Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2020

Grannax,

I hope that the PET scan goes well, and that the faslodex (combined with your Y90 treatment) is working on everything. You've had a long wait. It seems cruel to make you wait until Monday or Tuesday for results -- hang in there.

And yes, coffee after the test! Yay!

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited March 2020

Thanks, Bev Jen.💞

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited March 2020

I’m in your pocket Grannax!

• Anewbreath
    Anewbreath Member Posts: 122
    edited March 2020

Grannax2 - Praying you hear that your Y90 treatment blasted those liver mets away. Stay strong😊

I’m thinking about all of us durning this uncharted global crisis times!!! Treatment surveillance seem so uncertain...should we risk Clinic visifor blood draws & checkups.....treatment break to boost our immune system??? Would I even dare with liver mets? I’m so grateful to connect on here with others who understand. Stay well, my liver metster friends❤️

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited March 2020

Grannax- In your pocket for your PET. I just posted on Mel's Living Room Thread -- My Husband, My Life, …-- that I went out today for my Lupron injection and Port Flush. First time out in a week for me. Good Grief.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited March 2020

in your pocket grannax!

NicoleRod- immunotherapy - at least some types - can be given *with* chemo (I'm getting it with) but if you start chemo first it screws it up. There are weird interactions because most chemo suppresses the immune system but immunotherapy ramps it way up.

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited March 2020

Grannax - hope you've had your coffee by now! Wishing for the best results next week!

Katty

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited March 2020

thinking of you granne.

• Kc54321
    Kc54321 Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2020

Grannax - I'm thinking of you today and I hope you get some good test results! Sending you virtual hugs from “safer at home" California.

Smile

• HopeandGratitude
    HopeandGratitude Member Posts: 520
    edited March 2020

Saying prayers and sending hope for best results possible! Keep the faith.

• Kattysmith
    edited March 2020

Hey I don't know how it happened, but I accidentally blocked someone with whom I was having a private conversation!

How can I unblock them???

Thanks!

• Grannax2
    edited March 2020

Answered prayer, I got such great news this morning. My lung and chest mets are definitely responding to Faslodex and the y90s "resolved" my liver mets. Can you believe it? I am so excited and pleasantly surprised. I was only hoping for stable but THIS is spectacular.

Now, I stay on Faslodex for at least 3 months. Easy. My brain feels like a fog has lifted. 💞

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited March 2020

Grannax, that’s AWESOME news!!! I’m so happy fo you!!

• BevJen
    edited March 2020

Grannax,

After all of the drug trauma over the past months, this is such excellent news! And you were wise to go through with another y90 too. Fantastic news!

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited March 2020

Gran...so happy for you!!! That is awesome!

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited March 2020

Hurray! So happy for you Grannax2!!!!!!

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited March 2020

so very happy for you. Thank you forgiving me something to celebrate.

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,028
    edited March 2020

I cannot be happier when science and people work together and get good results!:) Saulius

• BevJen
    edited March 2020

Saulius,

How are things health wise generally in Lithuania? Are you being hit by the coronavirus? Not trying to highjack this thread, but you popped in just wondering -- hope you and your family are safe.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited March 2020

Grannax- Oh my gosh, girl. Congrats. Woohoo. Hallelujah. Thank God. Love ya.

• Kattysmith
    edited March 2020

WOW Grannax, that is wonderful x 100!!! Yippeeeeeeee!

