Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Veggy

Options

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

Veggy, I know you didn't send the snow to Ducky or the east coast.. but can you talk to "The Man Upstairs" and ask him to stop confusing the roses and give us a bit of warmth soon. Going from cold to warm to cold again and my roses don't know which end is up!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    Options

Oh GMA............beautiful picture.......poor rose.......I know how it feels.............

Veggy...I can't get my car doors open......pleaaaaaaaasssseeeeeee......heat wave.....(quiet Fire)..............well maybe that isn't good then we will get floods when all the ice, and snow melt........its -5 right now.................oh dear, oh dear.............what to do........

• gmafoley
    Options

Stay home??? Break out a puzzle?

• duckyb1
    Options

GMA..............I have no other choice..........LOL.......how about IPad games..........or a good book.........

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    Options

Loving this conversation....
    GmaF, I truly can never get tired of your view and the changes you see.  I could sit for hours and watch the clouds change color.  The deer are stunning!  What type is the darker one?
    Ducky, if you love deer, I have 7 or 8 to ship out free ship.  They just ate my new rhodedendrons that we planted last spring.  We never got around to wrapping them.   But deer have to eat, too....they live across the street on 4 acres and roam all night chomping down the neighborhood.
    FireKracker, I'm not sure we are supposed to question this  weather if it makes us cocoon and rest a bit.  (assuming we don't all have to shovel a lot of snow).
    Kath, if you read back on the threads, you can see that Veggy was a blend of hilarious, a woman of few words, both strong and vulnerable.  I hope you laugh 'til it hurts!  She'd like that.
    I think this is a good place to remember loved ones and even those who are not related to BCO...I know on some threads the sisters don't want to hear sad things...and I get that...but with Veggy as our angel, we can try to muddle through the things we cannot accept or understand.
    I know you have all heard this, but i have to remind myself that life is like a tapestry.  We see the bottom with the chaotic threads of many colors and lots of loose ends.  But usually we can't see the picture.  That's the job of the master artist above the canvas, creating a beautiful harmonious work of art that ties us all in - all us "loose ends".  Each plays a part in the eternal picture.  And although we get glimpses, we can't see it yet.

• duckyb1
    Options

Beautifully said Joan........and your right about Veggy she was the place to go to when you were looking for a good laugh.........I loved how she could say what she wanted in 2 words.......she was a master at that.......

• gmafoley
    Options

joan - the momma is a cross between a whitetail and blacktail deer.

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    Options

morning veggyfriends!

• duckyb1
    Options

Its Good Afternoon here Kathec.........you have a glorious warm day..........while I look out at more snow, and car doors frozen shut........LOL

VEGGY.......if you have any pull up there..............help us here, even if just to get my car doors open..LOL

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    Options

Morning, just saying hello before going to church.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

be still my heart please

What wonderful sistas u all r.

Veggy,the beautiful lady with her 2word lines

Before I used to live her I would tell her I was comin and wanted to get together..her first answer was always no.then I would say just 5 min.again one word.no,then ok 10 and she would say lalalala.again one word...we would go back and forth for days before I moved here...in the end I would always get her to meet me and we would spend the entire day together...

Then I moved here the first thing she said to me is OH NO....and on and on but we spent such quality time together till she got real sick...and it got harder and harder for her.

Sorry for rambling

I miss her so much

Thanks for helping keep this thread alive...Veggy would have liked that..

Love you

FireKracker,,,

• FireKracker
    Options

BTW I hoping to see Veggys hubby on Tues...

Finally will be able to give him the surprise that was supposed to be for Christmas for her boys.

Anyone have a message for him?

Please no storm!!!!

• duckyb1
    Options

Fire......just give him our love........

• Tomboy
    Options

for sure! you intuitively understand what it means for loved ones to hear how you loved the one they loved, too. big warm hug to you, for pulling an amazing thing together, for her family, firekracker.

• FireKracker
    Options

thanks to all of you for holding me up when I was laying on the ground

I could have never done this without all of u.

