Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,164
    edited September 2020

Thank you all for the welcome. I feel like I have already learned a lot from you by reading earlier posts.

Moth, thanks for asking. Physically, I'm tired and achy from the meds - hoping that will improve (and knowing these are not the worst side effects) and liver pain. Intellectually, I'm little (ok, a lot) overwhelmed and my memory is not reliable, which I figure is a reaction to stress. Emotionally...does "vapor locked" makes any sense? I'm pragmatic by nature, so I wouldn't say that I'm in a panic, I just can't really figure out where I am, so to speak. I keep thinking, when I get that next piece of information, then I'll know what to think about it and how to feel. Until then, I'm...waiting. Right now, I'd really like to know that the treatment is working.

I have an appt with a new MO tomorrow (my original referral). There were some insurance-related delays, and the 'interim' MO I was seeing was not a good fit at all. I've heard really great things about the new MO, so I'm looking forward to it.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited September 2020

Philly- I was thinking you had MRI last week. Any news?

• candy-678
    edited September 2020

BevJen- Pocket duty for Friday, MRI right?

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited September 2020

Bev with you tomorrow (candy I think the MRI for Bev is tomorrow Wednesday) :)

• candy-678
    edited September 2020

IntoLight- Thinking you had scans coming up too????

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,339
    edited September 2020

Candy, yes, scans tomorrow. Thank you for remembering. Thinking of Bev and others who have scans this week. I think there are several of us...

• nicolerod
    edited September 2020

Into the light...I am with you in your pocket praying for you!

• HopeandGratitude
    HopeandGratitude Member Posts: 520
    edited September 2020

i love that y'all track scan timings for each other. Such thoughtfulness and kindness in this group. I apologize for not tracking so well, but sending all of you with scans coming up prayers and hopes for best possible results. Mine are not until the end of the month.....I tend to start my scanxiety early.

• candy-678
    edited September 2020

HopeandGratitude- I try to keep a sticky note next to my computer when someone comments they have scans coming. You are now on the list too. I have scans Sept 28.

• Anewbreath
    Anewbreath Member Posts: 122
    edited September 2020

Prayers definitely going out for test results and treatment plans for all you amazing metsers! Also, asking for prayers for my CT scans today. On my 28th month of I/F. I feel blessed to say this as my mets are pretty numerous. But, those darn TM have been rising for a few months now😞. I’ll go over my results on Thursday with my MO. My mind is starting to race.... Appreciate you all

• candy-678
    edited September 2020

Anewbreath- In your pocket for scans today and results Thurs. On the list.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited September 2020
    I'm getting CT results tomorrow.

Hugs to everyone. I'm in everyone's pockets. I got a flower basket on the weekend with an adorable little fairy so I'm going to use his little wings and flit around to everyone

• candy-678
    edited September 2020

moth- Waiting to hear results---they WILL be good. Love the fairy.

• nicolerod
    edited September 2020

Awww love that Moth..also here with you!!! GREAT ((((((((VIBES)))))))) sent to you for results tomorrow!

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited September 2020

Candy,

I have an MRI with a skull protocol (whatever the heck that is) tomorrow and my every three month MRI of my liver/abdomen on Friday. Thanks to you and all for thinking of me! I'm pretty calm about both but we shall see.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 760
    edited September 2020

prayers for all having scans!

De

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    edited September 2020

ANewBreath & Moth, sending {{{positive energy}}} and all my fingers crossed for good scan news tomorrow.

Bev, in your pocket for tomorrow and Friday scans. Joining others for upcoming scans as I have a PET/CT coming up on Sept. 11.

SeeQ, welcome! Glad you found us, but I'm sorry for your need to be here. So important to have the right MO and sounds like you've found one. Wrapping my virtual arms around you.

• seeq
    edited September 2020

Good thoughts for all if you with scans/results this week. It seems like a busy week.

You have your very own fairy wings, Moth. I love it!

• melmcbee
    melmcbee Member Posts: 371
    edited September 2020

Just wanted to stop in and say prayers to all who are having scans. Praying for good results, healing and comfort. Hugs.

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,028
    edited September 2020

Dear all, I join the support group for those who are into scans. All the best for you, be kind to yourself. Being an eternal optimist this time I again believe results will be good. My Sandra's interim ultrasound is coming on the 10th of September too. Sincerest hugs to everyone, Saulius

• nicolerod
    edited September 2020

Moth waiting for results today with ya! Bev in your pocket for scan today and Friday!

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited September 2020

I saw PA yesterday, my MO wasn't there again. I did get my PET/MRI scheduled for October. Both on the same day.

I found out something interesting. I know most of us have TMs done. I've always told everyone that mine never seem to be an indicator of disease process for me. I was wrong. PA told me that my CA 15-3 went up to 34.4 last November just prior to y90s. I had noticed that but no one ever said anything to me at the time so I dismissed it. I didn't seem very high to me. She said yes it is an indicator for me. When they saw it jump from about the tens to the thirties, basically tripled, they noticed and it correlated with scans. So, now I know to watch it.

I don't have yesterday's back yet but June was 8.9. Ever since the y90s and Faslodex it has continued to go down dramatically. I hope it's a good number this time too.

Hoping for good scan results for everyone.💞

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited September 2020

Grannax,

That's really interesting about your TMs. I could only wish that mine were that low. Prior to May 2018, my CA27-29 numbers were consistently in the 20s and 30s (but within the normal range). In May of 2018, they started to rise, which resulted in confirmation of liver mets in May 2019. Since that time, they've never been back in the normal range, and they fluctuate quite a bit (usually to the upside). But nothing really new on scans, at least not until now. My MO thinks it may be subtle changes in bones. I guess time will tell.

great that your numbers are so low!!! So if your docs do think that your TMs correlate, then the potential issues on your last scans could be nothing more than that -- potential issues. Terrific.

• nicolerod
    edited September 2020

Mine don't even work lol. my MO doesn't even check them ....

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited September 2020

Hi SeeQ,

I don't post often, but I too have vapor lock. I call it being trapped in amber. I'm very pragmatic and very much a realist, without being hopeless or fatalistic! You will find a lot of information and support here and I wish you all the best!

Hope you had a good meeting with your new MO. Having someone who is straightforward and simpatico is so important!

Katty

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited September 2020

Good mojo (and maybe mojitos!) to all having scans this weeks!

Katty

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited September 2020
    Good news from my CT - significant response, all lesions continuing to shrink
  • HopeandGratitude
    HopeandGratitude Member Posts: 520
    edited September 2020

GREAT NEWS moth!!! Congratulations!!! Wahoo!!!

• seeq
    edited September 2020

Woohoo! Great news, Moth!

• seeq
    edited September 2020

Katty, it's nice to know someone understands how I feel, and your description nailed it. I especially like your "trapped in amber" analogy.

I really like my new MO. It felt like we had a detailed and direct conversation at the person-to-person level, not just doctor-to-patient. I really appreciate that. And he has a patient portal - which sounds like a no-brainer, but the interim MO didn't use one. WTH?

The news is potentially not great. I had a big jump (almost 4x) in the 15-3 TM from before tx started to after 3 1/2 weeks - which is really early, but still... I'm at 7 1/2 weeks of treatment now, so he wants current bloodwork before sending me for PET scan early. We hope to have lab results (and better numbers!) tomorrow.