How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• MuddlingThrough
    MuddlingThrough Member Posts: 655
    edited October 2018

Grannax, gorgeous! It looks like you had fun too!

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,502
    edited October 2018

Grannax, you look beautiful and I'm so glad it went well. Yay!!!

• jamiemarie
    jamiemarie Member Posts: 51
    edited October 2018

You look stunning, Grannax! So beautiful! xoxo

• nbnotes
    nbnotes Member Posts: 338
    edited October 2018

Grannax - what a wonderful experience, and you looked beautiful!

• cling
    cling Member Posts: 263
    edited October 2018

Grannax2: You look radiant!!!

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    edited October 2018

Grannax- You look lovely! So happy you had a good time :>.

• GracieM2007
    GracieM2007 Member Posts: 1,255
    edited October 2018

Grannax, you look stunning! The dress is incredible! Yea!!! I knew you would rock that runway!!!

• Lynne
    Lynne Member Posts: 368
    edited October 2018

Grannax, you look beautiful. How nice they had someone walk with you. Nice you got to keep the dress and jewelry too. What a great experience!

Lynne

• Frisky
    Frisky Member Posts: 1,686
    edited October 2018

Grannax you look fabulous! Glad you had a good time! XXX

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited October 2018

Grannax-

Beautiful !!!!!   You represented all of us.  Thank you.

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited October 2018

you are smashing. Thanks for representing grannex

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited October 2018

Wowie Zowie! You look lovely from tip to toe!

• Raven4
    Raven4 Member Posts: 92
    edited October 2018

Hi JFL

I am having alot of issues with blisters and redness of my feet. on the Xeloda. I have only taken one cycle. week on one week off and one week on. This is relly hard I do cold epsom salt baths. silconein shoes, creams. I am on 2000mg over the day. 2 morning two evening. I amalot of SE nausea, lack of appetite. he wants me on this for at least six months with the navalbine. It is already working. Anything you can tell me or what doesage you took. any pointers. I remember you said you were on this for a year.

Raven

• KPW3
    KPW3 Member Posts: 127
    edited October 2018

Grannex, You look great!! So glad you were able to go and enjoy!

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited October 2018

These two are my inspiration I want to live longer for them

• Grannax2
    edited October 2018

My son did not get to walk me So we went downstairs and “pretended “ ha it was held in the Frontiers for Flight Museum if you google SMGlobal you can read about the designer who has made all of these shows possible Her dresses in the collection we saw were gorgeous beaded evening gowns Her name is Samira Moguh I think The next show will be in NYC

• Grannax2
    edited October 2018

My whole family came to support me

• Grannax2
    edited October 2018

This male model works mostly in New York City He’s the one who kept me from losing my balance

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited October 2018

Oh Grannax2, I am crying..what a beautiful family.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited October 2018

Grannax-

Lovely. You go girl.

• chef47
    chef47 Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2018

grannax these pictures are so awesome! Beautiful people! What a glorious night. Thank you for sharing with all of us. It’s so nice to see good things happening and you derveve everybit of it:

• KPW3
    KPW3 Member Posts: 127
    edited October 2018

Love the photos! Beautiful family

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903
    edited October 2018

Raven4, I took Xeloda for three years. First thing I noticed is that you are soaking your feet-- this is a huge no-no with HFS. Your feet and hands should be in water as little as possible. The Epsom salt is probably drawing the chemo toxins into your feet tissues also. I showered exclusively the whole time I was on Xeloda, and never for more than 10 minutes. No baths, no swimming pools.

Heat, pressure, and water can all draw the Xeloda chemo into the tissues in your feet and hands and essentially trap it there.

If you do a search for "Lulubee Xeloda Skechers" you'll probably get search results for a long post I wrote in the All About Xeloda thread on what I learned about minimizing HFS troubles while taking Xeloda longterm.

Hope this helps.

• Lynne
    Lynne Member Posts: 368
    edited October 2018

Raven-They had to lower my dose, after the first one, because I could barely walk on my feet. I was on it 2 1/2 years. I would used "Udderly Smooth" cream in the morning and Aquafor or Vaseline in the evening. I immediately would put socks on (use old ones at night, the ointment stains). I also put cotton gloves on my hands until it was absorbed. I also took vitamin B6 too. I still do all of that to this day. Try to keep off of you feet as much as you can, and put them up. Also try to avoid shoes that rub your feet. My peeling got better as I went on. I was on the 3 weeks on, one week off plan (if I can remember correctly after 4 years!). I'm glad that it is working on the cancer! Hugs!