Now I need the big girl panties to meet her hubby and not dare to cry..

• duckyb1
    Options

Hey Fire.....wanna borrow mine...........mine have suspenders for the really  bad days.......

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    Options

What's wrong with crying if it is sincere and not just about you?  Oops, I forgot you told me that your crying is not discreet sniffling.  Yeah, try not to start. 
    I think you can speak for all of us but if you want us to write some personal notes, I'm happy to do it....not sure you have a printer though.
    You can tell him I felt she is a beautiful soul whose spirit will remain with me and many forever.  That she was honest.  Humble.  Funny as heck.  And a master of one liners.  And beautiful.  And not afraid to say she was worried and hated BC like the rest of us...which touched me deeply.
    Thanks K, for taking on this huge wonderful/sad task.  The family will never forget you or that you cared enough.

• FireKracker
    Options

her hubby reads the threads now

The mods told me how he could get on to read

So he knows everything

Besides whenever Ido call him to try to see him and the boys I cry

I left him a message today

And ducky I'll take u up on the offer with the big girl panties.lol

I never was a cry baby.never ever..I was so tough and strong

2013 changed my life losing 4 dear friends all to the big c.

And they were all younger then me!!!!!!

Scares the crap out of me

Enuf

My eye is twitching again.

• Tomboy
    Options

o ma corazon

• FireKracker
    Options

Kath..speakin Spanish

Be still my heart

• duckyb1
    Options

Goodnight Veggy, dear friend................

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

To Dear Veggy's Dear Husband, your wife was wonderful. She brought joy to all of us. She was a master at finding pics and graphics that were appropriate to the situation.

She often spoke of you and the kids. Rarely, she talked of publically of leaving you and the kids. But by PM--private message, it was her worst fear, she loved you all so, she feared how the boys would do without her.

I could always  tell how she was doing if she said she was going to cook pancakes. They were her up days.

If she talked of being in the basement, it was a down time. She and I worked on the basement thing several times. Both ways, bless her. 

When you can read OMG THEY FOUND A CURE FOR STUPID. It's a thread about the absurdity of breast cancer and societal response. Val was there in the beginning around page 28 or abouts. It rivals the early days of Sat. Night Live. It was her favorite thread. We were there together for so long then I faded away, but we were on multiple threads together.

There were so many people that loved her, many have posted here, others haven't. For some it's hard to post on a thread when a dear friend has died. So, you may not see lots of different people here, it's for that reason.

The ones here are grieving her loss intensely. It is our only way because we are electronically connected. Few like Firekracker who has been able to contact you directly, can grieve in the connected way.

May your beliefs help you through this, may at sometime in the far future you can share with the boys, her incredible sense of humor on OMG.

Her last private message to me we talked of Abbott and Costello "Who's on First". I was comparing myself to Abbott the straight man and she as Costello. Pointing out that Costello was the brains behind the two for the comedy.  It caught me off guard that she said she loved Burns & Allen. That was late Oct. If that may have been one of those things you didn't know, I hope it helps.

Bless the whole family, I know Val was conflicted about the afterlife. But she accepted me believing , I bless her for that, and keep her in my prayers.  Sheila

• FireKracker
    Options

I read this on FB today and thought of U

I remember u often in a thousand different ways

In the early morning and late at nite

When I look at the stars and the clouds I see ur face

A smell,a place,my home u r there

In memory of u who left too soon

Gone but never forgotten

Sweet Valarie,May you rest in peace

• duckyb1
    Options

Goodnight Veggy.........

• duckyb1
    Options

Thinking about you Veggy.........Firecracker is on a mission today...........she is a good friend.....she is loved on all the threads........today she is a happy camper.....you will find out later........

• gmafoley
    Options

LOL - two words - Here' to you veggie.. 

• duckyb1
    Options

GMA..................

Well done.............2 words...........lol

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

Hey Veggy, was thinking about you today too. Miss you bunches.

• FireKracker
    Options

just one word today veggy

Spectacular..

• duckyb1
    Options

3 words..........she did it.........