Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Will 30% of Early Stage (1-IIIA) go on to metastasize??

Comments

• thinkingpositive
    thinkingpositive Member Posts: 564
    edited September 2016

Thanks Karen. It's so hard and I am trying not to worry. She is so young and has 7 year old and 4 year old twins. Can't believe she is going through this almost 2 years after me !!

• Optimist52
    Optimist52 Member Posts: 144
    edited September 2016

Thinking of you and your daughter and really hoping it's B9. She's lucky that you're so supportive. Best wishes.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,264
    edited September 2016

Thinking - yes it could well be benign. Sending wishes that will be true.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited September 2016

Our ultrasounds might be different here in Canada but both times when I saw my cancer tumours they were DEAD black. No contrast and no fuzziness within the black hole. Looked very ominous and was.

• aven
    aven Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2016

Hi Beesie, thanks for the answer. No, I don't have DCIS, I have a benign condition. I am at the very beginning of the learning curve, but I have been struck by the logic based on a continuum.

"While not always the case, in most cases cells change on a continuum from being totally normal to being a bit abnormal, to being highly abnormal (high risk), to becoming cancer. Most often the cell changes stop somewhere along the continuum and don't go any further, but any level of change presents the risk that the changes could continue until cancer develops."

(edited to cut out questions) I originally asked some questions here, but I think I need to rethink them...

• thinkingpositive
    edited September 2016

Thsnk you all for your comments regarding my daughter. Especially since it doesnt belong under this topic. That shows how wonderful and caring you all are !! Didn't sleep very much last night and continue to hope that this is nothing!

• KBeee
    KBeee Member Posts: 695
    edited September 2016

Positive, I know it must be worse watching your daughter going through the worry than it was worrying about yourself. Remember though that no matter what the outcome, she'll need your support. When I was diagnosed and told my mom, she absolutely burst into tears and had to excise herself. That made it so much harder for me. I expected my diagnosis, so I was not that bothered by it; I just knew surgery and chemo would be in my future and figured I'd breeze through it. I did. Nevertheless, her reaction and wanting to do everything for me created a lot of stress and tension. I finally had to be clear that I appreciated her support, but I had to fight my battle and needed some space (she wanted to basically move in with us for several months and she questioned EVERY treatment decision I made). So, if by chance this does come back with bad news, remember that she has seen you go through this and will model herself after you. She's young and strong. Tell her you'll support her and are here for her in what she needs. Give her hugs and a shoulder to cry on if she needs it, but let her know how much confidence you have in her strength and ability to fight. Hoping for all good news, but in case the worst happens, I wanted to mention that because the stress of dealing with my mom was more stressful than the cancer itself. I literally made a list for myself so that if/when my kids deal with this, I can look back and see what she did that was helpful and what she did that added a ton of stress. (((HUGS))) Hoping for good news soon.

• thinkingpositive
    edited September 2016

Thanks Karen! I will take your advise. I just don't want her making the same mistakes that I feel were made with my diagnosis. I learned so much but it was all after the fact. Hoping and praying ever minute we get good news. Thanks again.

Karen

• KBeee
    edited September 2016

Keep us posted when she hears something.

• thinkingpositive
    edited September 2016

I will!!

• BarredOwl
    BarredOwl Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2018

Hi ThinkingPositive:

Glad they carefully correlated the mammagraphy and ultrasound results. Sending positive thoughts your way for benign results for your daughter!

BarredOwl

• thinkingpositive
    edited September 2016

BarredOwl.. Thank you so much for your thoughts!

• SusansGarden
    SusansGarden Member Posts: 754
    edited September 2016

Sending benign vibes to your daughter!

And Kbeee, my mom took it harder than I did as well. She wasn't quite as extreme as your mom sounded, but I do remember finding myself consoling her and reassuring her which can be hard when you are the one that might need it yourself. She will still ask about "the cancer" every once in awhile, and I reassure her that no news is good news. :)

• thinkingpositive
    edited September 2016

Thanks Susansgarden... very much appreciated.

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited September 2016

Positive ..sorry you are going through all this worry ..I would feel the same ..I hope her results are back soon and she gets great news !!

• thinkingpositive
    edited September 2016

Thank you lucy55!!

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 1,054
    edited September 2016

Plenty of bc stats HERE.

• thinkingpositive
    edited September 2016

My daughter's biopsy came back benign!!! The radiologist called here this afternoon!! She gave it some long name and said she doesn't have to worry about it becoming cancer. Although they want to follow up in six months. As soon as I get the report from her and get the name I will post to see ifanyone knows what it is. Again thank you all for your support and prayers, you have no idea how much it means to me !!!

• BarredOwl
    BarredOwl Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2018

ThinkingPositive:

Congratulations! Hug

BarredOwl

• thinkingpositive
    edited September 2016

Thanks BarredOwl! Such a relief

• KBeee
    edited September 2016

Great news!!

• thinkingpositive
    edited September 2016

Thanks Kbeee!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited September 2016

The power of prayer!!!!

• thinkingpositive
    edited September 2016

barbe1958....and thanks for yours!!!! Thank you to everyone else who sent their prayers my daughters way!! I was able to sleep last night!!

• Molly50
    Molly50 Member Posts: 3,008
    edited September 2016

Wonderful news, Thinking Positive

• thinkingpositive
    edited September 2016

Thanks Molly50

• everymoment
    everymoment Member Posts: 6,656
    edited September 2016

Thhinkingpositive: Science is on your side this time.

• thinkingpositive
    edited October 2016

magiclight.... thanks for thinking of us !!!!

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited October 2016

Thinking Positive ...Yay ..I'm so happy for you all. !! Yes ..The Power of Prayer ☺

• thinkingpositive
    edited October 2016

thanks lucy55!!