Member Posts: 79
    edited September 2018

Need some advice: Eribulin kept my bone and liver mets under control but not other mets so was swapped to Abraxane. Abraxane settled everything but set off my liver. I have had 1 cycle of Doxil and my TM's jumped from 490 to 1100, first time this high since diagnosis. Onc is now talking Carboplatin because I am having radiation on my brachial plexus. Anyone else had a huge jump like that and managed to get it settled?

• Lynne
    Lynne Member Posts: 368
    edited September 2018

Tristaan, so sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Raven-I did Xeloda by itself, for 2 1/2 years (my longest working treatment in the past 6 years).

• KPW3
    KPW3 Member Posts: 127
    edited September 2018

Well, an update....my kidneys responded really well to the steroids and my creatine is basically normal so I received the Halaven dose Tuesday, although the nephrologist said that Halaven would have been ok with some kidney issues and shouldn't be an issue. They are decreasing the steriods, but will take 6 weeks! They are negatively affecting my sleeping, so now I have to take something for that. But I was very happy to get the Halaven dose at a reduced dose. It's not clear whether I'll ever get the Keytruda/Pembo. The kidneys were a grade 2 injury, for the trial you aren't allowed to receive it again if you have a grade 3. So, we haven't totally ruled it out, but if I have a similar response in the future it may damage my kidneys worse the next time. If I don't get the Keytruda for >12 weeks I think I'm technically off trial. I really want to stay on it, or see what the next scan shows in Oct.

• MuddlingThrough
    MuddlingThrough Member Posts: 655
    edited September 2018

KPW3, I hope you can stay on the trial. Glad for your kidney improvement. Sounds like you and your doctors are watching all the angles.