How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited July 2021

What terrible news..poor Nicole. I hope they can give her some relief. My heart is breaking for her.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited July 2021

Nicole: re treatment for c7 fracture -- they do use vertobroplasty (sp) for this

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC36110...

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited July 2021

My thoughts are with Nicole. 💕. I hope she’s getting good care in the hospital and that her fracture can be treated, as BevJen’s link described. Nicole is certainly due for things to start going her way.

• blmike
    blmike Member Posts: 195
    edited July 2021

On Friday, I posted how my wife's MO recommended hospice for Polly. Unfortunately, we never got that far as Polly passed away today in the hospital. She had severe pain last night and we called an ambulance and took her to the ER. They tried their best to control the pain and after many hours, they finally got her some relief from the pain in her stomach and liver areas. Shortly thereafter she stopped breathing. I just think that her body couldn't take any more pain. About 15 minutes before she passed, I told her I loved her. At least now she's finally free of all of that pain.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited July 2021

I’m so sorry Mike.

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited July 2021

Mike, thank you for telling us such very sad news. Typing those words to us must have been surreal.

I was shocked at her quick progression. Her pain must have been excrutiating. I used to be a Hospice volunteer and I firmly believe she heard your declaration of love.

You were her prince.

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited July 2021

Nicolerod..holding your hand. That C7 has been a problem for a while.

You have MANY supporters..maybe that will lift your spirits knowing you are not alone.

Your body is very strong and I know your pain will be managed. Your team will sort this out.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,161
    edited July 2021

Mike, I am so, so sorry to hear this. I'm sure she felt your love all the way. Thank you for coming back to tell us.

Nicole, lifting you up in prayer.

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited July 2021

Mike, I am so sorry to hear about Polly.

Nicole, that is just terrible. I pray they can do something for you.

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited July 2021

thinking of you Nicole.

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    edited July 2021

Mike, I am so very sorry. There are no words at a time like this. You were an amazing husband, fighting so hard by her side. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,027
    edited July 2021

Dear Mike, we are so very sorry:/ Holding you both deep in our hearts.

I am also so very sorry for Nicole:/ And of course there's something that can be done to fix the spinal cord mechanically. Nicole, we all pray for you. I just hate this disease...

Also... thank you so much for all of your cheers, support and kind words...

Saulius

• mermaid007
    mermaid007 Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2021

Nicole... I had Vertebroplasty for a collapsed L5 vertebrae which was very successful.

Thinking of you xx

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited July 2021

Mike, may loving memories of Polly sustain you and comfort you. You did the very best for her and were with her when her suffering ended. Please take care of yourself and let those around you cushion your grief. I am so sorry. May Polly rest in peace.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited July 2021

Mike,

Your wife's suffering is over and you were her hero. May you be comforted at this time and know that you did all that you could to support your wife through her illness.

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited July 2021

Mike- lots of love to. You. I am so sorry for your loss. She heard you. Many hugs.

• lafsunshine
    lafsunshine Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2021

Mike, my heart is breakingfor you. I am so sorry -there are just no words.....You and your dear Polly will be in my prayers

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited July 2021

Mike,

I am sorry for your loss of your dear Polly. She was able to thrive in your love and devotion. I wish you peace during this time of grief and hope you find joy in the memories you and Polly shared.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited July 2021

Nicole, I am sending up prayers for you and hope you find treatment for the fracture and relief from the pain

• d37
    d37 Member Posts: 73
    edited July 2021

Mike, I’m so sorry for your loss. You and Polly are in my thoughts and prayers.

Nicole, I’m thinking of you and praying for you. You have been through so much.

Denise

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited July 2021

Mike, I'm so sorry. Your words have made it clear how much she was loved. She knew. Now take care of yourself. Do check in & let us know how you are or if there is an address you would like physical cards sent to. May her memory be a blessing.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 760
    edited July 2021

😢 tears and 🙏🏻for Nicole

Dee

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 760
    edited July 2021

BLMike- I am so sorry about Polly. It must have felt horrible to see her suffer. I am glad she finally got some relief and you were able to share your love to her before she passed. You have been an inspiration!

Dee 🦋

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited July 2021

BLMike, you have been a courageous advocate and loving husband to Polly. I know she heard you. May her memory be a blessing to all who knew her and especially to you. I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family. ❤️🙏🏼

Nicole, praying for you and for your medical team - may they surgically repair the C7 and stop the pain . ❤️🙏🏼❤️

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited July 2021

Small update on Nicole. The medical team has made a correction on where the fracture is in the cervical spine. It's C2 not C7. C2 is a new lesion that's been found at the base of the skull. Brain MRI has been ordered which she's waiting for to be done. I haven't gotten her to LOL in text yet, but i've managed to do it before so, its early :) I believe the lyrics from chumba wumba's tubthumping

"I get knocked down
    But I get up again
    You're never gonna keep me down"

describe her to a T. Tough lady. Determined lady. Will try to update as i know things. Cross posting this part in liver/bone threads.

Mike, not many husbands come around these parts but when they do they are a special breed of man who plunge deep into the middle of all this with us on behalf of their wives they champion for. It takes alot to walk through a disease such as this with someone you love, its a whole new level to also provide encouragement to women who also are at various stages on the same path as someone you love. I'm so sorry for your loss, you championed for your wife and I just know she always sensed you in her corner even to the end.

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited July 2021

This is very, very sad. Thanks for the update on Nicole.

• olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited July 2021

Sorry! Posted in wrong thread! Will delete

• lafsunshine
    lafsunshine Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2021

Nicole- prayers will be said. May the Good Lord guide the doctors in finding a way to stop your pain and to find a treatment to heal you!

• theresa45
    theresa45 Member Posts: 238
    edited July 2021

Mike - I'm so sorry for your loss of Polly. She was extremely fortunate to have such a loving husband and advocate by her side every step of the way! I will be praying for you both. Wishing you peace, love and light at this difficult time.

Nicole - Sending prayers that your doctors will be able to eliminate your pain and treat your fracture!

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited July 2021

Mike, I’m sure those were tough words to write to us. Fly Away Home, Polly.

Nicole, So sorry to hear about your fracture and new lesion at C-2 . I did have surgery to remove my C-3 Actually, I have a fusion from 2-5, with strut and graft. Lots of titanium holding my head on Yes, I do know how much pain you’re in it was horrible for me back then But I did get through it I hope you will too