Grannax-More beautiful pics! What a beautiful family you have! Nice that they all came out to support you!

Lynne

• Raven4
    Raven4 Member Posts: 92
    edited October 2018

Lulubee and Lynne,

Thank you for this info. If it´s not one thing it´s another. I can´t walk my 3 km now but am on a stationary sit bike less pressure on feet. He wants me on this for a while so I have to find ways to survive this. They are better now at this moment, but I have only done one cycle. like 44 to go then I go for the Navalbine evey 2 weeks, it´sin the taxol family less toxic. Next Ct scan is in novemeber. My cancer markers are all high esp 15-3, CEA liver function.... like 2800 something. it had come down when I was on Taxol to 700. But the Ct shows regression in all areas lymph 8mm liver tumor went from 7.6 to 3.4, lunch clearing up. T11 is stable and he is moving my Zometa to every 6 weeks not every 4.

Some doctors don´t go by the biomarkers others do. I´m going to lose my mind in this. Some days I feel confident other days I feel like throwing in the towel. But of course I won´t but this is so scarry.

I had a full day biked on stationary bike 20 min. chair exercise, planted fall flowers in my garden, laundry, and folded. washed my wig. just need to blow dry notin the mood now, it´s real hair..alot more work. Had my son´s 11th b-day yesterday. My husband and hi haveday apart so one family party.

I got my eyebrows back and some lashes...

Granna X- You look fantastic on the catwalk love the shoes andall the outfits. so niceto see pictures.

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    edited October 2018

Have been following my oldies. Unfortunately Babs is not doing well at this point. She is a true friend. I went to see her. Her beautiful family is with her and she is so proud them. I'll keep you posted. We could hope things might turn around. So wish to hear about Z. also.

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,869
    edited October 2018

Hi Momma!!! How lovely to hear from you!!- are Dani's girls doing well?!! Here is a link to a wonderful letter written by Christopher Reeve's son to himself, when he was just 13 and his mom died of lung cancer, just a year a bit after his father died. It's incredibly inspiring, for anyone thinking of what to say to a young person grieving.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/note-to-self-will-ree...

I just logged on to post a link to everyone from Time about the hope for using immunotherapy in breast cancer. At least for triple negative cancers, they plan to release some data from a clinical trial at the end of October where they tried a bit of radiation to stir up the tumor and blast off some the cancer cells into circulation, and then boost with immunotherapy and let the immune cells hunt out the cancer- high hopes for some good news here:

http://time.com/5415044/breast-cancer-immunology/

I am also worried about Z, have not been able to reach her on this site- Momma do you (or anybody?) have any other contact info to reach her?

• JFL
    JFL Member Posts: 1,373
    edited October 2018

Hi Raven. Glad Xeloda seems to be doing its job although the side effects are no fun. I took 3000 / day, 14 on and 7 off. The last few months I did the same dose 7 on 7 off. Like others have said, urea cream 20% helps, as does Vitamin B6. I took a Vitamin B complex sublingual under my tongue daily which helped. I bought two pair of thin, fabric gloves - one with grip, the other without. I wore gloves when I applied the lotion to hands. I also wore gloves when I had to do anything that required friction on my hands or hurt. I also kept a pair in the car to wear when I was driving when necessary and kept little wash cloths around to use to grip things when needed. For me, the hand foot syndrome on X was cyclical. It would be worst my week off and would improve when I started my next cycle. I started to figure out the few days it would be the worst and would try to plan around them. Also, I would recommend taking yogurt and probiotics every day to prevent digestion issues. There were a few of us that didn't have digestion issues on X and the common factor seemed to be that we all took probiotics. Hang in there. I hope your side effects improve.

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited October 2018

momallthetime- thank you for posting. It was nice to hear from you.

I’ll keep Babs in my prayers. Seems like a lot of us old timers are having a bit of a rough time. I hope hers turn around.

Much love to you and the girk

• thrivingmama
    thrivingmama Member Posts: 133
    edited October 2018

Cure-ious - thanks for posting the article from Time! Will be interesting to learn more from the data coming out later this month.