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,028
    edited March 2020

Dear BevJen, thanks, we are fine! So far we have ~150 cases in 10 days of quarantine. You can walk in the street but it is forbidden to leave the country, to enter the country for foreigners, all bars, restaurants, sports clubs and alike are closed, all gatherings and events are banned, all schools and kindergartens closed too, only food-and-drug-stores are open, their opening-times shortened. My Vijus and Sandra is at home, I come to work, as I work only with my colleague, whom I trust a lot - he takes me with a car every morning, and takes me back to the door, food is delivered via pick-up services and left at the door. It is sad not to be going outside too much, as sun is shining but I see it as an opportunity for the Western World to wake up and finally understand that we made it ourselves, that we do not need to travel to Italy every other weekend "for shopping in Milano", that best thing that we have is being simple, not over-consuming, being with our loved ones, being healthy, being in harmony with our nature. We in this country, I think, have enough of everything and do not need more, or actually... I could live with 1/5th of what we have now. If this time we will not understand that and will go further polluting and killing for another million, although we already have everything we need, then let us be doomed! Some do panic a bit here but otherwise everything is calm, shops are full, all services operate, and I am sure everything will be okay. Some even joke that in USSR we were in constant quarantine for 50 years (really, you could not even walk on the beach after 20:00, all shelves in shops were empty and mostly everyone was sitting at home:). I read one very nice quote: "Our grandfathers were called to war, we are called to sit on the sofa. You can do this!":)

I am happy the government (not the government I have voted for but have to admit - they do well in this crisis) took everything under strict control and maybe we will be able to avoid bigger things. I am also happy Sandra's infusions will go as planned - NCI called us and informed that because of the quarantine time has changed to 8:30 instead of 11:00 this Thursday, that was very kind of them and I am very thankful!

I hope all of you are sound as much as you can be, and today, with amazing news from Mrs. Grannax, I really feel that all of us will be fine!

With all my heart, Saulius

• Grannax2
    edited March 2020

I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate all of you rooting for me. It's been difficult, without all of you cheering me on don't know how I would have gotten through these last six months.

Faslodex was on my genomic testing report two years ago. My old MO refused to put me on it. That was the beginning of our declining relationship. I'm so glad I fired her. The one I have now really believes in genomic testing. I told her what my previous one said. She was appalled.

I know it doesn't always work out this way, I feel blessed. I believe genomic testing and use is key to future TX.

y90 Queen x2........should I change from Grannax2? Hahaha 💞

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 760
    edited March 2020

grannax

You are delightful and such an inspiration for all of us to be our own advocate.

Keep on fighting everyone, even in the current events.

I dont know about you, but I am fighting a battle of the mind that the virus could kill me before the cancer. My immunities are low and I am very vulnerable. I am staying home and not letting anyone visit. Miss my grandbaby so much.

I had oral surgery Thursday for an abscess and have gone through my pain meds. I knew I would heal slower but did not expect the pain to be lasting this long.

Changing some of my care plans to home instead of MDA because I do t want to expose myself.

Stay strong!

Dee

• HopeandGratitude
    HopeandGratitude Member Posts: 520
    edited March 2020

You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing so much. You will help me and so many others on this journey. Sometimes I feel so alone, but hearing the love and support here helps so much. Keep the faith and God Bless!

• Anewbreath
    Anewbreath Member Posts: 122
    edited March 2020

grannax2, So happy for you!! Praise God🙏

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067
    edited March 2020

Grannax: I haven't been on this board for awhile. YAY!! Wonderful news. Doing the Happy Dance for you. Such great news.

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited March 2020

Grannax2, this is fantastic news! I think your onc might keep the faslodex that works on lungs and bones, and add a targeted therapy, based on the genomic test, for liver.

Speaking of targeted therapy... My stats are not updated. When I had progression after two years NEAD on Xeloda, I tried eribulin/Halaven, and Doxil. Nope. Ok, I was not feeling very good about that! My genomic tests identified at least three possible targets that had therapies. We put our money on the Her2 mutation being the driver. I joined the phase II SUMMIT trial to get Faslodex, Herceptin, and neratinib (Nerlynx). I have been on it about six or seven weeks, not all of it easy. But doing well now on a lower dose. Today’s labs show that both tumor markers we follow have gone super low. My onc is so excited. High five! (Well, ok, elbow bump.)

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited March 2020

Shetland, Grannax2!!! So very happy. Good news is always welcome. ALWAYS.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited March 2020

shetland that is so awesome. Happy for you.