How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• lafsunshine
    lafsunshine Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2021

NicoleRod,how extremely frustrating that they did not scan you! But, the Good Lord is watching out over you, so there has to be a reason for it

AlabamaDee, hoping that you get good results on the Monday scan!

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,869
    edited August 2021

Dee, Well, maybe those of us on these boards can speed along the process by signing up for the ARV-471 trial.

In your pocket for the upcoming scan!

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited August 2021

Dee, I sure wish life would stand still while we do Cancer. You have a lot on your plate right now. Pray for good news on your scan.

My husband was in a hospice for his Pancreatic Cancer, too. Fortunately, it was excellent for all of us.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 760
    edited August 2021

Continued stable disease🎉🎉🎉 Breathing a sigh of relief! I started this trial in Dec 2020 so this is the longest I have been on any MBC drug. The shrinkage went from 11% to 9% from start of study, but they considerate that still stable. And for my history that really is great.

This radiologist decided to include an extra tumor that was never on the reports before- it was stable but freaked me out a little. I thought multiple diffuse lesions meant tiny ones but this one is 2cm. I wonder if it was a Y-90 tumor. SCRI didn't know. They don't go over the scan images on a computer. They just use the report from the radiologists, who usually only comment on the recist tumors unless there is growth somewhere else. 😏

Plan is to wait 12 weeks until next scan. Less scanxiety for me!

Time for baby watch- my son and DIL are past due by 2 days with their first. 🚼

Dee

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited August 2021

So Happy for you Dee

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,869
    edited August 2021

Wonderful, Dee, a magical time for sure, and just when you needed a long break..

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421
    edited August 2021

Congratulations, Dee. Hope you get to coo over your new grandbaby soon.

• lafsunshine
    edited August 2021

AlabamaDee - Woohoo! Great news on your scan! Howexciting to be welcoming a new grandbaby into your life soon! Enjoy this time!

• nicolerod
    edited August 2021

I feel lost here...I feel like I haven't really heard from you all?

Has anyone heard from Hope or JFL?

I begin radiation this week to T3 and my now fractured C7...I am nervous. **edit *** heard back appt tomorrow afternoon...praying for no esophagitis

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 760
    edited August 2021

Nicole- navigating the cancer mess is so hard. You are such a great advocate for yourself. I pray the radiation does it’s job on your spine. You are such an inspiration here. HUGS! I hope you feel that! This place is a great way to vent and get support

BLESSINGS,

Dee

• B-A-P
    B-A-P Member Posts: 409
    edited August 2021

yay Dee!! That's so encouraging!

Nicole, I hope you hear back soon ! How frustrating. Hoping it does what it needs to and you can get some much needed relief.

I haven't seen Hope or JFL either :(

MRI this week and of course my MO is on holidays for the next 2. Hoping it's a straightforward report since I'll have to see my GP for the results ( With all that's going on symptom wise, I'm not waiting until Sept 1st to deal with what's going on. I think I will restart Tamoxifen on my own because I can't wait for her to come back from vacation , that's too long off a drug that I don't feel is causing my issues). My GP isn't the best at interpreting the reports. My blood work as previously posted , hasn't been great liver wise. He said he was super concerned, but my MO said " I'm not panicked" and I agree that sometimes he can over react and instill anxiety. I only wish he over reacted when I first had Breast cancer symptoms, but here we are...

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited August 2021

Dee, that's great news!!! I'm so happy and excited for you!

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited August 2021

Nicole, just look down south to Texas and you'll see me waving and blowing kisses to you! ❤

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited August 2021

Dee, what great news!!!!

Nicole, good luck with the rads. Wishing you a smooth and easy treatment!

nothing new here right now. This week I'll be getting bloodwork and seeing the MO, then chemo one day, immunotherapy the next. My liver labs have been stable for the last few months so hopefully that's true on Wed too. Next scans are in Sept.

• scrunchthecat
    scrunchthecat Member Posts: 138
    edited August 2021

Hi everyone,

I have some sad news. I am afraid our friend JFL passed away a few days ago. I don't have any details. Please hold her family in your thoughts.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited August 2021

scrunchthecat, thank you for sharing the heart wrenching news with us.

I'll be thinking of her and her family.

• nicolerod
    edited August 2021

I am sobbing uncontrollably...about Julie...omg....why...... I just cannot!!!!! I just don't understand the Enhertu was WORKING!!!!! WTH!!!!!!!

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067
    edited August 2021

scrunchthecat: Oh no!! I am so unhappy to hear about JFL. When I got my DX she was so supportive, it gave me hope. What a loss. This is a terrible year for all our sisters.

I didn't go back very far. Have we lost our dear Bliss as well?

This is making me afraid to go on the threads. I can live happily in Denial if I just don't know. This is overwhelming sadness.

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited August 2021

Sad and sickened to hear about JFL.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited August 2021

So sad to hear about Julie. She was so supportive when I reached out to her. Prayers for her family, including her small child.

• nicolerod
    edited August 2021

Elder...omgosh BLISS!!!!

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    edited August 2021

I'm so sad to hear about Julie. She has been such an inspiration, fighting back from the edge several times. She's been a constant presence since I joined in early 2017 and has been so supportive of everyone. Sending my prayers for her family.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,161
    edited August 2021

Dee, Hurray for stable!!

So sorry to hear about JFL.

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,027
    edited August 2021

God,no... not our JFL... her boy is same age as mine... He's sitting now in front of me,reading a book,feeling so happy to be with both me and Sandra... my eyes are with tears for JFL, her boy, her family, for all of us here... Saulius

• B-A-P
    B-A-P Member Posts: 409
    edited August 2021

Elderberry, I know the feeling. I often shy away from any social media groups because seeing the constant death sends me into a tailspin at times.

Poor JFL. Knowing she has a young child my sons age, who now lost his mama, hurts my heart. Hoping they're all doing the best they can at this difficult time.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited August 2021

JFL- May she rest in peace.

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited August 2021

Not JFL. Noooo. Just, no.

Sometimes I don’t like being us. We’re a team and depend on each other but when this happens it leaves a hole in our team.

Fly away home, JFL

• lafsunshine
    edited August 2021
    My heart aches with sadness..... prayers for JFL and her family
  • ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited August 2021

Oh no. I knew it. I'm so sad for JFL, for her family, for us. She wanted so fiercely to stay with her little son. We will not forget you, Dear Friend.

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited August 2021

JFL ‘s family is in my heart and prayers. She was such a vital part of our community.