Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

How many ccs per fill typically?

Options
13»

Comments

• Camillia
    Camillia Member Posts: 34
    edited December 2013
    Options

WOW! You are a strong person, Sandra! I feel for you... I dont know if I would go through all of this if I couldn't have pain medication. WAY TO GO! It will get better, no doubt... hang in there!!!

I have ready that a lot of pocket work can sometimes mean more pain. My PS did my TE surgery with the idea of putting in a teardrop implant as well. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I wont need that much pocket work ;-)

• sandra4611
    sandra4611 Member Posts: 1,750
    edited December 2013
    Options

Camilla, you should be fine. The TE should match the implant, and yours do. The exchange should be easy-peasy for you.

• Camillia
    edited December 2013
    Options

Easy-peasy sounds good to me ;-)

I hope you have been feeling better the last couple of days? Are you happy with the way things look so far?

I am still waiting for my Dr's office to call me with a surgery date. I left a message to their scheduler today but she hasn't called back. I will give her another call tomorrow.

• sandra4611
    edited December 2013
    Options

Camilla, hope you get your date and it is very soon so you don't have to wait any longer. I am doing ok at 12 days post-exchange. My lower ribs are just sore now, no more pain. The upper chest is aching because the new gummy bear implants are so much higher than the saline rounds and I'm not used to it yet. I had my last dose of IV antibiotics this morning. I see the PS tomorrow and unless he sees some kind of trouble that will require another round of antibiotics, I should get my PICC line out tomorrow. A shower without having to wear a protective sleeve on my upper arm will be heaven. Also hoping the PS will let me start doing range of motion exercises.

• Camillia
    edited December 2013
    Options

I am so glad to see that you are not in as much pain anymore! That is great news, Sandra! Hopefully your appointment went well today... no more sleeve and a nice warm shower! Oh, the simple joys of life! ;-)

I too got some good news to share, my surgery will be on Feb 5th, yay!!! Enough time for the Holidays to be behind us... news boobs for Valentines Day, lol! I just realized a couple of days ago that this whole thing may come in the way of skiing with my family this winter... do you know how long before you can resume normal activities typicaly?

• sandra4611
    edited December 2013
    Options

Camillia, you got a date! How exciting! February 5th will be here before you know it.

My check up went great today. I am PICC line free! It was so nice to have the plastic surgeon say I could stop the IV antibiotics and get rid of the PICC until next surgery rolls around. (It's painless to get it out but looks bizarre because the doc keeps pulling and pulling...the PICC line goes from the inside of your upper arm, up to your shoulder, all the way across your chest and down to your heart so it's long.) The plastic surgeon was so funny today. He took more pictures. He is so proud of his work and is amazed I've healed so well in 13 days. Of course the internal incisions will take a couple of months to heal completely, but the exterior ones look good. The Dermabond is coming off in little flakes (I was glued together this time...no sutures) but I'm still not supposed to rub on them, just let the shower gently roll over the incisions.  I'm allowed to drive again and can raise my arms over my head again.

I'm still not supposed to carry much and avoid things that strain my chest muscles or my lower rib area where the pocket work was done. Basically I was told I should let pain be my guide. If it hurts, quit doing that. I will have one more check up in four weeks and then be released until it's time for the next surgery in March.

I asked again about bras since my incisions are almost healed enough to put up with a bra pressing on them. I've never been required to wear one. He has always said it was up to me, if it feels better, wear one. Well it doesn't feel good at all so I don't but I wondered if there were any different instructions after the exchange. He said bras aren't necessary, especially underwires, but I should consider wearing a sports bra if I am going to be briskly walking for exercise or doing anything that would cause them to bounce. He revised the pockets during the exchange surgery so the new anatomicals fit perfectly and are unlikely to move around. But until all the internal work is healed, I should be careful for the next month or two.